Chapter Twelve

"He indeed shall be successful who purifies himself." Suratul A'ala; verse: 14.

No matter what you are doing, or what you will do, always do it with pure intention, for He Jalla Jalal looks at your intentions.

Norahs pov

'Life is too short, so live your life with those who love you.'

My cousin once told me, almost two years ago i think, she is of course from my dads side. She told me that when i was complaining to her about Zahra, and now as i ponder about the meaning behind the words, i am seeing or rather viewing it in another perspective which actually makes sense.

Life's too short to worry about other people yeah?

You were created in the first place to worship Allah, so why bother about what people think of you? As far as you know what you're doing is not against your religion, then i think you're good to go, what people think doesn't matter.

A small smile grace my lips, i have a brother, both parents and cousins, Alhamdulillah so why should i let what others think of me get to me? I mean people will always judge you plus everyone has different way of thinking right?

Tons of people love me for who i am yea? So ima' try spending more time with them.

I stretch my hands and place them at the back of my neck, I'm in my room, yes my room, we came back from Egypt two days ago, and i couldn't be more happier, well..don't get me wrong i kinda enjoyed my stay there but still my maternal family are something else.

I am writing an essay, it's the assignment our English teacher gave us, almost 600 words, i am so tired, i close the book and almost run downstairs.

Aunt Rauda is here with Amira, she is my mums sister, cousin i mean, they grew up together so they're more like sisters.

"Aunt Noorie come here." Amira says cheerfully, she's taking cereal.

Oh! How i miss Abubakar.

"Hey girl." I walk to her and place a gentle kiss on her hair, it smells nice.

"You done with your assignment?" My mum asks me as i sat close to her, i shook my head; "Ya Rahman! When will you stop being lazy ukhti(sister)" Yunus exclaim exaggeratedly.

I roll my eyes at him and throw a pillow at him; "At least I'm better than you." I said and close my eyes.

Aunt Rauda chuckle, "When will you guys grow up?" She amusedly ask.

I scoff; "This girl here is 18." I said at the same time Yunus said; "I'm a grown up, ask uncle Ibrahim."

13 year old grown up? I get it!

She laughs: "I'm a big girl right mummy?" Amira says with mouthful of cereal in her mouth, "Yes baby." Her mother said and they high five(d) each other.

"Table manners habibti." Yunus said while caressing her hair, he actually likes kids.

He has a soft spot for 'em.

He turns to look at me and then he winked; "You see, ima' a grown up." He grin, both my mum and aunt burst out laughing, and i just shake my head at him.

I mean it's not even funny yea?

We continue talking, laughing and teasing one another, we even figured out that Aunt Rauda is expecting, how exciting?

Amira looks genuinely excited at the mention of her getting a baby brother, i mean who wouldn't? (A/N; Ya Allah bless me with a bouncing baby brother😂❤️)