Chapter 5 - Girl Time

Penny was floating around Mal and Evie's room the next morning

Penny was floating around Mal and Evie's room the next morning. She was hoping to see Carlos there, but he wasn't there and she didn't want to fly or walk to the boys' room. The girls invited her in to hang out, and Penny agreed. Jane had came over about half an hour ago and all she did was complain. She had to fill in Penny first about Mal using magic to give her prettier hair. Then how she tried to ask her mother to make her pretty, but Fairy Godmother denied. "Mom said that if a boy can't see the beauty, then he isn't worth it. What kind of world does she live in?" "Auradon," Mal and Penny replied in unison.

The two girls looked at one another and smiled.

"Mal, Penny, what do you think?" Evie asked as she held up a dress. The two looked at it and Penny replied first. "I like it. I'm going to have to ask you for a dress one day." "It's cute. It brings out your eyes." "Thanks, guys. And I know. Oh and trust me, Penny, I definitely want to." Penny and Evie smiled at one another before Evie worked on the finishing touches of her dress.

"Now I'll never get a boyfriend," Jane finished her rant.

"Boyfriends are overrated anyway," Mal and Penny said in unison again. "And how would you know, Mal? You've never had a boyfriend. And Doug accidentally let it slip that Penny never had a boyfriend either." Mal looked over at the flying brunette in surprise. "Seriously? How come? You're beautiful."

"Thanks, Mal, but guys see me as too childish or they just want to get in my pants." "Ugh, that's disgusting," said Mal and Penny nodded, agreeing. "And I don't need a boyfriend, E." "Yeah. I mean, I wouldn't mind one, but they shouldn't be our first priority. We don't need a man," Penny added. "Oh, no," Evie gasped, "I forgot to do Chad's homework!"

"That's exactly what we mean."

"Chad? Seriously, E? Chad may be a pretty face, but there's not a lot going up there," Penny told the daughter of the Evil Queen, but Evie drowned her out as she began to do Chad's homework. Mal, however, did hear and she chuckled. There was a knock on the door and it opened wider to reveal Penny's second friend, Lonnie.

"Hey Penn. Hey guys, I'm Lonnie."

Lonnie received only blank stares. "My mom's Mulan. No? Anyway, Mal, I love what you've done to Jane's hair. I know that you hate us and you're evil and all - " "Gee, great start there, Lonnie. I'm sure you'll be besties in no time," defended Penny, glaring at her friend for insulting them. "But I was wondering if you would do the same for me." "And why would I do that?" "I'll pay you fifty bucks," Lonnie said and held up a small sack filled with money. "Good answer," said Evie as she stood up and took hold of the money. "I need to buy some more equipment. Okay, I'm thinking we cut it, add some layers, lose the bangs - " "Yeah, yeah. I want it cool. Like Mal's." Everyone turned to Mal and Evie frowned.

"The split ends too?" Penny couldn't help but chuckle and Mal playfully glared at her new best friend. Penny winked at her new best friend and sent Mal a wolfish grin.

Mal then stared at Lonnie and Evie, who was swaying the sack of money. "Ugh. Fine." Mal rolled off her bed, grabbed her spellbook, and began to flip through the pages. "While I'm at it, want to change something, P?" "Nah, I'm good, M. I like my looks." "That's because you're already beautiful," everyone told her at once, causing Penny to blush and she thanked them.

Mal then found the spell and smirked.

"Beware, forswear, replace the old with cool hair." She moved her finger, and Lonnie's head followed it. When she glanced back up, her hair had grown and it was now lighter. She stepped in front of their mirror and gasped as she touched her hair. Evie nodded and walked over to Lonnie. "I know, it looks like a mop on your head."

Penny had to stop herself from laughing.

"Let's just chop it off, layer it - " "No, no, no. I love it." "Really?" "It's just. . ." Lonnie then leaned down and ripped her skirt. "Now I'm cool." "Like ice," Mal smirked. Jane walked over and did the same before gasping. "Oh my God. What did I do? My mom's going to kill me!" Penny and Mal laughed while Jane began to panic.

"Jane, don't worry, just go change. And then, you can sew it up." Jane nodded and left the room.

☆ ☆ ☆

Penny had left their room two hours ago and she was currently taking a walk when she ran into Ben. "Hey, want to go with me to go check on Mal and the others?" "Sure. I still need to talk to Carlos and tell him that I'm fine." Ben nodded and they made their way over to the room. Ben knocked on the door and it was soon opened by Mal. "Hey, Mal. I didn't see you guys today, and I was wondering if you guys had any questions or anything." "Not that I know of," Mal said, looking at her friends, then back to the pair in front of her. "Oh, okay. Well, if you need anything just - "

"Oh, wait!" Mal interrupted Ben.

"Is it true that we get to go to your coronation?" "Yeah, the whole Kingdom is going," Penny told her. "Is there any chance that we can sit up front? You know, to soak up all that goodness?" Mal asked. "I'm sorry, I wish you could, but up front is me, my folks, Audrey, Penny, her dad, and if she has one, a boyfriend - or a date works too. My parents consider Penny family."

"Girlfriend?"

"Yeah, but - "

"Okay, thanks, bye!"

Mal began to close the door but they heard someone scream "Wait!" Mal opened the door and they see Carlos standing up, Dude stayed seated. Carlos quickly ran over and he stood in front of Penny. "How are you? From yesterday?" "Oh, yeah," Mal said suddenly. "Carlos told us what happened, but we didn't want to say anything without him."

"Well, thank you guys for caring."

"We'll always care about you. You're family now," Evie told her as she stood behind Mal. Jay walked over and he nodded, agreeing with his friends. "Thanks guys. And um, yeah, I'm okay. I just got lightheaded and dizzy. Fairy Godmother said that I was dehydrated, but I'm fine now," Penny lied to her new family.

It already began to hurt her heart, lieing to them. "We're glad you're okay. See you later?" "Yeah." Penny smiled at Carlos and the two left after Mal had closed her room door.