Epilogue

Five Years Later:
May finished pinning up my hair and I stared at my reflection in the mirror, barely recognizing myself. Natasha and Wanda had done wonders to my face with their skills at makeup and May's hairstyle was absolutely beautiful. But one thing that was entirely accredited to me was the glow of joy that illuminated my face.

I stood, from the chair, allowing the white chiffon fabric of my dress to cascade onto the floor and turned to show the others the finish result. MJ was the first to speak, giving me a large smile, "you look absolutely gorgeous, (Y/N). I still can't believe that this is finally happening, we were beginning to wonder if Peter was ever going to pluck up the courage to propose."

"Well if he wasn't going to, I was about ready to do it myself. God, I still cannot believe that this is actually happening. I'm getting married," I breathed, looking down at the beautiful gown that I was celebrating my marriage in.

"And I still can't believe that my little girl is so grown up," Pepper smiled, wrapping her arm around my shoulders. "It feels like only yesterday when Tony called me up in a panic demanding that I call an adoption agency and buy diapers, food, and clothing for you."

A pang struck my heart when Pepper mentioned my father, the loss still terrible despite the time had passed. That was the only thing that would make this day perfect, if Tony could be there to mockingly threaten Peter and to walk me down the aisle. If I could not walk with Tony, I decided that I would walk alone as Pepper already had a place in the processional and it didn't feel right to choose who amongst the Avengers I would name as my second closest to a parent.

Thankfully I was dragged out of my painful thoughts by the announcement that it was time to line up. I began to tremble slightly, having to focus on taking deep breaths as an attempt to calm myself. MJ placed her hand on my arm, "you ok?"

"Yeah, just last minute nerves, that's all," I smiled in response, giving her a confident nod. Then my facade melted away as I began to panic, "oh my god, I'm marrying Peter! Can you believe this? Why am I so nervous? It's not like I'm afraid he's going to ditch me and I certainly feel ready to take this step in our relationship, but still I can't stand still!"

"It's called excitement, (Y/N). This is one of the happiest moments of your life, you are celebrating the beautiful love you share with Peter. And I wanted to thank you for allowing me to help you along this journey as your maid of honor, I really couldn't be happier that this moment is finally coming to pass," she replied, enveloping me in a hug. "Now, I've got to go line up with Ned and you have to stay hidden from your soon-to-be-husband. I'm so excited for you and make sure to enjoy yourself out there."

I could feel my heart racing as I waited to walk down the aisle, thankful when I was given the cue that I could finally line up once Peter had taken his place at the alter. He looked as nervous as I felt as he stood there, bouncing slightly on the balls of his feet. However as he saw me, his nerves melted into a look of awe, his eyes tearing up as I came into view.

My smile was radiant as I walked towards him and took his hand in mine. For the majority of the ceremony I found myself lost in Peter's beautiful brown eyes, barely hearing the words that Happy was speaking. Peter's hand shook as he placed the ring on my finger and I was afraid that he was going to drop it in the process, but I couldn't make fun of him for it because my hand was doing the same as I gave him his ring.

Happy then turned to Peter, tears glistening in his eyes as he married us, "Do you, Peter Parker, take this woman, (Y/N) Stark, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in heath, to love and to honor, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, as you both shall live?"

Peter nodded and replied, "I do."

"And do you, (Y/N) Stark, take this man, Peter Parker, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and health, to love and to honor, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, as you both shall live?" Happy then asked me.

I gave Peter's hand a little squeeze as I responded, "I do."

"Then by the powers invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Peter lifted my veil over my head and my heart began to race in anticipation. Even through all of the years that we dated, I still always felt butterflies in my stomach whenever Peter leaned down to kiss me. His lips met mine at last and I threw my arms around his neck. As we broke apart, I was the happiest I had ever been, finally married to the man I had loved for so many years. The man who had stood by my side at my worst and who I could trust with my life when we were out on the battlefield.

The following ceremony was beautiful and I was grateful for my supportive family who gathered to celebrate our marriage. We had even managed to get the word out to space and the Guardians of the Galaxy were taking the day off to attend the wedding. However seeing everyone gathered reminded me of the last time that this happened, at Tony's funeral.

Peter came up to me as I stood off to the side, thinking about Tony. He gently placed his hand on my arm and asked, "(Y/N), are you alright?"

I nodded, not turning to face him. After taking a shaky breath, I confessed, "I just wish that my father could be here now with the rest of us. I just miss him so much, especially having everyone gathered makes the gap that he left is so prevalent. He would have loved to have seen this moment, despite his hesitation towards the beginning of our relationship. It's just so unfair that he's the only one missing his daughter's wedding."

Peter turned me around and gave me a reassuring smile, "wherever Tony is now, (Y/N), I know that is not missing our wedding. He is here with us, watching proudly and, knowing him, probably crying over how beautiful and grown up you look."

I let out a small laugh that distracted from the tears that prickled in my eyes, "thanks, Peter. You've always been there for you when I needed it most and I don't deserve someone as kind and caring as you."

"How many times will I have to correct you before you admit that it is I that doesn't deserve you?" Peter asked, brushing a a strand of my hair back behind my ear. He then brought his lips down to mine, allowing a bit more passion than in our first kiss as a married couple as there was no crowd watching us this time.

-

(A/N): Here it is, the final chapter! It's a bit bittersweet, but I hope you enjoyed it! I wasn't sure about writing a sequel at first, but it soon grew into something I really enjoyed writing and I'm glad that I did it. However, this will be the last book in this series. Thank you all so much for supporting me throughout this story and leaving comments (I always get excited when I see a notification because I love hearing what you all have to say!)

Anyway, it's like 11:30 and my brain is no longer working so I don't know what else to say although there is definitely more I want to add. So I guess I'll just leave you with one last thank you for sticking with this story and I really hope that you have enjoyed it!