Chapter 3 - Tony Stark's Daughter

After sparring, I was able to fit in a bit of homework time before getting called down for dinner. As it was the Guardians' last night on earth before returning to space, we had a small celebration (which was essentially the Stark equivalent to what normal people would think of as a huge party).

I left the festivities early so that I could meet with Peter, really needing our time out fighting crime to make it feel as though things were normal again. I knew that it was my choice to reveal my identity and it did make me feel better to know that I didn't have to lie anymore, but it was all just too much at once. I wish there had been a way to slowly ease myself into this mess as opposed to just diving into it.

Peter was perched in my window when I arrived, bringing a large smile to my face. "Hey, Pete. It is honestly wonderful to see you, I have been looking forward to patrol all day."

"I can imagine you need a well-deserved break from people obsessing over you all day," he replied, removing his mask so that he could kiss me.

"I truly am sorry about all that. I feel terrible for ignoring you, Ned, and MJ, but I'm finding it extremely difficult to say no to a picture or an autograph, but the problem is that there are so many people and I realize that I have ended up having no time to chat with you guys. It makes me feel like an awful friend and I kind of wish that I didn't reveal my identity this weekend."

"Hey, don't worry about it, baby," he assured me, cupping my cheek in his hand. "We totally understand that everyone loves you now and, even though you are getting overwhelmed with attention, we're still your friends. It is honestly so great to see you getting the recognition you deserve. I simply wish it were because of the extraordinary woman that you are as opposed to your just last name."

"Thanks, Pete, that means a lot to me. I was afraid that you may have taken it like Ron Weasley and I could never forgive myself if we had such a breakup as Harry and Ron."

"I assure you that that will never happen, at least not stemming from jealousy. I'll probably end up doing something stupid in the future that will lead you to dump me, but I certainly will never choose to let you go. Besides, I have had my fair share of admirers at the school. You should have seen how popular I became after saving the academic decathlon team from dying in the Washington Monument. Of course, no one knew it was actually me, but everyone loved Spider-Man."

I chuckled lightly, wrapping my arms around his waist, "I guess that means that all you need are special powers to be the most popular kids in school."

"Speaking of powers, we should probably get out patrolling. If I stay here much longer, I might decide that I would rather stay in for the night and I really don't think your father would approve of that. I know he didn't actually kill me when he found out that we have had sex, but I really do not want to take any chances."

"He loves you, Pete, I think you're safe from him," I assured him, activating my suit and climbing out of window myself.

Peter wrapped his arm around my waist and began to swing me across the compound grounds. However it was quite a long distance to get to Queens, so he eventually put me down on a rooftop and I teleported us the rest of the way. Once in Queens, we began our normal walk around the neighborhood on the rooftops, keeping an eye out for any unusual activity.

It didn't take long for us to come across someone screaming, causing us to peer over the side of the building and discover a robbery taking place. Peter swung down as I teleported and I summoned the knife that the offender was holding to my own hand while Peter webbed him up.

"Oh my god, it actually worked!" The victim cried out with excitement, her frightened disposition quickly melting away.

"Isn't that wonderful, you're not the one covered in spiderwebs as a result of it," the offender complained, making me rather confused by their interaction.

"(Y/N) Stark, um, Shadow, do you think that we could get a picture?" The victim asked, pulling out her phone and running up to me. "Also you can de-web him, that's just my boyfriend. We saw you up on the roof and he told me that he would pretend to rob me so that you would come down and save me."

"Seriously?" I asked in disgust, wondering why anyone would ever do such a thing. "You do realize that there may be people out there who actually need help, right? Come on, Spider-Man, let's get out of here."

"Wait, can I at least get you to pose for a picture?" The woman asked as I teleported away.

Once Peter and I were out of earshot, I turned to him, "can you believe that? They would stage a crime just so they could get a picture with me, it's insane! You did leave him webbed up, right?"

Peter nodded, "it should dissolve in a couple of hours."

"Good, hopefully he'll give her hell for that later on and they'll learn not to pretend to be in need of help if they aren't actually in any sort of danger."

"Look, it's Tony Stark's daughter!" A voice called out from the ground, causing me to groan.

Before I could come up with some witty remark, Peter was already peering over the side of the roof, "this is not Tony Stark's daughter. How dare you try to reduce her to nothing more than a familial connection? She's her own incredible person and deserves to be recognized as such."

With that he returned to my side, ignoring the incoherent protests by those whose pride had been hurt. I smiled beneath my mask, "Thanks, Spider-boy, but I really could have handled that myself, I was just trying to think of the best way to phrase my words so I wouldn't end up a headline in the news tomorrow morning."

"It is my job to protect the neighborhood and that includes woman from degradation, so it was my honor, ma'am."

"Ma'am? You think I'm old enough to be a ma'am. God, Spidey, you're going to pay for that later," I teased, punching his arm lightly.

-

(A/N): Just a little bit of caring Peter to brighten up your day! And a reminder of how much your life has changed with fame!