Chapter One

"Whoever puts his reliance on God, then He is sufficient for him." Quran: 65:3

🥂Here's to all the amazing people going through a lot, you should know that you're not alone, Allah is with you, and wallahi they're a lot of people going through the same as you or worse and by Allah i personally think you're strong and beautiful.

(Idk but i feel like Samir looks or rather act like 'Harden' aka 'Hero ft' the one that was in the movie 'After')

Samirs pov

Click.

I snap another picture with the camera my dad got me on my graduation day this year.

It's a beautiful Thursday evening, the sun is about to set, i am walking alone as usual in the park near our house, snapping random pictures for memories.

I shut the camera, hang it around my neck and continue strolling the peaceful abandoned area, thinking about all sort of random things, good and bad, it's basically what i do every single day for as long as i can remember.

Well, that's what any human would do, if he or she has no friends.

I like the peaceful serene, the quietness and the almost emptiness of this place, that's why i made it my hideout, i come here alone 'almost' everyday, when I'm feeling down or thinking about them, i think alone and dribble ball alone.

I walk to the far end of the abandoned park where the basket ball field is located and pick a basketball and start dribbling it after placing my camera and jacket on the benches, it's a lil chilly here in London today.

I play alone as usual, dribbling the ball and throwing it in the basket, i missed few tho, but imma' a pro, not to brag tho.

I continue playing,

"Oh Samir, you really suck, is it that hard to admit defeat." He says with a chuckle, effortlessly dribbling the ball, "You bet it is." I snort and he throw the ball and it skillfully went through the basket.

"Oh i am jealous." I said, my voice held amusement tho; "When are you never?" He doubled his laughter and pass the ball to me, i roll my eyes at him and start dribbling the ball, raising my leg and passing the ball through it and then throw it and it luckily went through the basket, i did a happy dance and he laughed, i join him, "Oh look who isn't a sucker in b-ball." I pinch his cheeks, he swat my hands, "Oh hush, it's my coaching so you're welcome." He wink at me and stuck his tongue out.

I shake my head at him; "when will ya' grow up?"

"We're age mates dumbo." He throws a towel at me, i wipe my sweat with it, we've been playing for quite a while.

"Whatever, bottle water?" I ask him and he nod, i gave him the water and he pour half of it on his head before drinking the rest.

We sat in silence.

A few minutes later; "Let's go home." I said, "Up up we go, i am hungry." He whine and i had to drag him.

I dribble the ball hard, harder than anyone has ever in this world, heck i am not even playing, i am venting my frustration, that's how i work.

I kept on throwing the ball, hitting the basket and sometimes it will fly across the park and i will pick another ball and do the same, i find peace doing it.

An hour or so later, the sun has already set, and i am kinda tired so i sat on one of the bleaches, drinking water.

I sigh, how time flies, it's scary.