Chapter 7 - The Party

"Hey dad, we're gonna head out!" I called out to him as we passed his lab.

"Ok sweetie, but make sure that you are back by midnight, or I'm sending Happy out after you," he replied with a smile, making me roll my eyes.

I had told him that we were going over to Ned's apartment for a bit, as he had the original version of Return of the Jedi so our Star Wars marathon was going to be better over there. He hadn't suspected a thing and gave his permission for me to go, which in turn meant that I didn't have to sneak out of the house to attend the party.

Connor lived in the suburbs, so I chose to drive us all there as teleporting took awhile to get accustomed to and I didn't want it to be Ned and MJ's first time. When we arrived, the party was already in full swing encouraging the four of us to get out of the car.

As soon as I walked in, I could feel the bass in the floorboards and my ears were overwhelmed by the wall of sound. There were not as many people as I thought there would be, the way parties were portrayed in movies. There were probably only about two dozen kids besides us. Most of the people were congregating in the kitchen and living room, where furniture was cleared so that people could have room dance. The dancing was horrendous to say the least, making me cringe and wonder why anyone would want to humiliate themselves in that way.

Our group made our way to the kitchen first, where the counters were lined with pizza and beer in your typical red solo cups. This was my first high school party and I decided I was going to enjoy it as I grabbed a cup and a slice of pizza. Peter grabbed a piece of pizza as well and slipped his arm around my waist, his eyes darting about the house as though he was waiting for something terrible to happen.

I slowly began letting my inhibitions go, allowing myself to have more fun. It wasn't as though I was drunk, at least not yet, I just wanted to make the most out of this party. I avoided the weed and other drugs going around, but participated in the dancing and beer pong, finding out that I was a champion at both.

Peter stayed close to me throughout the night and Ned stayed close to him, so I felt as though I were constantly being followed around by babysitters. It wouldn't have been as bad if Peter was more willing to have fun, but he refused to drink anything and he was distracted as we danced. When my chance to slip away arose, I eagerly took it and found myself in the basement, where a select few boys were doing shots.

"Hey look, the great (Y/N) Stark has decided to join us!" One of the boys announced, I believe that his name was Colin. "You might want to run back upstairs, sweetie, this is some pretty intense alcohol."

I rolled my eyes as I approached the table, "what, you think I can't handle my liquor?" I held my hand out to the person next to me who warily passed me a drink and, without breaking eye contact with Colin, I downed the drink in a gulp and slammed the shot glass back down on the table. "Keep then coming, would you, sweetie?"

I was the last one standing by the end, none of the boys being any match for me. The affects of all of the alcohol were finally beginning to kick in and I had to admit that I enjoyed it. I had never felt so alive and free and I never wanted the feeling to end. Noticing that we had finished the two bottles, I gave them a smile, "sorry boys, it's been fun, but it's time for me to return upstairs."

"Why so soon? There's still so much fun that we can have down here," Connor asked, taking my waist and slipping his hands beneath my shirt.

I stomped on his foot and twisted his arm behind his back, "I'm not quite drunk enough yet to give in to that, try me again in about an hour."

With that I climbed the stairs back up to the main party, immediately finding more beer to get into my system. After downing three more cups, I found Peter and made my way over to him. I placed my arm around him, "hey there, Pete, you wanna come with me? I think there might be a couple of available rooms upstairs."

"(Y/N), where have you been? I have been looking all over for you! Do you know how worried I've been?"

"What, are you gonna punish me for it?" I slurred, pulling his body closer to mine.

"(Y/N), how much have you had to drink?" He asked, keeping me steady as I swayed a bit on my feet.

I shrugged, "maybe like ten cups? Plus the shots. Nothing I can't handle."

His eyes widened, "how the hell are you still upright? (Y/N), come on, I need to get you out of here."

"Aw, but Pete, I'm having so much fun," I complained, swatting at him as I tried to free myself from his grasp.

"You really want to have sex in a random classmate's house? May's working tonight, which means we'll have my apartment to ourselves, how does that sound?" He asked as he began escorting me out of the party.

"Ooh, look who's finally giving in," I smiled, placing a sloppy kiss on his cheek as we left the house.

He got into my dad's car after putting me in the passenger seat and buckling me in. As we drove to his apartment, he had the car text Ned and MJ what had happened and promised that he would be back later to pick them up. Bored with the car ride, I turned up the radio and began to sing along to the songs, thinking that my voice actually sounded good in my drunken state.

When we arrived at the apartment building, Peter helped me up to his apartment, placing me down on the couch once we got in. May rushed over and demanded, "Peter, what the hell is this? What happened?"

"(Y/N) wanted to go to a party and I tried to keep an eye on her, but she got away and now she's really drunk and I needed to get her somewhere safe, but I can't bring her back home because then Mr. Stark will kill me, can she please stay here tonight? I have to go pick up MJ and Ned, can you watch her until I get back?" Peter asked, seeming incredibly worried.

"Hey, you lied," I pouted, ignoring everything that he had just said. "I thought she wasn't gonna be here?"

May sighed, "yes, of course I'll take care of her. You haven't been drinking, have you? I can go get your friends if you have, I don't want you drinking and driving."

"Don't worry May, I am completely sober. I didn't want to drink anything and then not be able to take care of (Y/N). I'll be back soon, I promise."

"Hey, you don't get to leave, Peter," I argued, standing up from the couch and then immediately losing my balance and falling back on top of it. "Bring me back to the party, I don't want to be here anymore."

He gave me an apologetic look before darting out of the door. May came over to talk to me, but I didn't catch a single word before everything went dark.

-

(A/N): Just a fun night out with no consequences, right? I thought of something to add into this story but I'm not entirely sure that it will work out but hopefully it will!