Chapter 35

Knowing that his imprint would be arriving any minute Jacob allowed himself to relax his large form, effectively calming his wolf with the thought that she would be at his side soon where she belonged.

It still surprised him no end of how dependant he actually was on her, how he couldn't be happy unless she was and if he felt she was threatened in any way then he instantly felt his wolf coming to the surface. However he found he didn't mind, actually liking how easily he could feel her emotions since it made him feel almost settled to know that she was bubbling away at the edge of his mind. It made him happy.

Shaking his head he let his eyes trail over to the smaller bonfire which was visible down the other end of the beach, it not being as large as their own but then again they had the whole inhuman strength on their side meaning that when it came to building a fire as big as their own it was hardly an effort on their part.

He knew that unfortunately Bella would be attending the Forks bonfire and he hoped against hope that she would stay with her own friend's for the night, finding himself not in the mood to be nice to her when he wanted to give all his attention to the girl he was going to spend the rest of his life with.

Knowing though that it was probably too much to hope for he shifted slightly on the log he was sitting on before watching as both Seth and Leah set up the table where the food would go, the girls having said they would bring it with them as soon as they had gotten ready.

He had agreed along with both Jared and Sam reluctantly; not having wanted them to strain themselves but not wanting to be on the receiving end of one of their 'women are just as capable as men' speeches that they knew Leah would end up subjecting them to.

"You alright, mate?" Sam asked as he took a seat next to him, a wide smile on his face as he couldn't help but be relieved that he and Emily may be able to produce an heir to his family line after all.

"Yea" was all Jacob replied, "how you holding up?"

"Good, just relieved with the whole Brooke explaining her theory of what is most likely the problem. I mean it makes sense, doesn't it?" he asked eagerly, finding that he didn't mind talking about it now even though he had felt uncomfortable doing so beforehand.

"I guess, I mean when has Brooke ever been wrong before?" Jacob grinned, pride filling him when he thought of his petite but heavy chested mate.

"Exactly" Sam beamed, looking out towards the fire only for his gaze to travel towards the other party further down the beach. "You know I have no idea why they don't just go to their own beach, it's not like they don't have one down Forks?" he muttered with distain, taking note of how slutty the females were dressed as well as the smell of alcohol which their delicate senses could already pick up on. It was only half eight for fucks sake, wasn't it a bit early in the night for getting hammered instantly like they were doing?