Chapter Thirty

The next morning neither of them were ready to leave each other's tight embrace and get out of bed. Still they had to because work was waiting for them.

Even though getting out of bed was the hardest thing she had to do in a long time, Evie felt happier than usually. Maybe it was because Tom made her a smoothie for breakfast or maybe it was because she got to wake up in his arms. When Liz entered the office she smirked at her friend, knowing why she looked so content.

"So did you two have fun?", she asked winking at her as they had some alone time.

"We just talked a bit and then we went to bed. I actually need to talk about something with you, can we go out to eat for lunch today?", Evie asked hopefully. Luckily Liz was free.

The rest of her morning went by smoothly. Before leaving for lunch she printed out the papers she needed Tom to sign and went to his office. "Hey I need your signature on these files. It's not urgent though just do it whenever you're free.", she smiled handing him the stack of papers. "I have a meeting during lunch, did you make any plans? I don't want you to wait for me."

"No I have plans with Liz, it's fine. Will we be driving home together or are you staying longer today?", she asked hoping they could go grocery shopping on the way back. "We'll leave together, we need to buy food though.", he said as if he read her mind. "Just pick me up at my desk then whenever you are ready to leave.", she said smiling at him as she left his office.

--

"So, spill.", Liz said right after the waiter took their orders. To have some privacy they decided to go out to eat at a small cafe near the company. "Okay so yesterday something happened and I need your opinion on it. We went to bed but we weren't tired yet so I offered to give him a massage. That part went really well but then when I was done and he turned back around I was just kinda sitting there on his lap and I couldn't stop looking at him or get up. It's like I was enchanted or something. And then something really weird happened. He put his hands on my waist, I guess to lift me off and then I got this really weird feeling. I can't exactly describe it, it's like a very warm feeling and I felt like I needed something. Like when I need a hug but this was not me needing a hug. It felt really different. Then I started moving to make it go away but that only made it worse but on the other hand it also felt really good. After some time Tom lifted me up then to stop me and then he let me feel what you were telling me about, you know when they get hard, remember?", she rambled on. Liz sat in front of her trying to keep herself from bursting out into fits of laughter. Evie was the most clueless thing ever.

"Have you ever experienced something like that?"

"Of course I have. The people you are attracted to can make you feel like that. It's your desire to touch them, kiss them and be with them. It was nothing weird you were just turned on and by what you've told me Tom was too.", Liz chuckled.

"So you're saying I'm attracted to Tom?", Evie asked with a sceptic frown on her face. "Of course you are and he is just as attracted to you as you are to him. He'd do anything for you!", she exclaimed.

"But how do you know that?"

"Because he can never take his eyes off of you. It get's quite annoying sometimes. This boy worships you. And trust me, he wouldn't be that turned on that if he wasn't attracted to you.", Liz continued hoping to finally talk some sense into her friend. "Right, let's suppose you are right and I am attracted to Tom. What do I do then?"

"You do everything you did so far. Let your feelings guide you. If you ever feel the need to touch him do that. If you want to kiss him really badly again-just do it."

"I don't know about that. I'm not a kisser.", Evie reminded her.

"That's bullshit Eve, I bet kissing Tom is the best thing you can experience. It will be nothing like how it was with Jake because this time you actually want it to happen."
„You really think so?"
"I am a thousand percent certain. You said he made you feel good when he touched you yesterday. That's your body reacting to him, you don't get these feelings from Jake touching you, do you? So imagine if a touch of his hands can do that to you, what his lips on yours will feel like."

"Now I really want to kiss him.", Evie admitted as she blushed.
"If I were you I'd tap that! He is a peng ting!", Liz exclaimed making them both burst out into laughter.

"I'd never thought I'll like my boss.", Evie said as she calmed down again. "You never knew your boss wouldn't be a 50 year old, but a handsome boy."
"Still, it's a bit weird isn't it? I mean let's say he actually does like me back. We can't just be together at work that's so unprofessional."

"Evie calm down! You two will manage to do this perfectly. Stop worrying you're just trying to hold your feelings back and find reasons why it wouldn't work out.", Liz reasoned knowing her friend was just scared.

After that their food arrived and they both dug in. Evie was thankful to have talked about everything that's been going on with Tom. It's not so easy when you are so inexperienced.

—-

Work went by really quickly because it was a bit stressful. Evie was just finishing up as Tom appeared at her desk smiling at her.
"Ready to leave?"
"Yes!"

She noticed her co-workers looked up from their screens suspicious of what was going on. Asking themselves why Evie was going home with their boss. Luckily they didn't know she was living with him, that would spread like a wildfire.

They made their way to Tom's grey car speeding off to the supermarket. They got a card and started walking down the isles. "Oh can we buy ice cream and have a movie night this weekend?", Evie asked giving him puppy eyes. "Of course we can! Go get some", he approved.

She skipped happily to the freezer and struggled to pull out the one she liked because she was so small. She hung there, ass up in the air and tried to reach the one that was really far down. When Tom arrived to look for her and saw what she was doing he immediately stood behind her to cover her from anybody's eyes. He lifted her up by the waist and took out the ice cream for her. "You can't just stand like that in public Evie.", he scolded making her look up at him confused.
"You just showed everyone that cute little ass of yours. That's for nobody to see.", he said smiling down at her. "Sorry Tom I didn't realise.", she said pouting. "You're fine baby.", he whispered as he played with her hair making her smile again.

The cashier, an older woman, looked at them dreamily as she scanned their items. "You two make a great couple.", she said as they were about to leave.
Evie blushes immediately not knowing what made her think that. "Thank you miss.", Tom plainly said surprising the girl.

She ran up to him as he already left and pulled his hand. "Why did you not correct her?", she asked. "There is no need to. Why make her unhappy? And she was right, we'd make a really cute couple.", he said winking at her making her blush again.

He was right. If it was Jake or basically any other guy she'd find the idea of them being a couple disturbing, but with Tom it was different. He actually had so many features of a potential boyfriend. Obviously he was madly attractive- face and body. Then he was incredibly kind, friendly and honest. He was also funny and just very charismatic. Apart from his adorable side he had that strong, overprotective, bossy side to him that made him the successful man he is. But the thing that made him different to any other boy she's met so far is the way he is treating her. With respect. He is okay with her needyness. And most importantly he is protecting her.

Obviously she isn't constantly in need of protection but just by holding her the slightest bit tighter to his waist whenever people are passing closely or helping her out the car by holding her waist or even holding her tight whenever they were napping- these moments made her feel so safe. He was her home. More than her actual home with her parents ever was. And that made him suitable as a potential boyfriend. It was that second, sitting next to him in his pretty car listening to the radio while speeding through the night that she really accepted the fact that maybe Liz was right and she really had feelings for Tom.