Chapter Twenty Four

"Oh Allah! Don't let my heart get attached to what's not mine."
Amin.

Nothing hurts more than getting attached to what's not yours, it takes a lot of time to get over it, in fact getting attached in general isn't healthy, at least from my own perspective.

Norahs pov

I clutch the necklace Samir gave me on my birthday last year, i clutched it tightly because i don't wanna do what i am thinking with my hands right now.

Because Allah knows my hands are itching.

I glare at the boy in front of me, i am beyond disappointed,

I never knew he'd stoop this low, what's wrong with him?

"Norah—" I cut him off with a shake of my head, "Don't." I said to him, my eyes filled with unshed tears.

"At least listen to his explanations h—" I cut them mid-sentence again.

"Norah please listen to me." He walks closer to me.

"Don't." I repeat, taking a step backwards.

"You know what, i don't need to explain myself to you, you aren't my mum anyways." He yelled- and i find my palms making contact with his face, it has been itching for a while anyways.

He place his hands on his cheek, looking at me with an unbelievable look: "You slapped me?" Yunus, my brother questions, "Yes! And i will do it again." I raise my hand to slap him again but someone took hold of it.

"Samir stay out of this." I almost yell at him.

"I won't, you need to calm down." He says, letting go of my hands.

I chuckle- humorlessly; "Calm down you say? Just go!"

Yunus is looking at me, his eyes too filled with tears, he won't deceive me with his innocence no more.

"They're blackmailing me Norah, they want 50pounds.."

"No, no, we can't, if Baba reports to the principal, Norah I'll be dead."

I laughed, humorless of course, how can i believe him blindly like this?

I am starting to believe all these Instagram posts,

"If you decide to be always kind, then you're in for disappointment."

The time has surely come, because i am beyond disappointed.

Tears are streaming down my cheeks like waterfall, and this fool of a brother seems unbothered.

Gambling?

"You're better than this Yunus." I whisper.

He hissed; and Samir wrap his arms around me, i hugged him back weeping, he rub my back soothingly.

I pulled back to vent the rest of my anger on Yunus.

Samir shook his head; "No, Nihal, keep your cool."

"Cool? Just shut the hell up Samir." I replied him harshly.

I don't even know why, i mean he just trying to be here for me.

"It's not your 16 year brother who gambles and smokes, so please stay out of it." I added.

Yes Yunus gambles, can you imagine, he has been lying to us- me especially, he has no bullies in fact they're his bros, they smoke together, they even do drugs, who knows if Yunus does as well?