Chapter 19

Lots of love

xxx

"Hello?" Emily answered after the second ring, Billy sighing with relief that she picked up quickly. He didn't know what he would have done if no one had been home, he wanted to call her a doctor but had to refrain himself from doing so; even if he thought she looked like she needed medical attention.

"It's Billy, I need to speak with Jacob" he quickly rushed out panicked, wanting to call an ambulance but after hearing the girls request something in him knew it would be a bad idea. He had yet been told what was up with her, but he knew whatever it was had to be important for her to want to deny any treatment from even the talented leech. He couldn't help but wonder how she knew what his first moves would be. He shook it off as coincidence, Emily quickly answering when she heard the panic in his tone.

"He's not here, is everything alright Billy?" Emily asked with concern, Billy frowning at the news that his son wasn't where Brooke had clearly expected him to be. Thankfully though he could suddenly hear Sam's low voice in the background as he talked with Emily, instantly knowing that Sam would know what to do. "Who's on the phone?" was all he let Sam get out before he interrupted, not letting Emily explain as he did so.

"Emily put Sam on the phone" Billy ordered quickly, hearing the rattle of the phone changing hands before Sam's concerned voice filled the line.

"What's-"

"Look you need to get over here, now!" Billy ordered panicked, knowing that if anything happened to Brooke Jacob would flip the hell out. The girl was his sons life, his world and the thought that his son could soon lose everything was making him more and more alarmed as the time grew on.

"Why?" Sam demanded, not denying the request but wanting to know what the hell was going on so he could be prepared. It couldn't have been a threat, Quil and Paul were patrolling and hadn't howled for help so La Push was more than a little safe.

"I don't know, fuck. Look Brooke just collapsed, she said Jacob was with you" he quickly rushed out, his eyes never leaving the unconscious girl as she didn't so much as twitch. Billy heard Sam shout a 'fuck' before saying they were heading over, Seth and Leah going to track down Jacob as the phone went dead.

Sam swore when he heard the news, knowing exactly where Jacob was since he let it slip when they were patrolling not to mention the Bella girl wouldn't shut up about it at the bonfire. Why that boy puts himself through her company was beyond him, instead of looking forward to it like he used to he was dreading leaving his imprint after inviting her round yet he still puts himself through the leech-lovers company.

Shaking his head he quickly grabbed the first aid kit Emily had under the sink…filling in his own imprint on the situation at hand as he did so. He knew he had to get around to Billy's as quickly as possible, the fact that Billy seemed more than a little panicked on the phone meaning that it had to be serious to have the normally calm elder so wound up.

"I'm coming with you" Emily quickly stated in a tone which Sam knew he had no hope in hell getting around even if he tried, his imprint having been a nurse when she was younger before giving it up and moving in with Sam on the reservation when she found out about them being soul-mates. She knew she could help, plus the last thing she wanted was to have to sit and worry about the poor girl when there was something that she could do. No, it was final she was going whether Sam liked it or not.