Chapter 33 - Hydra Raid

"Are you sure that you're up to this?" Tony asked me as I entered the quinjet and strapped myself into one of the seats in the hull of the plane.

"Of course, Hydra had me for three and a half years, torturing me and turning me into their assassin. I'm more than ready to take them down," I replied with confidence so that Tony would not have an excuse to take me off of this mission.

I could no longer sleep at night with the knowledge of what I had done for Hydra. Each night I would be plagued with the faces of the people I killed and remember various beatings I had received if I failed them or stepped out of line. I was hoping that by taking down each of their bases that I had knowledge of, my conscience would be lightened and I would be able to sleep again. At the same time I knew that we would not be able to eradicate them entirely, however beating them back down would be enough for me. We would just need to stay vigilant and beat them back down when they resurfaced again.

"As long as you're sure," he replied, handing me my necklace which contained my suit.

I gratefully took it from him and activated my suit, relishing in the feeling of being in it again. The suit that Hydra had given me was completely useless compared to the one I had designed and I felt much more confident in mine. Not to mention I wasted less energy because my suit amplified whatever magic I was trying to perform so I didn't need to work as hard.

"You enjoying being back in your old suit?" Peter asked as he took a seat next to me and intertwined our fingers. He was suited up as well, but didn't have his mask on which allowed me to see his handsome face.

"I didn't even realize how much I missed it," I smiled in response, leaning against him as the last few Avengers boarded the quinjet and we took off.

I had made a list of where all of the Hydra bases were that I knew about and Tony had sent bots to do reconnaissance at each of the locations. They seemed to be relocating most of them since I was captured and they no longer had a live feed, but there were still two that they had either not had to chance to move or were not planning on relocating at all.

"We're coming over the base in a minute, everyone should get ready to jump," Natasha spoke from the cockpit, allowing F.R.I.D.A.Y. to take over the controls and grabbing a parachute for herself.

When we were finally given the ok, I teleported down to the grounds and waited for Peter before entering our section of the base. The door was locked, but I easily broke it open with my magic, allowing us easy access inside. Alarms were already blaring and we were met with many armed soldiers, but because so many parts of the base had been breached at once, there wasn't an overwhelming number.

"Section 2 is clear," Steve spoke over the comms, making me a little annoyed.

"How the hell did he do that so quickly?" I groaned as Peter and I continued battling the soldiers that had come after us.

Peter sent a web flying at one woman and replied, "he probably just threw his shield and had it bounce of off the walls, knocking everyone down and leaving us to do all of the hard work."

Steve came over to help us out and escort some of the soldiers that we had captured back to the quinjet for questioning. Meanwhile, Peter and I snuck further into the base, until reaching one of the main offices. I sat down at the computer, plugging my bracelet into the USB port and asked Peter, "keep an eye on that door, would you?"

"Of course. What're you doing?"

"Just trying to download everything I can about Hydra's whereabouts and plans. They are clearly working on transferring this base as well and hopefully this will tell us where they are moving too," I responded, my eyes not leaving the screen as I broke through firewalls to get access to their files.

"(Y/N) and Peter, what's your status?" Tony asked over the comms as the downloading bar reached about seventy percent.

"Just gathering some intel." I willed the computer to go faster, despite knowing that I just had to give it some time.

"You might want to hurry up with that," Natasha warned in response. "This place is set to blow in a minute."

"Shit, ok thanks for the heads up, we're almost done in here." As I watched the bar inch closer and closer to one hundred percent complete, I turned to Peter, "you should get yourself out of here so you don't get caught in the blast."

"If you think I'm going to be leaving without you-"

"Peter, please. This is almost done, I teleport out. Just trust me."

"You can teleport us both out then because I am staying with you," he argued, causing me to groan.

"Parker, you are going to be the death of me. Come closer so that I can get us out of here the second that it finishes," I instructed, knowing that we were wasting time fighting and at this point I was unsure if Peter would be able to clear the building before it exploded.

He did as requested taking my hand in his as Tony spoke in a worried tone, "(Y/N), please tell me that you're getting out of there you don't have much time left."

"Dad, I've got it handled, don't worry." I made my voice sound confident, but I was starting to worry. My fingers hovered over my bracelet, ready to yank it from the computer the millisecond that the download was complete and my leg began to bounce nervously. I muttered under my breath, "come on, you can do this."

I breathed a sigh of relief as the downloaded finally completed and I ripped my bracelet free as the explosion was triggered. Closing my eyes and frantically picturing the rendez-vous point where the quinjet was waiting to pick us up, I latched on to Peter, using my body to protect him from the force of the blast. I let out a breath when I felt us tumble onto solid ground and looked at Peter, "that was cutting it a bit close."

"Yeah, tell me about it," he replied, shaken from our near death experience.

"(Y/N), don't you ever do something like that again, do you understand?!" Tony immediately began scolding me once he saw that I was safe. "You could have killed yourself and Peter, as he foolishly decided to stay with you!"

"But I got the intel," I argued proudly, dangling me bracelet in front of his face. "And neither of us died."

-

(A/N): The attacks on Hydra have begun! I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter and being as reckless as Tony usually is! (Like father like daughter, am I right?)