Chapter Twenty Eight

"And those who believe and do righteous deeds- we will surely remove from them their misdeeds and will surely reward them according to the best of what they used to do." Quran; 29:7

Allah is indeed the most merciful.

Samirs pov

Honestly i thought i am used to the term- you know, death.

But apparently i am not, i thought after losing my mum and siblings I'll get used to it, or- or maybe after we've lost Baba, Uncle Ibrahims dad, but no! Never!

My best friends death hit me, very hard, like a filled up truck, i couldn't move, numb? Yes, maybe numb was the only emotion i will be able to explain my state back then.

It has been almost 8 months since he left, and i swear to the One whom my life is in His hands that life hasn't been the same, just view it like a snail is finally out of its shell and be back in it without any warnings.

I miss him so much, and Wallahi since the day he died i haven't stopped praying for him, he made me view life from another perspective which i will forever be grateful to him.

He made me admit my feelings to Nihal, he supported me, even though he had feelings for her too, true friend alert?

Heck yes!

As weird as it may sound i never wish to be in their position, i know one day I'll return to my Maker as well, but some people after losing their loved ones, they wish it was the other way round.

But no, not to me, it only made my Imaan strong and,

And made me realize the true meaning of life, and that i shouldn't waste mine and continue to thank Allah for the gift of life for i am lucky to be alive.

I know it may not make sense to you, but that's only because you haven't went through what I've went through, life is beautiful,

Never perfect,

Never fair,

But beautiful.

I close my journal, and put it back inside my bedside drawer.

I remove my cloths, wrap a small towel around my waist and walk to the bathroom, a warm shower will help.

Three minutes later, i walk out of the bathroom, what? Are you surprised? I ain't no girl so 3 minutes is enough for me.

I dressed up and recite a bit of The Holy Book before maghrib,

It's a gift from mama Zainab, once i heard the Adhaan i close the Quran and walk downstairs to pray.

Abhi hasn't been feeling well lately so he barely goes to the masjid, today i decide to pray with them in the living room.

He led the prayer.

I prayed nafl and said my azkhar.

"Samir have you eaten?" Mama asks, folding her prayer mat.

"You haven't cooked dinner yet." I replied, she smack my head: "Silly boy, you know i meant lunch." I grin at her.

"Oh, yes!" I smirk at her, Abhi shook his head while standing up; "Lets go have dinner outside today." He says, picking up the car keys, i stood up, wrap my arms around him,

"Now we're talking old man." I wink at him, "Hey! I am not old." He said,

"My husband isn't old Samir, so hush!" Said mama Zainab, i shrug and we all walk out of the house.