Chapter 25 - Cotillion

Penny and Carlos finally restored their relationship, but the two had to part ways in order to get ready for the Cotillion

Penny and Carlos finally restored their relationship, but the two had to part ways in order to get ready for the Cotillion. Carlos walked Penny to her dorm and placed a gentle kiss on the back of her hand before heading to his own dorm. Penny had a lovesick smile on her face when she walked in and the girls smiled at her. "You and Carlos okay now?" Mal asked the brunette. "We're better than okay. We're both going to put a lot more effort into our relationship, we are going to listen to each other, and we'll take things one step at a time." "Well, I'm happy for you," said Evie. "Me too." "Thanks girls. I hope you guys are working everything out with your boyfriends."

"If Ben can't see or love me for who I truly am, then he isn't the one," Mal told her.

"And Doug and I are good."

Penny smiled over at Evie, then she pulled Mal into a hug. "I may be Royal Advisor, but I've got your back no matter what," Penelope whispered into Mal's ears. Mal squeezed the girl before beckoning Evie over. The blue haired girl smiled before joining her two best friends.

They then broke the hug and Penny looked over at the dress that Evie had just finished for the brunette. "Evie, this is beautiful." The dress was much less puffy and it would be hugging her body, but it still had an elegant look to it. Evie decided to add a feminine looking blazer and the whole outfit screamed Penny.

It showed how elegant she could be, along with her stern and protective side.

They all began to get ready and Penny was going her makeup while Evie was doing Mal's makeup. "You nervous?" Evie asked the dark fairy.

"Yeah."

"Honestly, if Ben doesn't still love you after tonight, I'm going to have to slap some sense into him." The two villain girls chuckled and Penny made her way over and grabbed Mal's hands.

"No matter what happens, we're all here for you."

Mal smiled up at Penny, but frowned when the brunette hissed and held her head. "Penny? What's wrong?" Mal asked as she got up from her seat and Evie held onto the daughter of Peter Pan.

"I don't. . . I don't know."

"We're no longer in the Isle."

"It doesn't have to be me going to the Isle for this to happen. . . Something bad is going to happen, but I don't know what." The three looked at one another and frowned. "I just really hope that my demons are drama queens and nothing is going to happen tonight," Penny muttered. "If they are just being drama queens, we should all at least be on guard for a while," Evie suggested and her two best friends nodded in agreement. Penny immediately felt better and she shook her head. "Right. Let's finish getting ready. After all, we have the Cotillion to get to."

Evie and Mal nodded rather reluctantly but they all continued to add on the finishing touches to their outfits. Once they were ready, they met up with Carlos and Jay and waited to get a limousine.

"You look beautiful," Carlos whispered into Penny's ear as he snaked his arms around her waist. Penny giggled and looked over at her boyfriend. "Thank you. And you look handsome." Carlos smiled down at her and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

A limousine pulled up and they all got in.

The limo then pulled up to the docks and the boys helped the girls out before they all boarded the cruise. Doug had quickly found them and he was now by Evie's side. Penny and Peter caught eyes and he walked over. "Hey, love." "Hey dad." "You look amazing," said Felix as he walked over.

"Thank you, Felix."

Penny then saw the Lost Boys and she pulled them all into hugs. "Oh, it's so good to see you all." "It's good to see you too, princess." Penny rolled her eyes at Nibs and she saw Rufio. "Rufio, over here." The boy made his way over and the two hugged.

"Rufio, this is my boyfriend, Carlos."

"Hey man."

"Hey."

"Carlos, this is Rufio."

"I'm glad Penny has you. Trust me, when we met up a few days ago, she wouldn't shut up about you." Everyone laughed, Carlos blushed, and Penny punched Rufio in the arm. "Anyway, do you have a date?" Penny asked. Rufio looked around before his eyes landed on a girl and he smiled.

"Yeah, Jane."

Penny smiled at him and nudged his shoulder. "Go get her, tiger." Rufio chuckled before making his way over to Jane, who stood by her mother. Penny smiled and Carlos wrapped an arm around her waist when Lonnie joined the group and stood by Jay's side. Penny rose an eyebrow at Jay, causing him to blush, but Penny smiled at him. Jay returned the smile and Lumiere walked over.

"Lady Mal."

Mal gave her friends one last smile before following Lumiere. Carlos held his hand out to Penny. "Let's dance?" Penny nodded and each couple got onto the dance floor. Carlos and Penny were dancing their hearts out as they laughed together. Carlos had spun and dipped Penny and pressed a quick kiss to her lips when the music died down.

Everyone gathered around the front with the VKs and their dates up front. The light was shown on Lumiere and he cleared his throat. "The future Lady Mal!" Everyone began to whisper among themselves, but they were all mainly whispers of excitement. Excitement to see Mal. Carlos held Penny's hand and she smiled at her boyfriend. Music began to play and Mal walked out and was now at the top of the stairs. Even though they had already seen Mal, the group of six smiled up at the dark fairy who looked like a princess worthy of Auradon. Mal and Penny locked eyes and Penny nodded her head, giving Mal the confidence to walk down the steps.

"Whoo!" Evie and Penny cheered at the same time and began clapping. Everyone else followed their lead and Mal gave her best friends a greatful smile. Mal had stopped in order to greet Adam and Belle. "Ben is on his way out," Adam told Mal. "You look beautiful," he added.

Mal thanked the former King and Belle placed her hands on Mal's.

"I know we were shocked at first, but you - you are exactly what Ben needs." Mal smiled at Belle's worlds and the two hugged. "And lucky for me, she doesn't go by first impressions," joked Adam, but at the same time, he was being sincere. He doesn't know how his life would be like if Belle had ran away and he didn't save her from the wolves. Luckily, he never has to find out.

The three noticed Penny and Evie and the two bowed at the former King and Queen. The couple nodded at Mal and Mal bowed at them before looping her arms with the two girls.

"How are you feeling?"

"Uh, I feel like throwing up."

"That can just be from being on a boat, but even if it's not, we're here for you," Penny reassured Mal. Mal smiled at her and they now stood with the rest of their friends. The light was focused on Lumiere again and he cleared his throat. "King Benjamin!"

Ben appeared at the top of the stairs, and he was as nervous as Mal. Penny noticed that as soon as Mal saw Ben, a smile was on her face, and Penny was happy to see her in love. Everyone began to clap as Ben descended down the stairs and once he got to the bottom, everyone but Mal bowed.

The two walked toward each other and Mal still had a smile on her face.

Ben then suddenly bowed at Mal, and Mal did the same, rather awkwardly. Penny took a good look at Ben and she noticed that something was wrong.

"Mal, I wish I had more time to explain. . ." Ben told the purple haired girl. The light then focused on a figure that was standing at the top of the stairs.

Uma.