Chapter 31 - Proposal & Hades

Penny was running out to the front of the school in order to make it on time

Penny was running out to the front of the school in order to make it on time. When she knew that she wouldn't make it, she began to fly. She then landed next to Carlor and they pulled each other into a hug. "Did I make it in time?" "Yes you did," Jay told her and Penny sighed in relief. Just then, the marching band began playing and Jay, Carlos, and Penny ran over to Evie and Doug. The plan would be going into action and everyone cheered when Ben and Mal came out. Penny gripped onto Jay and Carlos' hand as they watched Ben and Mal come to a stop. Ben then took hold of the mic and he turned to Mal.

Fairy Godmother made sure that the microphone worked before giving it back to Ben.

"Thank you, Fairy Godmother. What's up, Auradon? Thank you, thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. They'll be here soon. It worked out pretty well for the last four." "Yeah, especially for you and Penny," said Chad outloud and Penny glared at him. Carlos wrapped an arm around her waist and pressed a gentle kiss to her cheek. Penny smiled up at him, and the couple turned their attention to Ben.

"Mal, this is the exact same spot we first met not so long ago. I feel like I've known you my whole life. . ." Ben paused and looked down at Penny. Penny smiled up at him and Ben had the courage to continue.

"Did I mention that I love you, Mal?"

Doug began to play the guitar and Ben sang a part of the song he sang to Mal when they won the Tourney game after many, many months.

"I met this girl that rocked my world like it's never been rocked
And now I'm living just for her and I won't ever stop."

The two were spinning around and Mal had a huge smile on her face that made everyone else smile.

"I never thought it can happen to a guy like me
But now look at what you've done, you got me down on my knee."

When Mal noticed that Ben was kneeling down in front of her, she clapped her hands over her mouth and gasped. By now, Evie stood behind Penny and everyone was quiet.

"It's you and me, Mal. It's you and me forever," Ben told her as he took out a small box from his pocket. He then opened it and looked up at Mal. "Will you marry me? Will you be my Queen?" Penny felt tears of joy in her eyes.

"No!" Audrey yelled.

"Yes," answered Mal.

Everyone began to cheer and Ben stood up as he put the ring on Mal's finger. Penny and Evie began to jump together and Carlos chest bumped Adam, making Penny laugh. Carlos immediately began to apologize before he walked over to the rest of the VKs. Ben and Mal then descended the stairs and Ben turned to Carlos and Jay.

"I'm engaged, man!"

"You guys knew?"

"We knew everything. And I helped with the ring," Penny told Mal and Mal hugged her again. Evie then turned to Mal. "I've already sketched out a lot of wedding dresses, and Belle is already planning an engagement party next week." Mal turned to Adam and Belle, and Penny ran over to Ben. "Oh! I'm so happy for you! I told you that she would say 'yes'!" Penny told her best friend.