Chapter 28 - Describe Our First Date

I knew, even with my great skill, I would not be able to take on the entire compound of Avengers without my powers, so I began trying to break the magic-restraining cuffs around my wrists. I began to hit them against the bed frame, hoping that it would eventually weaken the metal. I was really getting sick of my powers being taken away. Was some manufacturing company giving away these restraints like free candy? Like seriously, why did everyone I ran into have these?

"Hey, (Y/N)," I heard a soft and uncertain voice speak, distracting me from the task at hand.

I looked and saw the man that Hydra had told me would be a target eventually. Of course, that had been about five months ago and I hadn't been told to kill him yet. Perhaps when I made my escape, I could take him down with me.

"Peter," I replied, getting up and walking over to the edge of my cell. "What are you doing here?"

"I was hoping you would tell me what whoever had you told you that made you turn on us. We were your family, (Y/N). I loved you and you claimed to feel the same for me." Peter looked so broken as he spoke, but if he was so weak then it was his problem, not mine.

"Love is for fools," I glared at him in response. "It becomes a liability to the mission at hand and can blind a person to the truth. Just look at the Avengers. The reason why it took them so long to capture me was because they still cared about me and didn't want me to die. It's really quite pathetic. Besides, if you truly loved me you would never have broken my heart."

His face turned to one of confusion as he asked, "(Y/N), when did I break your heart?"

I tried scanning my memories, but I could remember nothing more than what Hydra had told me about myself. I could remember being briefed about my past relationships and the fact that Peter and I had a painful breakup, but there were no details included as to what specifically had happened.

"It doesn't matter," I responded, turning away from him. "The point is, even if I ever did care about you, I certainly don't anymore. And if you actually cared about me, I'm sure you would have visited me the minute I was brought into the compound."

"(Y/N), Loki and I are the reason that you're here in the first place. I hadn't suited up in years before discovering that you were still alive, but I became Spider-Man again so that I could help bring you in safely."

I could feel my eyes widen at the fact that this small little kid was Spider-Man. I mean, it did make me understand why I had dated him in the first place, otherwise I surely would have thought him too weak. Realizing that I probably should have known about his secret identity, I quickly covered up my shock, but the damage had already been done.

"Did you forget that I was Spider-Man?" Peter questioned, although I knew that he already had that answer to that question.

I shook my head, "you really think that I could forget something like that?"

"No, of course not," he replied, eyeing me suspiciously. "But could you describe our first date?"

I scoffed, "I have no reason to remember something so futile."

"Ok, then how about our last date? Who was the first one to say 'I love you?' What was our first fight about? Why did we break up? Do you remember any of these?"

"Well of course I remember why we broke up, it was because you broke my heart, remember?"

Peter's lips upturned into a smile as a look of relief washed over him, "you know, you really had me worried there for a second. I seriously thought that I had hurt you and never realized it, but you it was just because you have been brainwashed."

"What on earth are you talking about? Of course I haven't been brainwashed!" I cried out, although I began to suspect that it could be true. Why else did I conveniently not remember a single before Hydra?

"(Y/N), we never officially broke up. You were kidnapped and I hidden away from me for almost four years."

I sighed, choosing to spread Hydra's story that they had told me. "Peter, I had an accident, from which I suffered amnesia, it's true. But I remember the pain that you put me through, although I may not remember what exactly you did to cause me that pain. The organization that I serve has reminded me of my purpose and now I have dedicated my life to them because they are the only clear thing that I remember."

"(Y/N), whoever these people are that you work for, they are lying to you! They kidnapped you, made you forget your true past and then told you that you served their cause. You never scorned your family, you never fought against them. Can't you see that you're on the wrong side?"

I slammed my fists against the glass, "don't you dare insult me with that slander. I serve the greater good while you fight for oppression. It is not I who am misguided, but you. So I would suggest ceasing your attempts to sway me to your side because it will not work."

"You can keep telling yourself that, (Y/N), but someday you'll realize that the people you've been killing have not progressed the world, you're merely pushing an agenda. An agenda that sounds like it's from a pretty evil organization even though you won't actually confess who you're working for."

-

(A/I): Yo why am I up at 12:30 when I have classes tomorrow? This fucking week has been so long, man. Anyway, I hope that you all enjoyed this little chapter and getting some quality time with Peter! Also I don't know why it's so short? I thought it was longer but apparently I was wrong?