Chapter 28

It was a few days later until Brooke finally couldn't take it anymore

It was a few days later until Brooke finally couldn't take it anymore. She had managed to convince Sue to help her with her leg after some help from the guys with dragging Jacob into the woods when he had actually made an attempt to attack Sue in retaliation. None of them were surprised, but the fact that they had barely managed to keep a strong enough grip on him to keep him away was what had them all aware of. Sam had told her that he was finally coming into his alpha heritage, meaning that soon it would be impossible to try and order him since his wolf would out right refuse to listen to the authority due to wanting to be in charge. She had found the whole thing incredibly interesting.

Since the incident had occurred she had been unable to do anything for herself, she had yet to tell Jacob what had happened but she knew it wouldn't be long until he demanded to know everything. She wouldn't keep it from him any longer; she knew she wouldn't be able to.

That wasn't what had her annoyed beyond belief though, she may love Jacob with everything in her heart but she was more than a little irritated with him at the moment. It was down to the fact that since her incident he had refused to leave her, quite literally.

If she went to the shower he was there, if she went to the toilet then she had to be sneaky about it since she knew if she let him then he would watch her and there were just some things that were just meant to stay private.

It wasn't that she didn't like having him around, she loved it but there was only so much a girl could take before she cracked. Not to mention he was missing school which neither Billy nor herself were happy with, she may not have a hope in hell of graduating but she knew he did, even if he had a few years left in education.

With a sigh she pinched the bridge of her nose as she leant on her elbows, not liking that she was the cause for Jacob missing so much school. Billy had already been on the phone with the principle and while he had tried to explain, it was clear that he was missing a lot and needed to go back.

So with that on her mind she sat up straight in the kitchen chair and waited for Jacob to finish making some dinks before approaching the topic, wanting to get it dealt with since she was more than capable of looking after herself since her leg was now fine and she only had a few bumps and bruises which would be gone in no time.

"There you go, baby" Jacob grinned as he placed a hot chocolate on the table, his wolf purring at the action of taking care of his mate as he was unaware of her previous thoughts. He knew he was being incredibly over protective but he couldn't help it, especially when the bruises still remained marking his mates soft skin as they did.

"Thanks sweetness, but we need to talk" Brooke stated with a small smile, knowing how much he was about to protest and wanting to try and lighten the mood as well as prepare herself for the argument that was surely about to follow.