Chapter 36

Jacob couldn't help but feel his heart clench slightly as he took in the disappointment in his imprints bright silver eyes, her perfectly groomed brows pulled together into a tight frown as she straddled his thighs but no longer seemed to be in the mood for a morning delight. He didn't blame her, he sounded like a jerk.

"You said you would take me shopping" Brooke frowned, remembering when Jacob had offered and she had excitedly accepted. Why was he suddenly changing his plans? Had he grown annoyed with her already?

"I know, but Bella's coming round and-" he started before cutting himself off when he saw his imprint making a move to get off him, his lustful mood already having drained away as he took note of her grabbing her clothes before throwing a dressing gown around her petite form. "Brooke," he tried again only to have a door slammed shut in his face.

Shit.

Rubbing his face with his hands he slumped back against the bed, his head hitting the pillow as he sighed out loudly. Fuck, he was in deep shit. Just the thought of his imprint not being happy with him was something he didn't want to even think about, let long have to suffer through it. Brooke had a way of making you feel guilty without even saying a word; you just feltit.

Not knowing what else to do he threw his legs over the side of his unmade bed before rising to his feet, quickly tugging on a pair of loose shorts before pulling at his hair in frustration.

Heading into the kitchen he took note of his father sitting at the kitchen table in his wheel chair, a newspaper spread out on the table with a cup of coffee already brewed and in his hand.

"Morning," Billy greeted when he took note of his son by the door.

With a grunt Jacob sloughed opposite him, resting his head in his hands as he listened to Brooke banging around in the bathroom.

"What's up with you?" Billy asked frowned, stunned with his sons strange behaviour.

"Bella," was all he got as a reply.

"What about her?"

At this Jacob sighed, letting his gaze fall onto his fathers pursed lips before confessing. "She's coming round apparently."

"Why? I thought you were spending the day with Brooke?" Billy replied with a raised brow.

"I was, but Bella kind of invited herself over."

"I don't know why you put up with her company Jacob, I really don't. After everything she put you through she doesn't deserve to take advantage of you yet again, especially since the packs already dealing with the Victoria problem at the minute" Billy explained, glancing towards the bathroom when he heard the shower turn on.