Chapter 15 - Under Pressure

"Mal," a reporter yelled in order to get Mal's attention

"Mal," a reporter yelled in order to get Mal's attention. Penny and Ben stood by, watching everything. Penny was ready to intervene, but Ben wanted to wait. She wanted to Ben to intervene since she became a hot topic at Auradon. Ever since the fight with Maleficent, the truth about Peter Pan and his daughter came out, but people had dismissed it because they overcame evil and joined good, which helped promote the VKs. Since then, however, Penny's eyes stayed black. She was in complete control, but no one knew the reasons as to why her eyes remained pitch black. And in order to avoid the topic of her eyes, she now always wore black sunglasses.

"Mal, please!"

"Over here, Mal!"

"Only three days until the Royal Cotillion. Ever think a girl like you would be Lady of the Court?" "Well that was subtle," Penny muttered as Ben bit into an apple. However, the questions kept coming and coming, not giving Mal a chance to breathe or speak. "How does it feel to be the most envied girl in Auradon?"

"Well how do you like being blonde?"

"Is your mother still a lizard?"

"How's your friendship with Penny like now that you know her past?"

Penny had enough.

"Okay people, back it up." Penny flew up and landed right in front of Mal, trying her best to shield the girl from the cameras. In an instant, they were all calling out her name. "Penny!" "Penelope!"

"How is your relationship with Carlos?"

"What do your friends think now that they know your past?"

"Are your eyes still black?"

"Does Ben regret having you as his advisor?"

Ben, Penny, and Mal knew that if Ben does not step in, it could and will go South very fast. So Ben took that as his cue. "Okay, all right. Excuse me," Ben said as he made his way through the crowd. He stood in front of the two girls and they both gripped his arms.

"Uh, we will let you know if and when the situation with Maleficent changes. And no, I do not regret having Penny as my advisor. I've known about her past since she first got here, and she's still my best friend." "Did you ever think that you would be with a villain kid?" A reporter asked both Ben and Penny.

"We're done here."

Fairy Godmother quickly came to their aid once she heard that they were no longer answering questions. "Okay. Shush, shush, shoosh, shoosh. This is still a school, so if you're here, you're either skipping or trespassing." The reporters made to speak again, but Fairy Godmother sent them away.

She then turned to the three and smiled at them. "Ben. Mal. Penelope." "Fairy Godmother." The three watched as she walked away and both girls let out a sigh. Ben gave his best friend a quick hug before pulling Mal into him. Penny smiled at the couple before quietly dismissing herself and headed over to her locker, which so happened to be next to Mal - the two asked if Penny can switch lockers so she was closer to the girls. "Hey." Arms wrapped around her waist and she lightly smiled. "Hi." Carlos pressed a kiss to her cheek and he then stood by her side, his body against the locker next to Penny's and an arm still wrapped around her waist. "I saw what happened. You okay?"

Penny nodded and checked her watch, causing her eyes to widen. She quickly shut her locker door before running over to Ben and Mal. "I'm really sorry to break this moment up, but Ben, you have a council meeting to attend and if you don't leave now, you'll be late," Penny informed the King.

"That's okay," Mal reassured her boyfriend.

"Well, we'll do it sometime."

Carlos then approached the three and he stood next to his girlfriend. Before Ben could even kiss Mal, Evie grabbed Mal and turned her. Evie looked to both of her best friends and sighed. "If you two don't do a fitting now for your dresses, you'll both be dancing in your bathrobes," the daughter of the Evil Queen told them.

"E, I have to go with Ben to the meeting - "

"No, it's fine. I'll catch you up."

Penny nodded and she kissed Carlos' cheek before letting Evie drag her and Mal off to their room. The three had decided to move in together and they used Penny's room as an office/hang out place with Ben's permission. Penny's bed and hammock were still there, but were now accompanied by most of Evie's supplies and dresses.

Penny was admiring the dress Evie had made for her while Evie was tightening Mal's dress on said girl.

"Okay, Evie," Mal gasped out.

"Any tighter and Mal won't breath. And I can hardly breathe," said Penny after she gasped in a breath of air.

"Well, you can both breathe after the Cotillion," Evie told them. "Hardly," started Penny, "we both have at least twenty more events right after." "And I can't even remember what a single one of them is," Mal admitted. Penny looked at the blonde and she smiled sadly at her. She can't even imagine how hard this is for Mal.

It's only been six months since everything had happened and they all expect Mal to be this perfect princess. A perfect princess within six months and is soon going to be Lady of the Court? Penny is surprised that Mal hasn't exploded. The brunette then looked over at her friend in concern. She doesn't know if Mal has talked to anyone about it. She was about to say something when the daughter of Maleficent spoke up. "Hey Evie? Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?" Mal asked as she stared at her purple leather jacket that she no longer wore to prove to Auradon that she's no longer the girl from the Isle of the Lost.

"That's funny," Evie chuckled.

Penny helped Mal down and they all looked into the mirror when the tv suddenly showed Ben, Mal, Penny, and Carlos having lunch with Aladdin and Jasmine. "As the royal couple continue the tour of the kingdom with the King's royal advisor and her boyfriend, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine. Six months ago - "

Penny chuckled as it showed Mal and Carlos coughing a piece of spicy chicken into their napkins.

"No one thought that King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last. And no one certainly thought that his royal advisor, Penelope Pan, would have a relationship with Carlos De Vil. Much less, have it last."

"Yeah, no kidding," scoffed Mal.

Penny suddenly frowned as it showed pictures of her and Carlos. Their hands were intertwined and Carlos was doing his best to not let the reporters get to Penny all while trying to avoid them himself and trying to get by them with Penny right by his side. Carlos does not deserve to suffer like this just because he's dating Penny, but it's the news. What can you do?

The tv then showed the video of Mal from earlier today and Penny flying in front of Mal to protect the girl.

"Mal and Penelope must be counting down the days until the Royal Cotillion where Mal will officially become a Lady of the Court. One question still remains. Earlier this week, Penelope and Carlos seemed to have gotten into a fight. Is there possible touble in paradise?" Penny rolled her eyes and scoffed. At the same time, Mal gasped and ran over to her bed.

Both Penny and Evie knows that Mal still uses magic.

Hell, even Penny uses her magic, but she tries not to use it out in public.

Penny felt herself frown once again and she sighed.

Penny felt herself drown out the conversation but was pulled back when Evie grabbed hold of her. "We're in Auradon, Mal! All that stuff we did - what Penny did - was wrong, it was bad. Penny changed as so have we. And we're no longer bad anymore, we chose good. We're Auradon girls now."

Penny smiled over at Evie and Evie smiled back. Mal then smiled at her two friends and Penny took hold of her best friend's hand.