First Day

40. FIRST DAY

It's Charlie's first day at work.. talking to herself again "Charlie you made it this far, I'm proud of you." Then she tapped herself.

"Are you Charlie?" Someone asked her
"Yes, I am" Charlie answered
"Hi, my name is Jazz. You'll be reporting to me. So, your first project is to listen to this beats and melody. Try to come up with lyrics and possible arrangement. I am counting on you." Jazz handed the USB to Charlie. By the way Jazz is a woman, her  name is Jazmine.

Charlie's looking for her station, she didn't hard a time coz Niki decorated her station welcoming on her first day. Charlie immediately called Niki..

"Hey, thank you! I appreciate it."
"Uhm, okay. See yah." Niki just woke up
"Sorry did I interupt you from sleeping?"
"No, I am actually late for work thanks for calling. Bye."

Charlie plugged the USB and put on her headphones.. she started tapping the table and stamping her foot. She enjoyed the beats and melody. She grabbed a pen and paper to write possible lyrics. She wrote a lot, she was lost in music and was able to focus on writing.

She keeps banging her head lightly. "Charlie" someone knocking on the door, it's Niki. Charlie's not hearing anything. Niki left a coffee in the office table with a note "Break a leg on your first day."

Finally, Charlie stoped working to take a break and saw the coffee on the table. She was curious coz she didn't see anyone who came by. When she saw the note, she knew it was for her. Her smile was so big and she was touched. Niki is so thoughtful, she's genuinely happy that Charlie came back.