Chapter 19 - Useless

(Peter's POV):
I quickly swung over to the jewelry store getting robbed so that I could help (Y/N) deescalate the situation. However, before I arrived, I noticed a number of people dressed in combat attire with large weapons rushing over to the store as well. Realization that we had been set up washed over me and I dove into a fight against them so that (Y/N) would not be overwhelmed by the number of soldiers headed her way.

However, even with the Iron Spider suit, which was ridiculously intuitive, I was no match against these highly trained soldiers. I eventually fell and was dragged the rest of the way to the store with a gun against my head. (Y/N) was inside, using her magic to destroy some sort of canon-like weapon and then turned her attention back on the robbers, not having the chance to notice the gathering mass of soldiers surrounding her outside of the building.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," one of the men spoke, making me wonder if he was the one in charge.

(Y/N) turned to face us, her body tensing slightly as she registered how many opponents she now had to face. Her gaze landed on me and I could tell immediately that she was panicking, despite her face being shrouded by her mask and hood.

I wanted to tell her that I was sorry that I had not been able to fend them off, that she should just let them kill me and save herself, but I knew that it would be pointless. I knew that she was trying to come up with an escape plan, but based on her lack of action, it wasn't going very well.

"There is no way out of this, Shadow," the leader continued, now approaching (Y/N). "These weapons, they're not your typical guns, now that we know that bullets don't penetrate your suit. Unless you can say with certainty that your suit as well as Spider-Man's can handle alien technology, I would surrender now."

(Y/N) didn't back down, instead demanding, "who are you?"

"You will find out soon enough," the man replied as one of the soldiers that had pretended to be a robber proceeded to stick a syringe into her neck, slipping it between her facial mask and her skin.

"(Y/N)!" I cried out, trying to wrestle my way out of the grasp of the two soldiers holding me. It was useless, however, and I watched helplessly as she fell to the ground.

The leader turned to one of his soldiers, "remove anything of hers that may have a tracker on it. I don't want to make it easy for anyone to find her. As for you, Spider-Man, your work here is done. I won't kill you because I am nice like that, however I've made a deal with the Scorpion and I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that I've got you locked up for him."

The soldiers holding me back brought me inside the shop and shoved me into a large safe located in the back room. I tried to catch the door while they were closing it but, despite my fast reflexes, I wasn't able to turn around and catch the door in time. I banged on the door in frustration, as though I thought that it would break or else convince my captors to release me.

Knowing that breaking out would take a while, I knew I had to take a different route. "Karen, please call Mr. Stark."

"Of course, Peter. Calling Mr. Stark," she replied as I slumped against the back of the safe.

"Hey kid, what's up? (Y/N)'s lunch break is ending soon, so you better be bringing her back," he answered, but I quickly started speaking over him.

"Tony, you have to listen to me. (Y/N) was taken at Allure Jewelers, about two blocks down from the Stark Industries headquarters. I've been locked in some sort of safe so you have to get out here and follow the guys that took her," I quickly explained.

"I will deal with you later, Parker. But I'm on my way and I'm going to send someone to break you out."

"Thank you, Tony," I replied as he hung up, feeling his disappointment deep within me. I had failed his daughter. I had let her go off to battle and then let her be kidnapped and now I had to live with that failure. I could only hope that I had acted quickly enough and Tony would be able to catch up with her captors and get her back.

It wasn't long before the door of the safe was blown open and I stepped out to find that Wanda had used magic to let me out. I ran out of the confined area and raced, "thank you Wanda. Has Tony found her yet? Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Don't worry, Pete, he has all of the Avengers looking for her. I'm sure that we'll find her," she assured me with a kind smile before reporting to Tony. "Tony, I've got Peter, any updates on (Y/N)?"

"Karen, can you connect me to their comms?" I requested of my AI, wanting to hear the updates myself.

I heard Tony's response through my suit, "the trucks separated and she was in none of the ones that we were able to track down. Steve, did you find anything at the location of her tracker?"

"No, they left her suit, phone, ring, and bracelet in a box on the side of the road, they must have suspected that she had something with her that we would be able to track," Steve replied, making my heart sink.

"Damn it, ok so we have to stick with the trucks," Tony replied, his voice betraying that he had just lost hope of finding (Y/N). "We have the occupants of every vehicle we've pulled over so far, Natasha would you like to start the interrogations? Perhaps they can tell us where they're taking (Y/N)."

"On it, Tony," Natasha responded and I knew that I needed to step in.

"Hey, Mr. Stark, Wanda just freed me, is there anything that I can do to help?" I asked, knowing that I could not continue idly standing by when the woman I loved had been kidnapped.

"Sorry, kid, but I can't think of anything else you can do. I suppose your can patrol the streets for any sign of her, but we have F.R.I.D.A.Y. searching for any sort of truck similar to the one she was taken in as well as running facial recognition on the off chance that they will slip up and her face will be caught by a camera."

(Your POV):
"Where am I? Who are you?" I demanded, fighting desperately against the binds holding me down.

"What, you do not recognize us? Who else could possibly be able to risk so much to get their hands on a weapon such as you? We've been following you for quite a while, trying to assess your powers," the man who I awoke to find standing by my bedside spoke, radiating bad guy vibes. "We even sent one of our proudest accomplishments in four years toe to toe with you and there was nothing left of him but minuscule scraps and shards of the blades that once stuck out of skin."

"Ok, you're going to have to slow it down, buddy. I still have no idea what you're talking about or who you are."

"Isn't it obvious? Welcome to Hydra's most secure base."

"Hydra? I thought you were taken care of after Shield fell and Fury went off to track down the survivors."

"This is Hydra, darling, you cut off one head-"

"Yeah, I know. Two more take its place, blah, blah, blah. What do you want from me? To lure the Avengers into a fight?"

He gave me a smile that send chills down my spine, "no, my dear, you're here to become our greatest weapon to date, even more powerful than the Winter Soldier."

-

(A/N): I almost didn't post today as orientation has been exhausting and extremely busy, but I managed to find some time right now (although I can't say that this is really proofread rip)