Chapter 17 - The Wedding

A Month and a Half Later:

"Are you ready, mom?" I asked Pepper as I helped her secure the veil to her hair.

"You know, I'm not technically your mother until later," she replied with a smile, removing the shrapnel necklace that Tony had given her years ago from a small chest and securing it around her neck.

"You know that you've been my mother for years, Pepper. Tony entrusted you to know about me essentially from when he first found me, always turning to you to babysit if he needed it. We were there together when we thought Tony was going to die in that wormhole, we were there together when we Tony became incredibly reckless because he knew he was dying but refused to inform us of that fact. You've always been there for me and were the first mother figure that I had ever known. You are my mother, Pepper, you don't need to marry Tony for it to be official."

She stood and gave me a hug, tears filling her eyes, "thank you, (Y/N). You have been an incredible daughter, I am so happy to hear that you think of me as your mother."

"Pepper, are you ready to go? Everyone's getting lined up," Emily, Pepper's friend who was her maid of honor interrupted us, a large smile spread across her face.

The seven bridesmaids were wearing the same dark blue a-line gown with an overlay of translucent blue georgette embroidered with flowers. Our hair was pinned up in various styles, with a few strands hanging down to frame our faces. As it was a Stark wedding, we were all adorned in diamonds, complimentary of my father.

We left the room that the three bridesmaids and Pepper were getting ready in and met up with our groomsmen, with Pepper remaining hidden until Tony had walked down the aisle. I took Peter's extended arm and kissed his cheek, thankful that Tony and Pepper had paired me with him for the processional. Nat was paired with Steve and Rhodey took the place as Tony's best man.

The ceremony was not large, Tony and Pepper limiting the attendance to a few members of Stark Industries, the Avengers, some Wakandans, a select few of the Asgardians, and the kid that had helped Tony out when Killian was after him. It took place at one of my father's homes: a cabin set on a gorgeous lake. It was the same home that he had shipped me off to when I was thirteen and he had invited a terrorist to our house in Malibu. If I were to be completely honest, I wasn't even sure that he still owned this location.

Peter led me down the aisle, both of our faces beaming as we saw Tony awaiting his bride, finally marrying the woman that he had loved for years. We parted ways when we arrived at the alter, each taking our position on either side. Emily was behind us, followed by Lila, their flower girl, and Dum-E, who was in the place of ring bearer.

Happy led the ceremony as the officiant and Tony led the ceremony in the most tears shed. I swear, I almost thought that he wasn't going to make it through his vows with the way he was practically sobbing. Happy probably came in second, having to take moments to pause and collect himself throughout the ceremony.

The post-wedding reception was held in the large front yard, underneath a large tent that had been set up. It was a beautiful event to celebrate a beautiful marriage. After eating, the dancing began and I watched as my father and mother took to the dance floor for their first dance as a couple.

As the song came to a close, Peter was by my side, "do you want to- you know, maybe we could dance?"

I flashed him a smile at how adorable he was, "I would love to dance."

Placing my hand in Peter's, I let him lead me out to the dance floor and then wrapped my arms around his neck. As we danced, I placed my lips against his, "have I told you recently how much I love you?"

He smiled at me, having to look up at me due to the added increase of my height by my heels. "You never need to tell me how much you love me, I see it everyday in your eyes and it reminds me that I am the luckiest person in the universe."

"I don't understand how you could think something like that when I the one with the most generous and sweetest person alive as my boyfriend. Not to mention your looks and how nerdy you can be."

"I wasn't aware that was a trait that women looked for."

I shrugged, "perhaps not all women. But every time you go off about something that you are obsessed with, I can't help but fall a little more in love with you."

We remained together for the rest of the night, sharing little kisses and fleeting touches as we continued to celebrate Tony and Pepper's marriage. However, as the celebration began to die down, I whispered into Peter's ear, "I'll meet you in the backyard in ten minutes."

Leaving him confused, I went up to the newly wedded couple. I gave both Tony and Pepper hugs as I smiled, "congratulations on the wedding, it sure took you long enough to make it official."

"In my defense, I had a kid to raise," Tony defended, raising his hands in mock surrender.

I rolled my eyes, "yeah, sure tell yourself that was why you waited so long. It definitely had nothing to do with you being Iron Man. Anyway, I am truly happy that you have finally married the only woman who can at least somewhat keep you under control."

"Oh trust me, I cannot keep him under any sort of control," Pepper replied with a smile, placing a kiss on Tony's cheek. "I take it that you're calling it a night?"

"Yeah, it's been quite an exhausting day. Have a nice night."

"I'm sure it has been exhausting, I don't think you and Peter sat down all night. I must admit that I was somewhat disappointed when you weren't the one who caught my bouquet," Pepper teased, giving me a wink.

"Hey, don't you dare insinuate that my daughter is going to get married so young!l" Tony cried out, although I could tell that he, too, merely wanted to tease me.

I rolled my eyes, "I'll see you two tomorrow before you head out on your honeymoon. And don't worry, dad, I don't think Peter will be proposing anytime soon, so you can rest at ease."

Once in the backyard, I only had to wait a few minutes before Peter joined me, slipping his hand into mine. "So, (Y/N), what did you have planned for tonight?"

"How would you like to get out of here?" I proposed, moving in closer to him.

"I've got to admit, that I've done that teleporting thing and I can't say I'm too crazy about it. But for you, I would love to," he replied, bringing his lips to mine.

I deepened the kiss and let it distract him as I brought us to my bedroom at the compound. I broke away for a moment and asked, "see that wasn't too bad, was it?"

"Mm and I think it will be well worth it," he murmured in response, unzipping the back of my dress.

-

(A/N): Here's another chapter since I don't know if I will be able to post tomorrow because I'm moving into college and will be doing a lot of stuff for orientation! I'm still not overly excited with the college I'm attending (don't get me wrong, it's a great school but I couldn't afford my dream school which I absolutely fell in love with so this is just my second choice). But hopefully I will be able to stay pretty on schedule with updates and maybe even starting to update a chapter a day since my Loki fic is winding down quickly!