Chapter 25 - Confession

"I am ready for my next target," I spoke, arriving back at the Hydra base after eliminating yet another threat.

I had not been instructed to go after the Avengers again after my failed attempt to kill Stark, even if I had put him in remission for quite a while, however I still had many run ins with them. Now I was sent mostly after politicians that posed threats to Hydra as well as members of Shield, helping Hydra retake their position in the world through assassinations.

However, the Avengers were clearly keeping tabs on me and showed up at many of my kill sites. I remained adamant about not taking on the Avengers all at once, the team was far too large for me to win against their united front, but I had landed a number of solid hits on them before I teleported away.

"Mark Garner, current favorite for Georgia senator. Without him, the opponent with Hydra sympathies will most likely take his seat," Carson replied, handing me a file. "You'll find him at his house. Murder the wife and kids along with him, that way you don't have to worry about getting him alone."

I nodded, taking the file and skimming it as I made my way back to my cell. There was nothing overly important inside as usual, I was not sure why they insisted on me knowing everything about my victim before killing them, but I did as I was told. After changing into my Hydra suit, I pulled my hair back into a side braid and then teleported to the candidate's house.

I scanned the house upon arrival and found everyone in the dining room. Someone was going to get an unexpected guest for dinner. A smile broke out across my face; this was going to be insanely effortless. I walked up to the front door and found it unlocked, allowing me easy access to the house.

"Darling, did you hear that?" I heard a voice from the dining room. "Were you expecting anyone?"

I entered the room, not even giving them the chance to scream before I landed a bullet in both parents' skulls. I then turned my aim to the children, ending their lives just as quickly. I holstered my weapon and teleported back, thankful for the elementary mission.

(Tony's POV):
"Sir, we have reports of (Y/N) killing a family in Georgia, would you like me to contact Dr. Strange so that he may help you get there before she escapes?" F.R.I.D.A.Y. inquired, speaking to me directly through the ear piece that I almost never took off in fear that I would miss a report such as this.

"No, I'm sure she will be long gone by the time we arrived. Besides, we're celebrating," I replied, smiling over at where Peter was taking a picture with May, his college diploma held proudly in his hand.

He had grown so much, not only since I had met him, but also since (Y/N) had gone missing. By the time that (Y/N) had resurfaced, he was making a steady effort to move on according to May, which led to the Avenger's decision not to tell him that she was still alive. We decided that it would be best for his mental health to wait until he graduated college so that we did not completely ruin his education.

"Hey Tony, what was all that about?" He asked as he came over to me after the moment was captured.

"I don't know what you mean," I replied, feigning ignorance. "Tell you what, how about we recreate that picture we took for the Stark internship, for old time's sake."

"I would love to, Tony. But I would also love to know what you are hiding from me. I can tell that something is off, all of you seem to be tiptoeing around me, like there is something important that you are trying not to bring up. Except Natasha, of course, she's used to keeping secrets. What's up, Tony?"

I sighed, "I was hoping to tell you tomorrow, you should be celebrating tonight."

"Whatever it is, I want to know now, otherwise I will have to spend the night worrying over it."

"Very well, Peter, but I warn you it's going to be quite shocking," I surrendered, leading him over to my car so we could talk without anyone eavesdropping. "F.R.I.D.A.Y., activate privacy mode."

The top of the convertible automatically closed around us, the windows darkening and a screen popped down between Peter and I. I then began to explain everything, "A few days after Christmas, we received an unexpected visit at the Avengers compound. It was (Y/N), we were all so relieved and brought her inside immediately, but then we quickly discovered that she had changed."

"She's alive?! Why didn't anyone tell me?! And what do you mean she changed? If you sound her in December, why has it taken so long for you to tell me? I asked to be notified immediately!"

"I am sorry, Pete, but we knew that you were finally trying to move on and wanted you to remain blissfully ignorant, at least until you graduated. When I say that (Y/N) has changed, I mean that she has joined whoever kidnapped her."

He shook his head, not believing what I was telling him, "no, (Y/N) would never."

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. play the footage from my lab when (Y/N) was there," I instructed, the feed showing up on the screen between us. "Whoever had her had her for three and a half years before this happened, it is not surprising that they finally found her breaking point."

Peter's eyes widened as he watched her plunge the dagger into me, his eyes glistening with tears. Unable to bear it anymore, he looked away and spoke, "has she tried to kill you again since then?"

"No, not me. She has however been quite busy killing others. They're mostly agents of the rebuilt Shield and other influential people: politicians, people of great wealth, family members of those people, etcetera. The Avengers have been trying to capture her, take her in and find out what happened to make her turn, but she always gets away."

"I want to help," Peter spoke with determination. "If there's any opportunity for me to help bring her back, I am taking it."

I gave him a small smile, "I expected nothing less. Come by the compound tomorrow and we'll give you the full briefing and next time we find (Y/N), you'll be there with the rest of us."

-

(A/N): Peter's now in the loop! I almost didn't post this because rehearsal ends late and I have an 8:30 class tomorrow but screw it you guys wanted more lol. Also I figured I'd update you on my life since a few of you wished me luck on my auditions. So I got into the choral ensemble (which low key means I'm in three choruses at the moment but it's fine) and then I didn't get called back for the musical (which I wasn't expecting to anyway) and then did for the play so we'll see what happens tomorrow!