Chapter 16 - Love Triangles

"I'm here, what's wrong?" Peter asked as he swung through the window, removing his mask as he did so.

I looked up from my spot on the bed, a smile spreading across my face, "did you bring what I asked?"

"Yeah of course, tea and chocolate, what's up?" He replied as he tossed the bag over to me.

"What's up is that someone failed to put a baby in me this month," I said, opening the bag to check that he had gotten raspberry tea.

Peter blushed as he visibly grew nervous, "I-I'm sorry? Aren't we a little young to be parents? I mean, I'm going to MIT for the next four years and you're staying here to work at Stark Industries and be an Avenger. Not that I wouldn't want children, I-I just don't think that now would be the best time. And we-we haven't really talked about it, but don't you agree that the timing's not right?"

"Peter, relax, I wasn't implying that I want to have a child right at this moment. However, I am really wishing that I was not born as a woman at the moment. Thank you so much for picking these up, I'm don't think that I could actually move anything right now."

"Is there anything that I can do to help you feel better?"

"I don't think so, I've already had more painkillers than is probably healthy and I have my heating pad. But if you want to make me a cup of tea and then come cuddle, I certainly wouldn't say no."

He kissed my forehead before disappearing into my lab with the box of tea. When he returned he placed the cup he made next to me on my bedside table and then crawled into bed next to me, wrapping his arm around me.

"Is this helping you feel any better?"

I cuddled into his chest and replied, "definitely, apparently all I needed was you by my side. Do you wanna join me during the press thing tonight so you can cure me then too?"

"I almost forgot about that! You finally get announced as an official Avenger, huh? Are you excited?"

"Yeah, I didn't think that my dad was ever going to give in and let me officially join. But I'm sure he realized that I was going to participate in every fight whether I was an Avenger or not, so he might as well make it official. I'm not super excited to be put in front of the press again, but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. Also I get to go out there dressed as Shadow so I don't have to worry about getting dressed up which I am totally down for."

While the time passed before the conference began, Peter and I remained curled up on my bed and eventually began to watch some movies. Even after my cramps subsided, I remained by his side, relishing the feeling of being wrapped in his arms. I was going to miss days like this when he went off to college, but I knew that I could always go visit him if I didn't have work to do. It would be incredibly easy to do so with my teleportation abilities, but it still wouldn't be the same as the relationship we had now.

Our movie day was interrupted by a knock on the door before my father came in and said, "hey sweetie, I just want to make sure that your ready for the- what the hell is Parker doing in here?!"

"Hey dad, I invited Peter over to hang out. I promise nothing happened, we've just been hanging out and watching movies," I explained, dragging myself out of bed.

"Yeah, sure, you were just hanging out in your bedroom innocently," he responded, looking unconvinced. Then he sighed, "I suppose it doesn't matter, I'm sure you'd find somewhere else to do it and as long as you are being safe."

"As much as I appreciate your support, we really weren't doing anything besides cuddling and watching movies. Anyway, I'm ready to go." As I spoke, I activated my suit for the conference. I removed my hood and my mask so that the press could clearly see my face and then I leaned over the bed to give Peter a kiss. "Don't spoil the ending, ok? I'll be back soon."

He grinned at me, "no promises. Good luck out there!"

My dad and I left the room and headed down to the conference area, where the press was already waiting for us. We didn't enter the room until the scheduled time for the conference to begin, when Pepper joined us and we took the stage together.

Pepper began the introduction as Tony and I stood together on the side of the stage until Tony left to inform the press of our announcement. I remained silent as he announced that I would officially become one of the Avengers and gestured for me to take the microphone.

"Good afternoon everyone," I spoke as I approached the lectern. "You know, I have grown up with the Avengers since I was twelve years old. They've trained me, educated me, became my family. I always dreamed of joining the team and I cannot believe that today that dream is coming true. I never thought that my father would actually ever let me join as he obviously would do anything to keep me from danger, but when you have powers such as mine, you cannot sit back when the world is getting attacked. I vow to always be there suiting up with the rest of the Avengers and do whatever I can to protect the world and the innocent lives within it."

Tony allowed the press to ask questions, with a reporter immediately jumping up and asking, "(Y/N), can you explain your relationship with Spider-Man? Can we expect to see him joining the Avengers as well?"

"Oh, well I don't believe that Spider-Man has any immediate plans to try to join the Avengers, he prefers to fight for the little guy as opposed to large invasions. And he is actually planning on taking a small break from being a superhero soon so that he can focus on his own life. He has been a wonderful partner and I will miss fighting alongside him."

"Can you tell us who he is?" Another reporter asked.

"I am afraid that I couldn't, even if he didn't value his anonymity. I respect his decision to keep his identity hidden behind a mask, the same as he did with me. However, I wasn't going to press him for his name when he discovered mine."

"How does your boyfriend, Peter Parker, take to your incredibly close relationship with Spider-Man?"

"Peter knows that there is nothing going on between Spider-Man and myself. We are merely teammates much like the relationship between my father and Black Widow and there is clearly nothing romantic between the two of them, nor is there with us. Now are there any questions actually about me or my acceptance into the Avengers or are insistent on solely asking me about my love life and creating love triangles where there are none?" I demanded, glaring at the reporters.

-

(A/N): A little fluff for you all and as well as your acceptance into the Avengers before shit goes down! Hope you enjoyed!