ENDTAKE Chapter 53

"Mommy! Mommy!"

"Mommy! Mommy!"

Brooke smiled as she heard her sons loud shouts from the living room. With a brief glance at the clock she knew that it would be a good few hours before her mate and husband was home from patrolling. He may be the new alpha, but that didn't mean he slacked on his duties.

"What's the matter sweetpea," she dried her hands before making her way towards her son. "Mummy's cooking."

Smiling at Billy who was watching the sports intently on the screen, Brooke shook her head as she caught sight of Liam curled up on the floor, his little pink tongue poking out of his mouth as he scribbled on the white paper with his colouring pencils.

Her little boy was growing up fast that was for sure.

At seven years old he was slowly but surely filling out a little bit more. Not much considering he was still a child, but to her he was getting bigger every day.

"Whens daddy home?"

"Daddy's got a few hours yet, sweetie" she looked at him fondly.

Her smile dropped when she felt a slight tingling behind the back of her eyes. "Billy," her voice was flat. "Do you mind keeping an extra eye on Liam for a moment?"

Billy, having heard her usually bubbly tone dropping in such a way before, simply nodded before wheeling over to interact with his grandson. He did love to spend time with the boy.

With that sorted Brooke managed to get just out of view before her eyes clouded over, her posture stiffening much to her lack of knowledge as she saw the unwanted yet useful images flicker behind her eyes as if they were fragments of a movie, a memory…

The years had not changed the fact she was a seer.

While the visions had become less frequent due to the lack of vampires, she had managed to master her gift to a certain extent. Instead of it creeping up on her without so much as a warning, she had narrowed down the small, barely identifiable tingling which was present seconds before a vision.

It wasn't much, but it was enough.

Her baby knew of it of course, so he didn't freak out. He also knew that whenever it happened he had to stay close to his mother and not move until she told him to.

She would not risk his safety for anything.

She snapped out of it with a gasp.

Quickly dashing to the kitchen phone she dialled the familiar number, knowing that even on Patrol Jacob would answer it. He knew she wouldn't call if she hadn't had a vision, he had probably already sensed it.