Chapter 5

When the game finally ended, after what seemed like an eternity, we all waited for will to get out of the baseball locker rooms. One thing I loved about Will was that he never kept me waiting. He was always the first one out of the locker room. I loved it, especially because I hated waiting. When will came out of the locker room he was still in his sexy baseball pants but he had taken off his jersey and was just in the black Nike undershirt that he wore under the jersey. He still had on his hat and his shaggy blonde hair was sticking out of it. It was so cute.

"Hiiiiii." Lucy dragged out as ran over to Will and gave him a hug. Will just smiled his crooked smile and walked over to the rest of us.

"Hi babe." He said when he got to me. He leaned down and gave me a kiss. I pulled back though because I hate a lot of PDA. It just makes me uncomfortable, and everyone else for that matter. Will just smiled at me and kissed my forehead. With his arm still around me, he looked over at Eli.

"Hi I'm Will." He said as he extended his hand out to Eli. She shook it and said

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Eli." She smiled again and I couldn't help but smile too. Her smile was just cute and contagious.

"Lets go eat I'm starving." Molly said as she rubbed her stomach dramatically.

"I'm down." Lucy said as she nudged my shoulder.

"Uh yeah lets go eat." I said, then I looked to Eli

"You gonna come with us?" I asked. It was already 9:15ish and I don't know how strict her parents were.

"Yeah I can ask." She said sweetly. Eli walked a few feet away from us to call her mom. When she got off the phone she came back with a big smile and said

"Okay I'm good. But could someone give me a ride? I didn't drive to school today."

"Yeah you can ride with me." I said a little too fast. Eli just smiled. Will was in his truck and Molly and Lucy had come together. I gave will a kiss and we all headed to our cars.

"So how long have you guys been together?" Eli asked after we had been walking for a bit.

"Umm since the 8thgrade so about three years." I said counting the years on my fingers. I still had my track bag with me and so did Eli. Mine was on my left shoulder and hers was on her right shoulder so they kept hitting. I guess I didn't realize how close we were to each other.

"So what's it like at your other school?" I asked out of nowhere, also realizing just how far I had parked.

"I loved my other school. I really didn't want to leave, but my dad got a new job over here so I didn't really have a say in the matter." At this she looked down at her socks and smiled.

"Sorry I'm rambling." She said still looking at the ground.

"No its okay." I laughed. "Keep going."

"I think I just really miss my friends, and my girlfriend." She said.

"Oh you're..." I trailed off.

"Yeah." She said awkwardly. I didn't want her to feel awkward but at the same time I didn't really know what to say.

"What was she like?" I asked trying not to be awkward. At this point we had finally reached my car and were getting in.

"She was great, but when she found out I was moving she said that the distance was too much and that it wouldn't work out. I think she just wanted to hook up with this girl that had been hanging around her." She said putting her track bag in the back seat.

"Well I'm sorry about that." I said starting the car.

"It's in the past. Now let's go eat. I'm starving." For having just gone through a breakup Eli was surprisingly okay. If anything, she was happy. I don't know how I would feel if Will and I ever broke up. I've thought about it a lot but I could never really pinpoint exactly how I would feel.

As soon as we got to Whataburger Will, with his big ass truck, pulled in in front of us. He had his music blaring. Will was a country boy through and through, but he loved rap music. It was a paradox and it always made me laugh. Will jumped off his truck and walked over to my side to open the door for me. Eli just gave me a little smirk and got off on her side. Soon after I got off I heard Lucy and Molly laughing as they walked towards us.

Once we ordered we all walked over to a booth that was in the back left corner of the place. Will and I sat on the shorted end of the booth and Lucy Molly and Eli sat across from us. Our food came out surprisingly fast. We were still talking about the scrimmage. Will had a really nice hit, a groundball that went straight through second and third base. He got a single off of it and a runner brought in. My boyfriend was kind of awesome.

"I know that hit was awesome. It hit the ground and flew right past the second baseman." Will said as he took a bite of his burger. Will was a lefty so he ate with his left hand which meant his right arm was around me. I always thought it would be an awkward position for him but when I asked him one time he said it was the most comfortable thing in the world.

"What about when Matt caught that ball that was like four feet above his head." Molly said as she poured hers and Lucy's fries into one big pile.

"That was awesome. And Matt is sooooo hot." Lucy swooned as she took a drink out of her shake. Eli looked like she was having fun. She was really pretty. Her smile was just so adorable, it made me want to smile. I was staring again, when I felt something hit my shin, hard.

"Owe." I screamed. At this everyone looked at me.

"Whoops my bad." Molly said as she took a sip out of her drink.

"So do you guys do any other sports besides track?" Eli asked.

"I play volleyball." Lucy and Molly said in unison. Then they looked at each other and laughed.

"What about you Thea?" Eli asked me while looking straight in my eyes. As I looked in her eyes I realized that they had changed from a light brown to a sort of hazel green. Weird.

"Oh I only do track." I said trying not to stare, also trying to avoid getting kicked. We were talking for a few more minutes when Molly announced she needed to go to the bathroom and that I should go with her. Eli and Lucy had to get out of the booth so that Molly could get out. When she got out we walked to the bathroom. As soon as we were in it Molly looked under the stalls to make sure there weren't any people in it.

"You know some people don't like that." I said being a smart ass.

"Dude." She said as she just stared at me.

"What?" I asked as I looked at myself in the mirror.

"You totally can't stop staring at her." She said grabbing my shoulders and turning me around.

"What're you going on about?" I asked. I could feel my cheeks turning red for no reason.

"You like her." She said leaning against the sink.

"You are absolutely crazy." I said right as some lady walked in to use the bathroom.

"We'll talk about this later." She mouthed to me as we walked out of the bathroom and to the table. When we got there everyone was already done eating and starting to get ready to leave. Molly and I had already finished our food so it was no big deal.

"Hey guys I have to get home already." Lucy said as she texted someone on her phoen, her mom I assumed.

"Okay no problem. I have early morning practice anyways." Will said. We all walked out the front door and said our goodbyes. Will gave me a kiss on the cheek before he got in his truck. I just smiled and waved and got back in my own car. Eli was already buckling her seatbelt when I got in. This was going to be an awkward car ride.