Chapter 9 - Family Day

Time has flown by rather quickly, and it was now Family Day

Time has flown by rather quickly, and it was now Family Day. After her date with Carlos, she ran over to Mal and Evie's room and told them what happened. They were both happy for Penny and for a second, just for a second, they forgot why they were really there for. Currently, Penny was doing her best to fight it off, but she would get lightheaded or dizzy every now and then. Her head was pounding and she groaned when there was a knock on her door and she heard a voice. "Penny?" "Come in." Ben opened the door and closed it behind him before heading over to the brunette. "You feeling okay?"

"Yeah. . . I made a drink that's supposed to help, it should be kicking in soon." "Okay. Are you sure you still want to perform?" Penny looked up and nodded at Ben. "I told you before, I'll be by your side with all of this royal stuff." Ben kissed the top of her head before he left the room.

Penny sighed before she quickly showered and got dressed. She was putting on her heels when there was another knock on her door. "Come in!" Mal and Evie walked in and Evie cooed. "Aww, you look so pretty." "Thank you. What's up?" "Yesterday, Fairy Godmother set up a video call for us and our parents," Mal told her.

"I'm sure that went well."

"As well as it could have."

Penny nodded and began to do some simple makeup while Evie sat on her bed and Mal on the hammock. "But, we were thinking. We shouldn't go to Family Day."

"What? No, you guys are coming. Please? If someone says something, I'll punch them, I swear." The two girls looked at each other then to Penny. "Are we going to regret this?" "Maybe." All three laughed and Penny motioned them over for a hug.

"I promise, I will do my best to make sure everything goes well. And if something does happen, I'll take - " "Oh, you won't be taking the blame for us," Mal told her. Penny sighed and nodded. "Plus, you guys will get to meet my dad." "I have to admit, I've always wanted to meet him," said Evie and they all chuckled. "All right, well, I'm finished, but you guys still need to get ready and I have a performance. Those that Ben selected are singing 'Be Our Guest' to the families." The girls nodded and Penny walked them to their dorm before meeting Ben.

"Ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

Ben

"Ma cherie Mademoiselle,
It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure,
That we welcome you tonight."

Penny

"And now, we invite you to relax.
Let us pull up a chair.
As the dining room proudly presents
Your dinner!"

Everyone

Be our guest
Be our guest

Put our service to the test
Tie your napkin 'round your neck, cherie
And we'll provide the rest

Soup du jour
Hot hors d'oeuvres
Why, we only live to serve
Try the grey stuff
It's delicious!
Don't believe me?
Ask the dishes

They can sing, sing sing
They can dance dance dance
After all, Miss, this is France
And the dinner here is never second best

Go on, unfold your menu
Take a glance and then you'll
Be our guest
Oui, our guest
Be our guest
C'mon, yeah be our guest, guest guest

Beef ragout
Cheese souffle
Pie and pudding en flambe
We'll prepare and serve with flair
A culinary cabaret

You're alone
And you're scared
But the banquet's all prepared
No one's gloomy or complaining
While the flatware's entertaining

We tell jokes
I do tricks
With my fellow candlesticks
And it's all in perfect taste
That you can bet

Come on and lift your glass
You've won your own free pass
To be our guest
If you're stressed
It's fine dining we suggest
Be our guest
Be our guest
Be our guest
Be our guest
Be our guest!

Everyone clapped and Ben and Penny hugged.

During the performance, Penny had caught eyes with her dad and they smiled at one another. Once everyone stopped singing, Penny rushed over to her dad and the two enveloped each other into a hug. "Hey dad." "Hello darling." The two pulled away and Peter smiled at Penny. "You look like your mother."

"Thank you."

"How are you?"

Penny sighed and said, "She's trying to make an appearance." "So is mine. Here, I made you some tea." He gave her a water container and Penny thanked her father. She then spotted her friends and waved them over. "Dad, these are my friends. Guys, this is my dad, Peter Pan." "Don't forget me." "Uncle Felix!"

"This is your dad?" Mal asked in disbelief

"This is your dad?" Mal asked in disbelief. The two Pans and Felix chuckled. "Yeah. Dad never left Neverland, he only leaves when he's visiting me. Still kind of weird to say that he's my dad when he looks nineteen." "How do you think I feel when I say I have a sixteen year old daughter?" Peter joked.

"Anyway, dad and Felix, this is Jay, Evie, Mal, and my boyfriend, Carlos."

"Boyfriend, eh?"

"Dad."

"I'm not going to do anything, darling. Carlos, just promise me you won't hurt my daughter." "Wouldn't dream of it." They all smiled at the couple and Ben was calling Mal over. Once Ben saw all of them, however, he invited them all over. The four walked ahead and Peter turned to Penny.

"Do you really like him?" "I do, dad. Mal and Evie are my sisters and Jay's my brother." "Good. I'm happy for you." The two hugged and the King and Queen greeted them. "Peter, how are you." "I'm doing well. How are you?" "We're great." Penny watched Carlos run around with Dude while Evie was talking to Belle. Jay and Peter were getting to know one another when Mal had approached her. "Hey, can I talk to you?" Penny nodded and they began to walk around. Felix had stopped Penny and Mal let the two talk. "You're dad told me that she's trying to make an appearance."

"Yeah, she is. Maybe something big is going to happen and they just want to protect us?" "Maybe. I'll go tell your dad." Before Felix left, Penny stumbled a little, causing Felix to quickly grab her. Mal had noticed and was about to go over when she was greeted by someone.

"Are you okay?" "Yeah. That one just caught me a little by surprise is all." "Are you sure?" "Yes, Felix. Now, go tell dad." "Okay, I'll be back soon." Penny nodded and heard familiar bell sounds. "Hello, Tinkerbell." "Hey there, Penny."

"You!"

Penny turned to see Mal, Audrey, and Queen Leah, Audrey's grandmother and the mother of Sleeping Beauty. "Oh, no," Penny muttered under her breath. "This won't end well."