Chapter 27 - Crayons, Seriously?

I teleported to Washington D.C., where I would be meeting my next target. This was the first time Hydra had asked me to assassinate someone who currently held a position of power, which made things a bit trickier. However, whatever security the Secretary of State had would be inconsequential to my powers.

"His car is pulling around the corner, he's in the one in the middle," I heard Hauer's voice speak over the comms.

"Copy that," I replied, stepping out into the road just as a police car came into view.

The cruiser slammed on its breaks to prevent hitting me and I easily used magic to shove the car over to the side, causing it to flip into the other lane. There was yelling for the other members of security to get in attack position and for the secretary to hide, but none of it concerned me. I threw a grenade at the first car in the line and continued on to the second as the explosion rang out.

The secretary's private security as well as the police officers from the cruiser at the end of the line up began firing at me, but I created a force field around myself that the bullets could not penetrate. I then drew my own weapon and easily shot each one down, sending the bullets through their skulls. Creating an rpg with my magic, I aimed it at the window of the second car and fired, causing it to shatter.

Inside the car, the secretary was hunched down on the floor, looking terrified for his life. I throw the rpg down on the ground, where it dissolved into black mist before impact, and unholstered one of my firearms. I shot the secretary at point blank range, making sure that it was seen by the camera in my eye. To cover any lose ends, I then blew up the remaining cars as well as the cruiser I had overturned earlier.

"You're providing quite a light show, (Y/N)," I heard the voice of my father speak as he descended from the sky. I gave no response as I threw a ball of energy hurling into his stomach, causing him to flip over and lose more altitude than he had planned. Once regaining his balance he spoke, "now is that any way to greet your father?"

"You should have died when I stabbed you, it would have saved so many people from your insufferable personality," I growled, throwing grenade that latched onto his armor.

The blast failed to break through the metal, but I had the other Avengers to worry about, who had created a perimeter around me. War Machine aimed his blasts me while Spider-Man webbed my feet together causing me to lose my battle and fall to the ground. War Machine spoke up, "(Y/N), surrender now and we won't have to hurt you."

"You couldn't if you tried," I hissed, trying to teleport back to base. However my surroundings remained unchanged, a force keeping me grounded. I looked down to find green magic surrounding me, discovering that Loki must have joined their efforts to bring me in. He must have known some sort of spell that prohibit my teleportation and for the first time in as long as I could remember, I felt frightened. I quickly used my dagger to cut through the webs around my feet. But as I did so, I received a hit to my head, knocking me unconscious.

When I finally came to, I found myself staring up at a white ceiling. My head was killing me, but I was unsure whether it was because of the blow I had received in battle or a warning from Hydra that they still had complete control over my life. The pain overwhelmed my senses, making it incredibly difficult to concentrate. However, I knew that if I wanted to survive, I needed to find the will to swallow that pain and focus on my current situation. I sat up on the bed I had been placed on, discovering that I was in a containment unit with one solid white wall and three walls of glass surrounding me.

Through the glass I could tell that I had not made it back to the Hydra facility, but had instead been captured by the Avengers. My tongue immediately went up to where the cyanide capsule was stored, ready to dislodge it and end my life so that the Avengers could not extract any information from me.

"You looking for this?" Captain America asked as he approached the cell. "You know, the last time I encountered someone who had cyanide capsules in case of capture, they were members of Hydra. You wouldn't happen to be working for them, would you?"

"How can I? Hasn't Shield eradicated that organization?" I retorted, beginning to pace back and forth in my cell, scanning to find a weak point to exploit to make an escape.

"That's what I thought back in the forties and I was clearly wrong then, I wouldn't be surprised if they're still around now. Who do you work for, if not Hydra?"

I rolled my eyes, "you can just send Natasha in to interrogate me, you aren't very good at it."

"I'm not interrogating you, I'm only trying to understand what made you turn against your family and start assassinating people."

"Those people didn't deserve to live."

"Like the Secretary of State? The man you just killed a few hours ago?"

"A few hours? How long have I been out?" I demanded, realizing that Hydra was probably debating keeping me alive or not after having me gone for so long.

"Almost two hours, why?"

"Since I am Tony Stark's daughter, may I request some paper and writing utensils?"

He cocked his head, "and why would I do that?"

"Because I had a great idea and I do not want to lose it," I lied easily, desperate to get my hands on something that I could use to communicate to base.

He sighed, "well I can't see the harm in that request. But if I do this, then you have to start giving me answers."

"Very well," I made the deal, although I knew that I was never going to divulge anything important.

I knew I should ask Hydra to end my life, that it was what any dedicated soldier would do. But I knew that there was a way out of this mess. I would find a way to break through the magic-restraining cuffs they had placed on my wrists and teleport back to base. Perhaps I could pretend that I was turning back over to their side, win their trust and gain my freedom.

Steve wasn't gone long before he came back with a few papers and a box of crayons. He inserted them into the box that allowed things to be brought in and taken out of the cell. I held up the crayons and raised my eyebrow, "crayons, seriously?"

"Not as dangerous as pencils," he replied simply.

I rolled my eyes and brought the paper to my bed, where I wrote: Don't assassinate. I have a plan. After resting my gaze on the paper for a while, I then huffed, as though in frustration and crossed out what I had written. For good measure, I then ripped the paper to shreds, that way there was no chance that the Avengers would discover that I was communicating with Hydra. I immediately felt some of the pain in my head ease up, Hydra trusting me to escape.

"So, do you work for Hydra?" Steve asked, trying to make sure that I held up my end of the bargain.

"No, not Hydra," I lied, not breaking eye contact with him.

"Then who?"

"Does the name Mac Gargan ring any bells?"

"Do you honestly expect me to believe that you work for the man who tried to kill you? Besides, his goons would not attack world governments and millionaires, that's not his style."

I shrugged, "I told you I'd answer your questions, I never told you that you would believe my answers."

-

(A/N): Oops, you've been captured! I hope that you all enjoy this chapter!