Chapter 48

Eli's POV

I haven't talked to Thea in days. Her not having her phone is a total pain in the ass. I see her during school, and I like that I can be all over her but I don't like not talking to her constantly. After the meet Wednesday Thea said her mom might be coming around but I don't know how true that is. When we were leaving the field, her mom was still giving me scary looks. It was terrifying. It's now Friday night and I'm at Lucy's trying to stop thinking about Thea. I miss her.

"Stop it." Lucy said

"What're you talking about?"

"You're being all mopey and I don't like it."

"Sorry." Lucy threw a pillow at me and I started cracking up.

"See there you go that's better."

"Yeah yeah shut up." I laughed.

"So, what're you and Thea going to do for her birthday next week?"

"Oh, shit that's next week."

"Uh yeah it's next Saturday. April 4th stupid."

"I knew that." I swear I did, everything's just been so crazy that I forgot. Thea didn't even tell me though.

"So, there's something I should tell you." Lucy's face got really serious.

"What?" I don't like where this is going.

"Thea's mom is throwing her a surprise party..."

"And I'm not invited." I finished her sentence.

"I'm sorry. I got the invitation last week."

"It's fine. I mean I didn't really expect an invitation anyways." Lucy threw another pillow. I laughed even though I really do hate that her mom hates me this much. I can't even tell Thea because it's a surprise party. Whatever.

"It's going to be fine. Now get out of here already." Lucy laughed. We were going to Will's baseball game and we were going to pick up Molly on the way there. Thea promised Will we'd go but she's still grounded so she's making us go. Plus, the girls want to see their guys. This is going to suck.

I ended up going straight home after the game because the girls were going to eat with Matt and Jacob and Will was even going to have some girl with him to keep him company. I thought about sneaking into Thea's window but it was already late and I didn't want to just show up. I mean after all she doesn't even have her phone. I ended up lying in bed all night wallowing in self-pity because I miss her so much.

------------------------------------

I'm in 5th period listening to Mr. Saenz drone on about chemistry or something. I haven't really been listening to what he's been saying. I've been too busy drawing random doodles on the paper that I'm technically supposed to be taking notes on. I looked up and around the room to see other people actually listening and taking notes like their supposed to. Losers. I tapped my pencil on the paper and started thinking. Bad idea. I started off thinking about track but almost instantly my thoughts transitioned to Thea. Tomorrows her birthday. She hasn't actually brought it up though; I think she thinks I forgot. I know one thing I want to give her. It sucks though because we haven't actually been together because I'm not allowed over or even allowed to see her. I started staring at the clock. I have 5 minutes left in this class, thank everything in the universe. I get to see Thea next class. I really wish we could skip school again and go back to my house. The bell rang. I raced out of the classroom with half of my back pack open. I didn't care though. I practically ran to Thea's class looking for her. She was just walking out the doors when I got there.

"Woah why are you running around?" Thea laughed.

"Because I miss you." I pulled her aside and pushed her up against the lockers.

"Eli what're you doing?" At the moment I was kissing her neck and imagining my mouth between her legs.

"Nothing."

"Eli we're going to be late." God, I want to take her anywhere we can be alone. I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the closest bathrooms. We seriously need a better place to meet than the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" She had her hands crossed over her chest. She was in black tights and a white crop top.

"You want the truth?" She cocked her eyebrow and said

"Uh yeah." I took a step closer and pressed my body against hers.

"Truth is I'm picturing you and me in the back of my jeep with my head between..." At this she covered my mouth and scrunched her eyebrows. I pulled her hand off my mouth and then ran my left hand down her back so I could squeeze her ass.

"Come on. It'll be an early birthday present." I smiled.

"You know I want to. But we're at school." I groaned and put my shoulder on her head.

"But Thea, I want to make you scream." I whispered into her ear. I bit her ear lobe since I was right there.

"Stop before I can't tell you no." I put my fingers in between her tights and her stomach so I could pull her closer to me. Right as I was about to move my hands lowed I heard the door start to open. I pulled back as fast as I could and walked over to the sink. I'm so glad I did, because it was a teacher who walked in. I don't know which teacher but I know it was a teacher. When I turned back around to look at Thea she was gone. Great. Fuck everything. I walked out of the bathroom and went to class. Thea looked just as frustrated as I felt. Fuck everything.

------------------------------------

Thea's POV

"Do we have to?" I whined.

"Yes, its tradition." My father answered. Every year on my birthday my parents take me out to this little café that we love to get this amazing chocolate cake. I didn't want to come. I don't want to celebrate my birthday. There's nothing to celebrate. Things with my parents haven't been as strained but I still don't have a phone and I'm still not allowed to see Eli. This sucks. We sat at the tables that are in the café and waited for our cake. We never actually get food, just the cake for breakfast. It's tradition. When the waitress brought the cake, it had one single candle on it.

"Make a wish." My mom smiled.

"Okay." I closed my eyes and made my wish. There was only one thing I wanted. I blew out the candle and opened my eyes.

"So, what'd you wish for?" My dad asked. My mom looked at him and said

"She can't tell you or it won't come true." I looked down at the piece of cake.

"It probably won't come true anyways so I'll tell you if you want to know." My parents gave each other a sad look then looked back at me.

"Well this cake isn't going to eat itself." My dad grabbed a fork and dug in. It was already 2:30 by the time we finished with our Breakfast/Lunch. I couldn't wait to go home. I didn't want to deal with anything or anyone. I just wanted to see Eli. I'm ready to go home and be miserable all day. Fuck today.