Chapter 30

"Calm down babe, they're going to love you" Jacob tried to sooth his panicking imprint as he drove her towards the tribal council hall for the meeting

"Calm down babe, they're going to love you" Jacob tried to sooth his panicking imprint as he drove her towards the tribal council hall for the meeting. He had instantly headed over towards Sam's as soon as school had finished, greeting Brooke with a kiss that had left her panting for more. It was a shame that they were on such a tight schedule, what with the meeting going to end up running on longer due to Brooke's gift having to be explained to the elders and such.

"I can't help it, I have a feeling something's going to go wrong" Brooke muttered, she had a really bad feeling that this wasn't going to go as smoothly as she had hoped.

"Did you see anything?" Jacob asked concerned, having complete and utter faith in her.

"Not concerning this" she muttered before smiling brightly as she looked at him. "Do you think Paul will mind if I decorate his house for him?" she asked randomly, knowing that Paul hated where he lived due to calling it a shack. She had been there before and honestly it wasn't that bad, it just needed a bit of tender loving care if she was being honest with herself.

"Urm…why?" Jacob couldn't help but ask curiously.

"I just think it would look nicer with some TLC" she stated slyly causing him to look at her strangely before his eyes widened with amusement.

"You know something don't you, come on what is it?" he asked her, knowing it had something to do with what she saw in the canteen when he was walking her out.

"Nope"

"Come on" he pleaded with a smile, "you know you want to tell me" he continued, finding his curiosity getting the better of him.

"Nope, but what do you think?" she asked, wanting his opinion before she approached Paul. She didn't want him to think she thought low of his home when really it was a nice place, a little out of shape due to neglect but it was still nice, homely.

"What about asking Paul?" he asked causing her to nod, "I doubt he will mind, actually I remember it running through his thoughts when we were on patrol about asking for your opinion after he saw how you helped with my dad's kitchen. Billy's grateful by the way, he loves it" Jacob grinned cheekily causing her to wave it off dismissively.

"Nah, it was nothing. So you think he will be ok with it?" she repeated nervously, hoping that she wouldn't upset Paul if she asked. He meant to much to her, the thought of him being upset with her didn't sit well with her at all.

"He'd love it babe, stop worrying" Jacob soothed her, taking a hand off the steering wheel and placing it on her bare knee causing her to shudder at the sudden change of temperature.