Chapter 50 - Hydra Four

While we waited for the Avengers to arrive, I decided to take the time to hack into one of their computers, much to Peter's annoyance. He hovered over my shoulder as I worked, muttering things related to how we were going to get caught, I needed to stop risking my life for intel, and other things of the like.

"Oh relax, Pete, no one's going to notice us if they haven't already," I dismissed his concerns as I successfully made it into the system. "Alright, what do we have in here."

"Excuse me, this is not your station," a voice spoke from beside me and I could practically hear Peter internally groaning.

I quickly stood and began covering for us, "my apologies, but my computer is not working and I haven't been able to get anyone to fix it. There was no one at this station so I was hoping to be able to use this."

The agent's eyes narrowed, "can I have your names? I do think that this has to be reported to our superiors."

"I don't think that's really necessary, is it? Listen, I am working on something super secret and important and I'm supposed to have it done for the boss by the end of the day, I need to commandeer your computer," I replied, praying that I would find a way to keep her distracted, at least until the Avengers arrive.

"I am one of the highest ranking officers left in Hydra, do you really think that you would be assigned a project that I would not have a high enough clearance to know about?"

Suddenly alarms began sounding and a voice was projected over speakers throughout the warehouse, "attention. The guard was just found unconscious outside of this warehouse, stripped of his uniform with another agent. We may have infiltrators in our midst. We will began evacuating everyone agent by agent, please have your identification ready and if you have any information as to the whereabouts of these hostiles, please alert us immediately."

The agent drew her weapon and spoke into her comms, "this is Agent Whitmore, I believe I have found the two intru-"

Before she could finish, I landed a roundhouse kick on her, sending her weapon flying. This, of course, brought attention to us, which was the last thing that we needed. Agents began to fire upon us and I created a shield to protect Peter and myself from bullets. While focusing on keeping Peter covered, I flipped a desk over so that we could hide behind it and get back into our suits.

I tossed my Hydra helmet aside and activated my suit while Peter did the same. Before rejoining the fight, I admitted, "ok so that was a bad call and I take full responsibility for causing this chaos."

"Yeah, no kidding," he replied, exasperated. "C'mon, let's go clean up this mess you've made."

Before we had a chance to run out from behind the table, Hammer sent it flying across the room, leaving Peter and I exposed. Hammer sent a blast from his hammer at us and I flipped out of the way as I muttered to Peter, "I guess that's our cue to get off of our asses."

We were immediately rushed by the Hydra Four, forcing us to do all that we could to hold them off until the Avengers arrived. They didn't take too long, Tony immediately flying to my aid to make sure that I was alright. "You know, when you told us that you had found them, I was not expecting you to start fighting them all single handedly while holding off all remaining agents of Hydra."

"Well you know me, dad, I always love a good challenge," I replied, trying to throw Tactical Force back with my magic.

"I'll take him, perhaps our similar powers will help me beat him," Tony informed me as he accelerated right into Tactical Force's chest, sending him flying back.