Chapter 1 - Newfound Fame

I grasped Peter's hand tightly as we walked through the school hallways the Monday following my birthday, realization sinking in as to how it felt to be my father. Everyone was staring at me, whispering to their friends, spreading rumors. I wanted to be invisible, but it was too late for that now. And if I wasn't going to be invisible, then I was going to be confident. I refused to let my gaze fall to the floor, staring straight ahead as I pretended not to hear the whispers around me.

"Hey, (Y/N), we were wondering if you were going to show up this morning," Ned spoke in greeting as Peter and I reached out lockers. "Don't Stark parties last for like a week before all of the hangovers are over?"

I let out a laugh, relieved that Ned was still making jokes, "yeah well, I'm underage so I'm only allowed to drink the first night. I'm sure they're still partying as we speak. How does it feel to be one of Tony Stark's daughter's best friends?"

"It's awesome, (Y/N), but it has been for quite a long time. If it makes you feel any better, we aren't going to be treating you any differently," he assured me, giving me an encouraging smile.

"Thanks, Ned. It's nice to know that there are a couple of people who aren't going to be constantly talking about me behind my back."

"Just give it a week, (Y/N), I'm sure they'll all find some new gossip that will distract from your dramatic reveal," MJ spoke as she joined as at our lockers. "They're high schoolers, there's always some new boring facts about people's lives that capture their attention."

"True, I think any break-up would easily overshadow the fact that you're a Stark and Shadow," Ned added, making me roll my eyes.

"Now you're trying a bit too hard, but I do appreciate the effort."

"So, it looks like the cat's out of the bag," I head the least person I wanted to talk to say as he approached my friend group.

I groaned, "Flash, I really don't feel like dealing with your bullshit right now, all offense intended."

"I told you that this wasn't over, (Y/N)," he growled.

"And what are you going to do now, Flash? Attempt to reveal my identity again at lunch? My apologies, but I think that's old new by now."

"Yes, well you've also just proven that I am a trustworthy source, there is no limit to the rumors I can spread about you now," he smirked before turning to walk away.

I grabbed his wrist to stop him, "I don't care what lies you make up about me. But if they hurt anyone that I do care about, I just want you to remember that I am not only a Stark, I am also Shadow. And believe me when I say this, you don't want to get in Shadow's way."

"Are you threatening me?"

"No, I am merely enlightening you to the potential consequences of your actions," I smiled at him as I let go and turned in the direction of Mr. Cobbwell's classroom.

I noticed Peter was lagging behind, glaring at Flash with his fists clenched. Sighing, I turned and nodded my head to our AP Chemistry class, hoping that he would follow. Peter hadn't revealed his identity and the last thing the school needed was to find out that he was also a superhero. To my great relief, Peter turned away from Flash, reluctantly.

"You're just going to run away, Penis Parker?" Flash demanded, clearly wanting to get beneath his skin. "Shouldn't you be standing up for your girlfriend?"

"Oh, trust me, she doesn't need anyone standing up for her - she's got that covered herself," Peter replied, looking at me proudly. I slipped my hand in his and we left Flash behind as we made our way to class before we ended up being late.

"That I do," I smirked, glancing over at Peter. "You know, I was a little worried for a moment there, I don't think the school was going to be able to fathom the fact that they had not one, but two superheroes right under their noses."

He sighed, "yeah, guess I'll just have to beat up Flash some other time."

"You know, he really admires you. Your other side, that is. He thinks Peter is a complete and utter loser, but if he knew who you really were, he would be fawning all over you."

As we entered our chemistry class, we changed our discussion in fear of being overheard and sat in our not actually assigned seats. Peter turned to me and asked, "are you up to going out tonight?"

"I promised one last sparring match with Gamora before the Guardians go back to space,  but after that I should be free."

"And homework?" He asked, raising his eyebrow at me.

"God, you sound just like my father," I groaned, rolling my eyes at him. "I promise that I'll get all of my homework done before school tomorrow."

"Hey, I just don't want Mr. Stark to kill me for distracting his daughter from her school work."

"Mm, but you always do a marvelous job at that," I cooed, bringing my lips to his for a quick peck.

As I pulled away, I felt a tap on my shoulder, turning to find Amy, one of our classmates, standing there with her phone out. "I know that this might seem a little weird, but my friends weren't believing that I actually went to the same school as (Y/N) Stark, so I was wondering if we could get a picture together?"

"Oh, o-of course," I replied hesitantly, not use to this kind of attention. I had never spoken to this girl before, never mind had her initiate a conversation. However, I didn't want to be rude and deny her, so I put a fake smile on my face as she took the selfie.

It turned out that she was not the only one who wanted to get a picture with me now that I was revealed to be Tony Stark's daughter. There were even some who came prepared with a picture of me to sign, which creeped me out a lot. Teachers had to struggle to get class started, the students desperately trying to get their few moments to talk to me. It grew quite annoying and I felt bad for my friends as they were getting pushed aside by my newly found fans.

-

(A/N): Hey look, it's the first chapter! This has been coming along steadily so I'm hoping I'll actually get through it! Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed the beginning and that you enjoy the happiness while it lasts!