Chapter 6 - Late Night Snack

☆ ☆ ☆

☆ ☆ ☆

Imagine the shirt dark green instead.

☆ ☆ ☆

Penny shot up from her nightmare as she gasped for air and tried to calm her racing heart down. Penny pulled her legs to the side and she sighed as she dropped her head down to her hands. She then slipped on her slippers, shrugged on a dark green button up, and walked out of her room to see Lonnie knocking on a door that's four doors down. Meaning she's knocking on Mal and Evie's door. "Lonnie? What are you doing?" She asked as she approached the daughter of Mulan. Lonnie didn't hear Penny open or close her door, so she jumped and placed her hand over her heart. "Jesus, Penny." Penny giggled and apologized.

"Oh, and I'm trying to find Mal. A lot of girls want her to do their hair." "All right. Come with me to the kitchen? I want a snack, and then I can help you find Mal." Lonnie nodded and they began to venture down to the kitchens. "So, what do you think of them?" Penny asked. "Um, they're actually really cool, cooler than I thought."

"Yeah, everyone judged them way too quickly." "Didn't you?" "Well, I was a bit wary, but I got to know them within their first few days here, and we consider each other family." Lonnie nodded and smiled. "Hey, we really need to train together soon," she told the daughter of Peter Pan. "We do. I haven't trained since the coronation is coming up and I've been helping Ben."

Lonnie nodded, understanding and they have now reached the kitchen. Penny let Lonnie go in first, and they were surprised to see the gang there. "Oh. There you are, Mal. I've been looking all over for you. A lot of girls want you to do their hair." As soon as Penny saw the group, she immediately began to button up her shirt.

Mal quickly covered her spellbook, but neither girl noticed.

"A midnight snack?" Lonnie asked.

"That's what I'm here for," said Penny.

Lonnie then dipped her finger into the cookie batter, causing the VKs to yell "No!" "What? I'm not gonna double dip." She licked the batter and the VKs stared at one another. "Do you feel anything?" "Yeah, like maybe something is missing?" Jay then leaned over to Lonnie and he smirked at her. "Hey." Lonnie stayed silent for a moment before saying, "Could use some chips." Penny knew what she ment and she walked over to a high shelf. She opened the door and tried to reach the bag of chocolate chips, but couldn't. "Chips?" Jay asked. "And those are?" asked Mal. "Chocolate chips," Lonnie told him.

"Only the most important food group, which I sadly can't reach." Everyone laughed at Penny. "Um, Penny, you do realize that you can fly, right?" Carlos asked. Penny felt her face flush red with embarrassment. "Oh. Yeah. I knew that. I'm just. . . Testing you guys." Everyone laughed again and she flew up and now had hold of the bag.

She threw them over to Lonnie, who caught them, and began to add them into the batter.

Penny then flew over and sat in between Jay and Carlos and she began to pet Dude. "Glad to see you and Dude getting along." Carlos smiled down at her and Penny smiled back.

"Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys chocolate chip cookies?"

Penny began to shake her head no.

Of course, Lonnie didn't notice.

"You know? When you're feeling sad and you come home to them, and they're fresh from the oven. And she serves them with a big ol' glass of milk and puts everything into perspective again?" Lonnie finally realized Penny's movements, but it was too late. "What are you doing, Penny? And why are you all looking at me like that?"

"It's just different where we're from."

Penny heard the sadness in Mal's voice and she felt her own happiness slip away.

"Well, yeah, I know that," Lonnie continued. "I just thought that even villains love their kids." No one said a word and Penny slipped her hand inside Carlos' and she gave his hand a gentle squeeze. He squeezed back and she gave him a sad smile. She did the same thing to Jay and Lonnie finally realized what was wrong.

"Oh. How awful."

Penny was trying not to cry, so she didn't see Mal swipe Lonnie's tear into the batter. "Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven." Mal began to lead Lonnie out of the kitchen. "Bye-bye. Evil dreams." "Oh, okay. Goodnight!" Carlos jumped down and offered his hand to Penny, and she took it. "Wait, I came here for a reason." She then opened up the fridge to see the brownies she had made before going over to Mal's earlier that day. She took out the plate and offered everyone a brownie. They each took one and they all fell in love.

"Oh my God, these are amazing!"

Penny laughed at Mal's reaction and everyone else agreed with her.

"Can you please make some more?"

Carlos asked her and she nodded.

"Yeah, sure. Do you want them now?" "Yes, please." Penny chuckled and she nodded. As she took ingredients out, Mal gave Jay her spellbook and Jay hid it so Penny couldn't see it.

"Hey Mal, can you make me an extra batch for tomorrow?" Mal nodded and the boys put the cookies on a tray and then into an oven. Evie went to go help Mal and the boys offered to help Penny, which she gladly accepted. The first batch were done, and the brownies were almost done when they added the second batch.

"So, after about half a month, how do you guys like Auradon? Still don't like it?" "Um, we're warming up." Penny nodded, but then remembered about the conversation that just had. She turned to Mal and pulled the girl into a hug. "I knew you guys had it hard, but I didn't know it was this bad."

Mal was shocked, but then she hugged the small girl back.

Penny motioned for the others to join, and they did. They all broke apart, though, when the timer went off, signaling that the brownies were done. Penny yawned and went to go get them when Mal stopped her. "Penny, you're tired. Go to sleep, we'll save you some."

"You guys sure?" "Yeah." Penny nodded and she said her goodnights to them and they said it back. She smiled at all of them and then left them in the kitchen and headed up with the two brownies that were left. The group of four sighed as Jay took the brownies out of the oven. "Anyone feel kind of bad that we're going to drag Penny into this mess?" Evie asked. "Yeah, but we need to get the wand," Mal reminded them. "When the villains take over, we'll just tell Penny to fly back to Neverland. Hopefully, she won't hate us." They all frowned. They've grown to love Penny, but knew that they're mission was to get Fairy Godmother's wand. Nothing else.