Chapter 38

The room seemed to go quiet after that declaration; Jacob knowing as soon as the words passed his lips that he had only made his relationship with Brooke worse. He didn't like it, didn't like how he could feel how badly he seemed to be hurting her and not having a clue in the world of how to make it better.

"Brooke…" was all he got out before his girl quietly slid past everyone and slid into the bathroom, the door shutting with a gentle click as the room remained silent.

"Well, you fucked up there mate" Paul snorted after a few minutes had gone by, but even the most vicious member of the back looked unnerved by what was happening in front of him.

Jacob couldn't even bring himself to growl as he slumped down in a seat and ran a hand through his ink black hair. How had he messed up so suddenly? And more importantly, how on earth did he fix his mistake?

"God, she is such a drama queen."

At Bella's muttered comment it seemed everyone turned to glare in her direction, suddenly making her seem very small as even the kind hearted Seth had narrowed his eyes at her. It was surreal.

"I think it would be best if you left, Bella" Emily finally worked up the courage to ask, her hand slipping into Sam's as she drew courage from him. She as well didn't like this sudden turn of events.

Bella's eyes widened in shock at the request before she shrugged it off, "I'm fine here, Emily."

"Maybe," the current alpha female murmured. "But I really think it would be best for everyone if you spent some time away from the pack" she suggested before glancing around to see if everyone else agreed. The nods from the other wolves said as much.

Sensing this as well Bella huffed, standing to her feet with a sneer before stomping over to where Jacob was still sloughed in his seat with a pained expression on his face. "Are you going to let them kick me out?" she demanded causing Jacob to shrug.

"Honestly Bella, I think it's for the best at the moment" he finally related causing everyone to breathe a sigh of relief that Jacob had made the obviously right choice and that he wasn't going to make things worse by sticking by Bella when his own mate was in such a state over it.

Shock filled Bella before she hissed; making a move to leave the house but not before she threw a comment over her shoulder. "Whether you admit it or not Jacob I know you still care about me, if not you wouldn't have told you're so called girlfriend how much you care about me to her face."

No one stopped her as she left, not that she really expected it but even so Bella knew that she was indeed right about her feelings for Jacob and his for her. If you loved someone you didn't treat them like that. So with that she headed to her truck with a grin on her face, not realising just how hypocritical she was actually being.