Chapter 28

I was right, today has been the longest day of my life. By the time I got to track I wanted to just run and never stop, because if I'm running people can't catch up to me and ask me questions. During lunch Lucy and Molly were bombarding me with questions even though they both knew my reasons for why I did it. They wanted to know how I did it, why now, where I did it, and everything else. Eli was very quiet the entire time. After about the 50thquestion from the girls Eli reached under the table and held my hand. Whether or not anyone could see it I don't know, but I didn't really care.

I haven't seen Will today, but I know he isn't okay. The reason I know this is because in my fifth period class some of his baseball buddies moved their chairs over to me when our teacher was done talking and started asking a few questions. One of the questions was "What did you do to him?". They weren't rude or anything but they were guys I didn't know and I did not feel like discussing any of my personal life with them. Hell, I hadn't even talked to Lucy and Molly about it. When I was answering their questions, I gave mostly one-word responses or just fragments of a sentence.

After 6thperiod was over Eli and I walked to the locker room together. Eli walked in first and I followed behind her. We changed really fast and got out to the track. Since we actually got to the track a little early today we sat in Eli's for a little while before walking in. As we sat there Eli was playing a bunch of random songs. Some old some knew and from all different genres. It was like she couldn't decide what she wanted to listen to so she would change all the songs before they were even half way done. I couldn't help but stare at how absolutely adorable she was. She would sing along to the songs then find another one and sing that one. She was dancing along to the rhythm as she sang and she just looked, perfect. I was staring again, but I didn't care. After a couple seconds she looked at me and said

"What?" her green eyes were glowing

"Nothing. We should probably get going though." I said this instead of telling her how adorable and cute and sexy she is. If I had said that we'd probably be in her back seat right now instead of walking in the blaring heat to the track.

As soon as we finished running our warm up lap I wished that Eli and I were in her back seat, because right as we finished I saw Lila walking towards the track. My whole body stiffened up and I felt like my ears were going to burst into flames. I could only imagine what she was going to say. Eli could feel my body stiffen up because she immediately got a bit closer to me. Eli and I sat on the track and started doing our stretches. Surprisingly Molly and Lucy came up a couple seconds later and started in on their warm up lap, I gave Eli a look and she just laughed. When Lila finished her lap, she started in straight for me. She walked over to me swinging her hips and acting like she was the shit and sat down next to me.

"So, is it true?"

"What-ever are you talking about?" I was playing dumb, I knew it's piss her off.

"You and Will broke up. Is that true?" And there it was. The direct question that expected a direct yes or no answer.

"Yes Lila. We broke up." I could see Eli's dark eyes watching Lila to see what she would say next.

"Okay just wondering." And with that she got up and left Eli and I sitting there alone. I looked at Eli and she had this look on her face.

"Calm down. She's always been like this. I'm used to it." Eli gave me a condescending look.

"Fine. But I swear I'll kick her ass." I just started laughing because that would be a sight to see.

                                                               ------------------------------------