Chapter 43

At 2:35 Eli said that we needed to start getting ready to go back to school for track. I don't know if Clark knew we weren't there all day but I know she'd rather us go to track then skip that too. I climbed out of Eli's bed and started putting my clothes back on. I already had on my pants and bra but I couldn't find my shirt. I looked at Eli and she already knew what I was thinking because she laughed and said

"They're downstairs still." I laughed remembering the event. We walked down stairs to grab our shirts. Eli and I were already at the bottom of the stairs, in only our bras, when the front door opened. I saw Eli's mom Alycia walking in with her phone at her ear and her keys in our hand. When she saw us, she gave Eli a look and told the person on the phone 'I'll call you back'. I hid behind Eli as she looked at her mom and said

"Hey what's up?" Eli walked over to her mom, gave her a kiss on the cheek then grabbed my shirt off the floor and threw it to me. She grabbed her own shirt and put it on.

"Elizabeth, I thought you said you would be back at school already?" Eli fucking told her?

"I thought we would be but I fell asleep and lost track of time. We better get going though or we're gonna be late to track." Eli gave her mom a kiss on the cheek and walked through the door. She turned around and looked at me.

"You gonna stand there all day or?" My ears were on fire as I walked by her mom. I was about to pass her when she put a hand on my shoulder and said

"Don't worry. I still like you the best." I gave her an awkward smile and walked out the door. When we were back in the jeep I turned to Eli and gave her a confused look.

"Eli you told your mom what we were doing?"

"Hey my mom still gets the calls so I had to tell her I was skipping. She just assumed the rest I guess. It's not the first time I've been caught." At this Eli started laughing to herself a little, I wanted to hit her.

"That was so embarrassing. I can still feel my ears burning." I examined them in the mirror, they were still very red.

"Babe calm down its fine. She still likes you better than anyone I've ever dated."

"Whatever you say babe."

When Eli and I got back to the school we went to the restrooms that are right next to the track so we could change. I had already grabbed my clothes out of my car so we didn't even have to go into the school. 6th period hadn't even gotten out but we were already changed and ready to go. We walked onto the track and there was no one there yet. I sat down on the turf as Eli just stared at me.

"What?" I asked

"Bet I can do a hand stand longer than you." I cocked my eyebrow and looked at her.

"Well let's just see about that." I got up and stared at her.

"Ready, set, go." Eli counted down. I put my hands over my head and threw my feet in the air. I wobbled around for about 20 seconds maybe before I fell down on my back. I sat up to see Eli still on her hands laughing as she wobbled around trying to stay up.

"I win." She laughed. I walked to her and pushed her over onto the turf. She fell over and somehow brought me down with her. We crashed to the ground laughing our asses off.

"Where the fuck have you two been?" Lucy asked as she stood next to Molly. Of course, they were the first ones on the track. Still laughing I stood up and pulled Eli up after I was standing.

"Trying to escape my life." I said honestly. Lucy and Molly gave each other a look then they both walked up to me and hugged me. I decided to let them hug me; a second later I felt Eli wrap her arms around all of us.