Chapter Twenty Seven

"Every soul shall taste death." Quran.

Death is inevitable, sudden and unannounced, Allah takes one soul when He thinks it is the right time to go back to his/her Maker.
May Allah be pleased with us when we return back to Him, Amin.

You might need tissues munchkins😉😭

Norahs pov

Salma and Brea are here, consoling me.

It's not working though, i don't know, Subahanallah! I cannot believe this, tears are flowing down my cheeks like waterfall.

No, this isn't true, they're lying to me, a sob escape my lips, i clasp my mouth with my hand, Salma hugged me and i lean my head on her shoulders.

She caress her hands up and down my arm; "Shh!" She murmurs brokenly and i don't know why but that only made me sob loudly.

I kept my head on Salmas shoulder, she's crying too, i mean who wouldn't?

He is— i mean was such a nice soul.

I shook my head while the tears continue to fall off my eyes, this can't be happening, and no- i am not questioning Allah.

It's just- it's just, very hard to believe.

It's been 5 days now, and i am still i denial, i don't know about the rest, but me i am not believing what that stupid Samir said with cracked voice.

He hasn't been himself too, heck he has shut everyone out again, even his phone is switched off.

"It's time Norah, they are outside." Yunus says from the entrance of my room, he spoke extremely quite, he is also heartbroken.

Again, who wouldn't?

I stood up, wiping my tears with my sleeve and we walk downstairs, my mum engulf me in a hug, i stood numb.

"Allah loves him more Norah, pray for him, stop crying." She says,

She won't get it, they all won't.

She pulled away and i continue walking like a lifeless person, instead of making my way to my friends car i enter Breas instead, i cannot bear to be that close with them, they all— they all remind me of him.

Quietly with tears running down my cheeks, she drove out of our neighborhood following Abbakar, as he is the only one that knows the way to the graveyard.

Another silent sob left my mouth, Inna lil lahi wainna ilaihirraji'un(To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return).

Breanna stretch her hands to wipe my tears, i turn to look at the window, seeing his face so closed up, as if, if i stretch my hands a bit I'll touch him, he has a beautiful smile like always, he is- was the most jovial person i have ever met in my life.

And omg! Referring him to as past tense is making my throat burn, the lump isn't helping as well.

I wipe my tears when we arrive and i got out of the car, my eyes fell on a broken Samir, i manage a small smile when he looked my way.

The least i could do to him is be strong for him, for he has went through a lot.

We all walk silently to our dear friends grave, my vision blurred as tears filled it once again, omg! No, Rab! No, please.

"Assalamu Alaikum." Abbakar says with the softest voice ever, his eyes— all of us look extremely broken.

He is— was—