Chapter 28 - Queen

"I didn't know you could do that!" Evie gushed

"I didn't know you could do that!" Evie gushed. "I didn't know either," Mal admitted. "That makes three of us," Penny added. The three chuckled and Mal was staring at Ben. "Now, go get your happily ever after." Mal nodded and she walked toward Ben. Ben looked down at Mal and smiled. Before Mal could say anything, Ben pulled his girlfriend into a kiss. Everyone cheered, but then Carlos broke them up. Carlos went to approach his own girlfriend when two shadows flew down. It was Penny and Peter's shadows. "Penelope Pan, daughter of Peter Pan," started Peter's shadow.

"You have showed true courage and bravery. You also showed that you could take matters into your own hands and protect everyone. Therefore, we have decided to crown you Queen of Neverland." Everyone was stunned as they heard the shadows talk.

"Neverland may not be your home anymore, for it belongs to children who dream of it, but you and your family are always welcomed." Penny's shadow then placed a flower crown onto Penny's head and they bowed down to her before flying off, heading for the second star to the right.

Penny stood in shock and everyone immediately bowed down to her.

"Oh, come on!"

The lost boys laughed, along with her friends and father. Peter flew into the air and he yelled out a rooster call. Everyone else followed his lead and Penny laughed at them. Carlos then began to walk up the stairs and Penny met him halfway. "My Queen." Penny chuckled and Carlos pulled her into a quick kiss before the rejoined their group.

They all jokingly bowed at her and Penny rolled her eyes.

"Stop it!"

They all laughed and Peter approached his daughter. "I knew you had it in you. Well done." The two hugged and Felix and the lost boys joined their hug, making Penny laugh in happiness. When they broke from the hug, Ben looked around. "I owe you guys so much," he told the VKs and Penny.

"Yes you do."

"You got that right."

"What are friends for?"

Ben laughed and he pulled Penny into a quick hug. "But seriously, if there's anything you need or anything I can do for you. . ."

"Actually, there is, Ben," said Evie.

"I know a girl who would really love to come to Auradon. It's Drizella's daughter, Dizzy." Evie looked at Mal and Penny and smiled. "She's like a little sister to me." Ben smiled at Evie. "Then she should come. "Actually, um, there's a lot of kids who would really love it here in Auradon. Kids like us who also deserve a second chance. Could I maybe give you a list?"

"Yes, yes, of course!"

Everyone cheered and a servant walked over. "Lady Mal. We found your spellbook below deck. Uma had it." He handed her the spellbook and Mal looked at it. Ben looked at her nervously and Mal made up her mind. "You know, this seems like the kind of thing that belongs in the hands of Fairy Godmother. Fairy Godmother?" Mal called out. Fairy Godmother made her way over and smiled at Mal. "Okay, that's me, thank you." Mal smiled back and held the spellbook out for Fairy Godmother to take. "This belongs in the museum." "Yes, yes it does. And I'm going to take it."

"Go for it. I won't be needing it anymore."

Carlos turned to Penny and his eyes widened. Penny no longer saw red as it began to fade and she saw normally again. "You're eyes are brown again." Penny smiled up at Carlos and he pulled her into a quick kiss.

Mal looked around and smiled at her friends before playfully splashing Ben.

Ben

Looking back at yesterday
I thought I gave it everything
But still there's so much road ahead of me

Mal

When I looked into your eyes
I guess I didn't recognize
Who we are and all that we can be

Ben & Mal

Sometimes it's hard to find yourself
But it's worth it in the end
'Cause in your heart is where it all begins

Everyone

We gotta be bold
We gotta be brave
We gotta be free
We gotta get loud
Making that change
You gotta believe (whoa)
We'll look deep inside
And we'll rise up and shine
We can be bold
We can be brave
Let everyone see
It starts with you and me (whoa, whoa, hey)

Evie & Carlos

There's something special that I've learned
It's together we can change the world
Everybody's got something that they can bring

Mal & Jay

When you take a look inside yourself
Do you wish that you were something else?
But who you are is who you need to be

Penny

Sometimes it's hard to find yourself
But it's worth it in the end
'Cause in your heart is where it all begins

Everyone

We gotta be bold
We gotta be brave
We gotta be free
We gotta get loud
Making that change
You gotta believe (whoa)
We'll look deep inside
And we'll rise up and shine
We can be bold
We can be brave
Let everyone see
It starts with you and me (whoa, whoa, hey)

Mal, Evie, & Penny

We all can do a part
We know that it can be the start
To bring about the difference that we need (yeah)
I promise we can work this out
I promise we can see it through
Don't you know it's up to me
It's up to me and you

Everyone

We gotta be bold
We gotta be brave
We gotta be free
We gotta get loud
Making that change
You gotta believe (whoa)
We'll look deep inside
And we'll rise up and shine
We can be bold
We can be brave
Let everyone see
It starts with you and me (whoa, whoa, hey)

☆ ☆ ☆

"Penny! Carlos!"

The couple stopped walking and turned around to see Ben and Mal. "Hey guys," Penny greeted. "What's up?" "So, I've been talking to some people and Penny, we think that you and Carlos should take a week off and go visit Neverland." The two stared at the King in shock. "Come again?"

Ben chuckled.

"I want you and Carlos to take a week off and go to Neverland," Ben told her. "We already planned everything out, and your dad and Felix will be taking over for you while you're gone," Mal added. Penny smiled and turned to Carlos. "Well, what do you say babe?"

"Let's go pack."