Chapter 2 - Flying at Night

Penny had changed out of her dress and into something more comfortable after she dropped Mal and Evie off at their room

Penny had changed out of her dress and into something more comfortable after she dropped Mal and Evie off at their room. She was a bit wary about them, but reminded herself that they're not their parents and that they deserve a chance to live normal lives. Or whatever "normal" is like. Penny sighed as she looked around her room. She sometimes wishes that she had more friends than Ben and Lonnie. Everyone however sees her as too childish, but she couldn't help it. She grew up in Neverland where they were always playing and having fun. Penny could actually be mature, thanks to her mom, but she would rather have fun and feel young for as long as possible.

She sighed as she threw her hair up in a messy bun before getting started on her homework. Halfway through her homework, she heard a knock on her door and she floated up before touching the ground and opened the door. She was a little shocked to see Mal and Evie on the other side of the door, but greeted them with smiles.

"Hey guys. What can I do for you?"

"What time is the curfew?" Mal asked.

"Everyone should be in their dorms at the latest, midnight." "Thanks. . . Do you not have a roommate?" Evie asked when she realized that there was only one bed. "Um, no. People like me, but they don't truly like me because they think I'm too childish. That, and because I don't meet their standards. Ben and Lonnie are my only friends, really."

"Wait, what do you mean by 'their standards'?" Mal asked the girl.

"You know, acting like a princess and being worried about dressing up to impress rather than having fun."

The two nodded and both couldn't help but feel bad for Penny. They haven't known her for a long time, but they've immediately noticed that she's a ball of light and happiness. "Well, we think you're cool," Mal told her in complete honesty. Penny was a little thrown back, but she smiled at her.

"Thanks, Mal."

"We're going to go visit the boys. Do you want to come?" Mal invited her.

"Um, I would love to, but I've put so much homework on pause and most of it is due tomorrow. Maybe next time, yeah? And tell them I said 'hi'?" The two girls nodded and bid Penny goodbye before leaving to go find the boys. Penny smiled to herself after she closed the door. Maybe they're not so bad after all. When she saw her homework, she groaned and grabbed some of it before getting in her hammock that she had installed. She had spent hours in her hammock, completing her homework. When she had finished, she looked at her watch to see that it was almost 10:30. She got up from the hammock and stretched before deciding to go for a quick fly.

She laced up her shoes before opening her window and climbed out. She began to think happy thoughts and she was now floating in the air. She closed her window, but left a crack so she was able to go back in later. Penny smiled as she shot up in the sky, giggling, loving the feeling she got from flying.

Down on the ground, the four villain kids saw that Penny was out and flying. "You think she's making sure that we're not doing anything bad?" Jay asked as the four hid so Penny wouldn't be able to spot them.

"No," Evie quickly answered.

"On our way to our dorm, she told us that she loves flying and goes out almost every night to fly and clear her head," Mal informed them.

When they no longer saw the girl, they all ran over to the museum to try to steal Fairy Godmother's magic wand.

Penny was soaring through the air when she heard the familiar sound of bells. She stopped and looked around to see Tinkerbell flying her way. "Hey Tink. I've missed you. How's everything?" "Good. We miss you like always. Peter wanted me to come to find out about the villain kids and who their parents are." Penny chuckled and sat down on a roof with Tinkerbell on her shoulder.

"Tell dad that he doesn't have to worry, they're not related to pirates. Mal is Maleficent's daughter, Evie is the Evil Queen's daughter, Jay is Jafar's son, and Carlos is Cruella de Vil's son. They're all right, I guess. I know how hard it is, moving from your home to here, so we relate in that." Tinkerbell nodded and they talked for a while.

The museum alarm had went off, but the two didn't notice as they were laughing - Tinkerbell told Penny that Nibs had fallen out of a tree. The fairy soon left and Penny was left alone. She began to fly around again and her head turned to the side when she saw Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos walking back toward the building.

She flew down toward them and she stayed above them. She then turned upside down and lowered herself down and in front of Mal. "Hi!" All four of them jumped, causing Penny to giggle before landing on her feet. "What are you guys doing out here? Auradon too much and you're trying to escape?" She asked jokingly. "You caught us," Carlos answered with a chuckle. "No, we just felt a little cooped up, so we decided to go for a walk," Jay lied effortlessly. "What about you? What are you doing out?" "I usually go flying almost every night before bed. Lets me clear my mind and it makes me feel like I'm back in Neverland, flying through the starry night."

They noticed Penny had a twinkle in her eyes whenever she talked about flying or about Neverland. "Come on, it's one in the morning, and there should be security about now at the front." She began to lead them to the side and they stood under her window which was about fifty feet above them. "Mal, you first." Penny took hold of Mal and lifted her into the air.

Mal gasped before she smiled as they floated up.

She opened the window and climbed through as Penny did the same thing to Evie, Jay, and finally, Carlos.

"Well, you guys could go on and head over to your dorms. But boys, try not to get caught."

They all nodded and thanked Penny before leaving her dorm.

Penny smiled slightly before changing into her pajamas and climbed into her bed, quickly falling asleep.