Chapter Twenty One

"Indeed Qiyamah(last hour) is approaching, so pardon(who wrong you) with most graceful pardon( without revenge)." Quran 15:85

Allah is the most forgiving and He loves the people who forgive one another, come to think of it, what's the point of holding grudges? Life is too short for that.

Samirs pov

The one year old kid jumping and dancing around the premises of his home, it's his first birthday and he is over excited.

He has been screaming and playing with balloons.

Yes Affan is already a year old, how time flies, Ya Allah it's scary, i vividly remember the day he was born, heck i can even remember the day his mum told he she was pregnant with him.

May Allah bless him endlessly with long life and prosperity.

Sitting at the back alone, sipping the strawberry drink Aunt Tee brought to me and watching the kids playing.

They look so so carefree like how lucky are they?

"Samir your family are dope." Arman says, walking towards me from the kitchen, yes he is here for the weekend- we both are.

"And for the millionth time it's her sons birthday so it's a no for you." I said to him, rolling my eyes, so because he is so stupid he likes Aunt Sarah.

My friend winks as he sat beside me; "Allah knows best." He smirks, sipping his drink, i shake my head at him.

He will never be serious.

*

And just like that the celebration came to an end, we had a lot of fun, Affan cut his cakes and we all ate, his dad bought him an electric car as a birthday gift, and the kids joy knew no bound.

"Samir and Arman dinner is ready." Announced mama Zainab from the dinning area, yes we came back home earlier and both her and dad are in the kitchen.

Arman almost jump; "Food is ready." He says walking away, not even waiting for me.

I stood up and walk towards my family, all of us sited eating the delicious food cooked by my step mother.

She really is a good cook.

"You both are resuming school tomorrow?" Abhi asks, chewing.

"Are you tired of us?" I ask at the same time mama Zainab scold him; "No talking while eating." She says, rolling her eyes.

Abhi roll his eyes at her as well, "Nah i am not tired of y'all, just want some alone time with my wife." My old dad says with a wink, i can't fight the smile that grace my lips.

Alhamdulillah he is much much more better now.

"Waqah(shameless)" Says mama Zainab throwing a napkin at Abhi, Arman burst out laughing, i can't help but chuckle as well.

We finished eating and move to the living room after helping Mama with the dishes, who would have thought that Arman has sense?

All seated in the living chatting about life and a lot more of random things, with laughs here and there when my phone start ringing.

My cheeks warmed up after seeing the caller, and no i am not blushing.

"Excuse me." I murmured and make my way up stairs without waiting for their replies.

"Hello." I said immediately after i pick the call.

"Hello Samir, how are you doing?" Nihal asks, i close the door of my room and walk to sit on my bed with a smile on my face.