Chapter 20 - Captured

Ben had accidentally ran into someone and Penny was immediately by his side

Ben had accidentally ran into someone and Penny was immediately by his side. "Hey, man," The guy said as he held his hands up. Ben immediately backed off and Penny stood in front of Ben. Yes, she may be small, but there's a lot of anger in her tiny, little body. Penny noticed that something clicked in his head and he suddenly got excited, making the group of five nervous. "Hey. Hey, I know you!" Evie, Jay, and Carlos then ran over and they surrounded Ben. Ben began to shake his head 'no' and he stuttered a little. "Uh, no. Don't - don't know you either, man," Ben told him in a low voice.

Penny rolled her eyes.

"Uh, yeah, you do. C'mon, man. Really? Huh." The guy thought that Ben would've recognized him, since he thought that he knew Ben or that Ben was an old friend. "Dude, I'll give you a hint. My dad is quick, slick, and his neck. . . Is incredibly thick." Penny automatically knew that he must be Gil, Gaston's son.

She remembers passing through his profile when she helped Ben pick out the kids to attend Auradon.

Gil then looked around and his eyes immediately settled on a very familiar face.

"Oh, hey Carlos."

"Hey, Gil."

"Did you hear that Mal is back? Harry was telling me all about how he ran into her earlier. He said that she - " but Gil stopped himself. Penny felt herself tense up at the mention of Captain Hook's son and Carlos had noticed, but he didn't have time to ask her about it.

Gil was looking at a poster on the wall behind the five and he looked between the posters and the group of people in front of him. "You're King Ben!" He then stepped forward and took Penny's glasses. "And you're Penny Pan." Penny grabbed her glasses back and glared at Gil. "Carlos, Evie, Jay, you guys are back too! Hey guys!"

The group of five took that as their cue and they all ran off, Ben and Penny following the VKs.

☆ ☆ ☆

The group slowed to a stop as the VKs were now in front of their old hideout. Jay picked up a rock and threw it at a yellow sign that says "Danger Flying Rocks" and it caused a gate to rise and to reveal a stairwell. Penny chuckled at the irony but then became serious as she, Ben, and Evie stood in front of the stairs.

"All the way up."

Ben grabbed onto the railing and looked back at the four. "Wish me luck." "Good luck," Evie and Penny told him. Ben let out a sigh and he began to follow the stairs. Penny then looked over at Carlos and then back at Evie and Jay. The two nodded and they walked a couple of yards away to give the couple space.

"You never answered my question from earlier," Carlos spoke up.

Penny paused and gave her boyfriend a look.