Chapter 31

Its finally Friday and this has been the worst week of my life. Monday was just terrible, but the rest of the week seemed to be just as bad. After Eli and I left my house and were back at hers my mother started bombarding me with texts. Things like

You didn't even ask you just left. We have talked about this.

What happened with Will he seems upset.

Thea call me

Thea text me back.

When I finally did call her back she was not happy. I explained that Will and I had a fight and that's why I just left. No way in hell I was telling her what the fight was about, although in the back of my mind I was terrified Will would tell my parents just to get back at me. He didn't though.

The days after Monday were just as annoying because it seemed like Lila was in an even bitchier mood than normal. She was constantly having something to say to me or Eli in track. The meet on Wednesday was okay until Lila and Eli started getting into it right before the 300 hurdles. And on top of all that on Thursday when I drove to school I managed to lock myself out of my car with my back pack still inside while it was pouring rain. Eli got a kick out of that, but then she drove me to my house to get the spare key. Great fucking week.

                                                                      --------------------------------------

As soon as coach blew the whistle I took off as fast as I could. I got up to my 400 pace and tried to stay focused. I got my breathing under control and I widened my stride. As I rounded the corner I could see all the girls behind me still struggling to get their pace. Eli was running right beside me. After we came up to the 250 I was dying, my legs were tightening and my lungs were burning. Eli on the other hand looked like she was having no trouble at all. She looked like she was actually enjoying this. As we came up to the last 100 Eli looked at me and smirked. As soon as she looked ahead she took off as fast as she could. No way in hell I'm letting her beat me. I kicked off with all my power and just started sprinting. My legs were working so hard I couldn't feel them so I went even faster. I caught up to Eli and in the last couple yards I passed her by maybe a couple inches.

"Good job ladies. Love to see that you guys are competing." Clark said with a hint of sarcasm. I was going to make some smart-ass comment but I couldn't breathe. I had my hands on my head and I was walking around trying to keep my legs from cramping up. Eli on the other hand was laying on the ground laughing. I walked over to her and knelt down.

"What... the hell... are you laughing... at" I was still trying to catch my breath.

"Nothing. I just love you." She smiled. I just flicked her forehead and said

"Shut up." she laughed again

"If I get a cramp I'm blaming you." That's how we ended practice. Me kneeling next to Eli, her laughing, and the rest of the team coming up behind us as they finished their last 400.

                                                                  ------------------------------------

Eli's POV

"Well you seem happy." Lucy said as we were sitting in my room.

"I mean I guess I am." I could feel my lips forming a smile as I thought about Thea. We were pretty much together, but it really bugged me that I couldn't tell everyone, that I couldn't hold her hand as we walked to class or kiss her whenever I wanted. I mean it's not like I actually asked her out or anything.