Chapter Two

Evie POV
When I came home from my very first day I immediately called my parents. It was actually nice hearing their voices and about what I've missed the whole day. Still I am glad I am not there, being there would not help our relationship at all.
I took off all of my work clothes and changed into shorts and a big T-shirt, which were my comfort clothes. Then I rolled myself, similar to a sushi roll, into my big fluffy blanket and resumed about my day. Not going to lie tomorrow will be even scarier. I am of course grateful and honoured that Elizabeth trusts my abilities so much, that I am allowed to join in on the big group project so quickly but this also means that I won't get to adjust into this new job at all. They expect me to be perfect and that's what I will have to deliver. This thought made my anxiety kick in a little bit.

My palms started to sweat and my body grew slowly but gradually colder to the point where I was shaking. My chest closed up and I had trouble breathing through the big lump that was forming in my throat. You can do this Evie. I tried to console myself and calm myself down but my heart was beating at an immense speed and my ears started to ring as well. With blurry vision I reached for my phone opening my chat with Jake. "Jake please tell me something nice.", I texted hoping he would be online. Thankfully, he was.
Jake knew exactly what was going on when I text him this but he also knows that I don't want to talk about my current situation, which would eventually just get worse from thinking about it more, but instead needed a distraction.

"Of course. I was out today and I nearly ran over a cat with my car but luckily I managed to slam the brakes. When I got out to check on it the cat was very cuddly and happy and just wanted to play. I kinda reminded me of you. I just got it off the streets for it to be safe then and then I played with it for half an hour."
This immediately made me feel better because my mind was off of these haunting thoughts of not being good enough but on Jake's cute story. This is even better when you consider that Jake really isn't one to cuddle. He actually tries to give off a bad boy vibe but I am not sure it actually works. The girls all say it does but for me he will always be just dorky Jake, who cares too much sometimes.

"Thank you.", I text him after my breathing has finally stabilised.
"I'm always there for you. Are you okay again?"
"I think so."
With that I close the app and turn on some soft music. Time to make something off of the rest of this day until I have to go to sleep.

I cook myself a light meal and take a bath afterwards. Hopefully I will be able to conquer tomorrow.

— — — —
Seems like I am able to do this. Everyone I've met so far is super nice to me and they've made if fairly easy for me to ease into their group project. I haven't met everyone yet, though. As I am finishing up my notes, that we have just discussed in a quick meeting I hear the white door opening. Before I am even able to look up I am hit by a strong wave of masculine expensive perfume and it smells surprisingly intoxicating. Heavy, authorial footsteps enter the room and I suddenly feel very small.

Finishing my last sentence I force myself to look up from my notebook and face my colleague. Everyone has been nice so far I am sure he will be too.

As I am looking up my eyes are met with the most lively brown orbs I have ever seen. They are a deep brown colour, yet they manage to sparkle and look brighter than any other eye colour ever could. Standing in front of me is the most handsome boy I have ever laid my eyes on. His brown locks of hair are flipped upwards messily and he is wearing a fitted grey suit. Holy guacamole he is a hot snack.

You can easily tell through his well fitted clothes that this man is built. My eyes scan him until they land on his surprisingly soft looking pink lips. "Uh hi", I manage to choke out way too quietly. Way to go Evie, very professional.

"You must be our latest employee here. Elizabeth has a really high opinion of your qualities. I am Tom Holland and this whole floor is my responsibility. Welcome to the team.", he shakes my hand firmly.
"Evangeline Jones. Nice to meet you Mr. Holland.", I finally snapped back into work mode.
"You too, Evangeline.", he took a little break before he let my name roll off his tongue and boy did it do things to me. This is kinda my boss I am not allowed to feel the need to stroke his soft hair out of his face. Snap out of it for gods sake, Evie.

Before I could start drooling all over him Mr. Holland collected the papers he needed and left the room. Thank god.

What on earth was that?

Tom POV
Evangeline. Not just an unusually beautiful name but also an unusually beautiful girl. Holy shit.

When she greeted me with that quiet "uh hi" I wanted to either jump her bones or hug her very tight. She is an employee Tom, get a grip man.

I really hope she is actually as good of a worker as Elizabeth said, it would be such a shame to have her fired or something.
But maybe that would be better for me because with her in a room I am not sure I can concentrate as much as I should.

What are you on about Holland you've seen her once.