Chapter Two

"But Allah is your protector and he is the best of helpers." Surah: Al-imran, verse; 150.

You're not alone, someone is having it worse, always thank Allah.

Norahs pov

I am lying on my bed munching my doritos with my laptop in front of me, i am on a video call with my friend.

"Norry bear are you even listening?" Breanna says from the other end of the line looking annoyed; "I am, go for the pink dress." I tell my best friend.

Breanna is my best friend, we've been together since elementary school almost 10 years now, she's so beautiful Masha Allah, and she has been my support system ever since, she's very nice wallahi.

"I thought as much too, but the black one is cute too." She says, touching the dresses.

I am helping her dress up for prom, i am not going, we had our graduation dinner last week, and i don't really fancy parties.

"I prefer the pink one tho, it'll match with your hair." I giggle, throwing a doritos in my mouth, she dyed her hair pink, well not all, just a few strands.

She giggles too; "Right, plus David likes pink." She scream and burst out laughing, David is her prom date, you don't wanna know her reaction when he asked her, omg!

"Course' now go take a shower, Dave will be at your door step in few minutes." I said to her, her eyes widened: "You're right, damn, i gotta go then, bye Norah, thank you." She blows kisses to me, i chuckle, "Anytime love, you gon' tell me all the details about what happens." I wink at her, she shakes her head at me, "Ya' know it." She flash me a smile before ending the call.

I sigh and bury my face with my pillow.

I can't believe I'm a graduate, it feels like we just started high school yesterday, yea exaggeration, lol.

I stood up from my lying position and walk to the bathroom, i took a warm bath, did wudhu and exit the bathroom, well... not literally exit, I enter my walk in closet, it's linked with my bathroom.

I dressed casually, sweat pants with baggy hoodie, i tie my long black hair in a high ponytail.

Just as i walk out of the closet someone knock on my door; "Come in." I yell; "I was gonna anyways." My thirteen year old brother, Yunus says as he jumped on my bed.

I raise my eyebrows at him; "Since when did my bed turn to trampoline?" He smirk; "Since when you became my best friend." I flick his forehead with my index finger and sat beside him.

"We're siblings not best friends." I mockingly smile at him.

We're the only kids my parents have, we're a happy family of four, both my parents are Egyptians, but we barely even go there, heck Yunus has never been there, we're living here in London. Our parents loves us so much, they actually thought they would never have kids, they had me after almost 15 years of their marriage.

He pinch my cheeks and pout; "But you're my best friend." I giggle and kiss his cheeks, "You're my best friend too, Yunii."

"Don't call me that." He frown, "Aww is Yunii annoyed?" I laugh.

"I'm here to play game." He says, "Aren't you suppose to be doing your homework?"

"Oh teacher, I'm done with it." He roll his eyes, i stand up and so does he, i drape my arms around his shoulders and we walk out of my room to the basement where all the video games are.