Chapter Thirteen

'Ya Allah...when my bones are lying in the soil, when I'm long forgotten grant me people who will make dua for me, Amin.'

Always choose the people you associate yourself with wisely, ask yourself are they really going to pray for you after your death? If not, then do not even hesitate in parting ways with them, because they are not the type of people you need in your life, May Allah make every situation on us easy and may He grant us good ending, Amin.

Samirs pov

As i gaze up at the starless dark sky, i can't help the smile or frown, i really don't know which, that graze my lips.

It's almost 3am, i am walking aimlessly in the school premises, i couldn't sleep so i just decide to stroll a bit, and no i didn't have a nightmare, just naturally.

Wait, can you not be able to sleep naturally? I doubt.

I continue walking in the silent late night, with only the sound of bats flying, do they even make any sound? Goodness it seems like i am not thinking straight.

The water fountain in the middle of the schools premises is changing colors and the water keeps flowing without any care to the world, i wish, i really do that we can exchange life with it, so lucky.

I walk ever so slowly to the basketball court, i sat on the bleachers, resting my head, i am so tired, i wanna sleep.

I remove my AirPods and stuff them in my pajama pockets, i was listening to Suratul Yaseen, by Allah it calms me down all the time, it's my all time favorite, I've memorized it because of how much i listened to it. I bring out my phone from my pocket and a smile grace my lips as i see my wallpaper, it's Affan, the gorgeous baby alive, Aunt Sarahs.

He is almost two months old now, he is amazing, he really is a blessing in the couples life, in mine as well.

All of sudden i do not mind babysitting, even though he is such a cry baby, he is a baby right? I shake my head at my thought as i pause the recitation.

My finger tap on the message app, all the messages are unread, not that i have many, 7 I think, I've been moody for the past few days so i do not respond to them, i just don't feel like it, and just like that i press the home button.

I pick a basketball that's under the bleachers and start rolling it on my finger, yes finger. I stood up after putting my phone back in my pocket and removing my hoodie, i tie it around my waist and i start dribbling the ball, i even did a 360 while dribbling it.

And just like that i find my self kicking the ball, i don't know why, but i admire it when Arman is training.

Yes weird, i know.

I kick, dribble, throw and roll the ball for quite a while, heck for a while, till i heard the adhaan of fajr from my phone.

Wow. I've been out here for a long time.

I wipe my sweat and walk to the cafeteria to drink water before i walk back to our room. Arman is already up praying, he didn't bother to say anything to me, and i just enter the bathroom to perform wudhu, i came out, prayed my salah, said my duas and azkhar and last i text my dad instead of the call i made a routine since i came to this school.

Just not in the mood to talk.

With that i lie down on my bed, probably i will be able to sleep, i don't have any class today.

I shut my eyes, saying my dhikr.

***

The week or weeks went by in a blur with me not speaking to anyone except if necessary, Arman talks to me tho, and he always gets the silent treatment but it doesn't make him stop, every single day when we come back to our room he starts telling me about his day, i listen but never respond, i sometimes find myself smiling tho, he is such an amazing soul, he really is a keeper, he won't mind about your condition he just lives the moment with you and that's one thing i like the most about him.