Chapter Twenty Seven

The sun shining through the blinds woke Evie up out of her deep slumber. The smell of pancakes filled her nose and she needed a minute to find her orientation again. It was Tom making breakfast. She was at Tom's. No it's "theirs" now

"Oh my god I live with Tom!", this was the thought that made her eyes snap open. She jumped out of bed excitedly and rushed to brush her teeth, wash her face and put on some shorts under her long nighty.

Then she bolted towards the kitchen and hugged Tom from behind, who was happily flipping the pan not even noticing her presence. "Good Morning roommate!", she cheered excitedly wrapping her arms around his strong torso and leaning her head against his muscular back. He was dressed in a tight black shirt and grey sweatpants, her favorite look on him. His hair was all curly and messed up from sleep and she had to hold herself back from running her hand trough it.

Tom couldn't help but grin at the girl. "Roommate", this word managed to make him feel all excited. He finally doesn't have to wake up all alone anymore and spent the weekends lonely waiting for Haz to come around.

"Good morning to you too, little girl. Slept well?", he asked turning around to smile at her. He couldn't help himself but let his eyes wander down her body to her legs, which were fully on display for him to see. Beautiful.

He didn't even realize he called her by a new nickname but Evie caught it immediately making her cheeks heat up. Little girl. That was new.

She decided to tease him about it while grabbing two glasses and filling them up with juice for them. "Like an angel. What about you, strong handsome boy?", she said smirking at him.

Tom chuckled at her attempt to make him feel embarrassed and walked towards her. The trapped her between him and the kitchen counter making her stop breathing for a second. Her innocent brown eyes went even wider than they normally were and she couldn't do anything but stare up at him. "Handsome, huh?", he teased huskily smirking at her frozen form.

"V-Very.", she choked out staring at his lips. Making his smirk widen.

"Well I think you are very pretty too.", he said suddenly turning around leaving her out of breath from anticipation. She had to take a second to recollect herself until she just took the two filled up glasses and carried them towards the table where Tom was already waiting with the pancakes.

"You know what we should do? Invite Haz and Liz today. It'll be like a welcoming party for you because you've moved.", Tom suggested acting like that little thing between them just didn't happen.

"Oh that is an amazing idea! I'll text them right now.", she exclaimed excitedly pulling out her phone to text in the group chat. Luckily their friends were free today and just as excited as both Evie and Tom about Evie finally living with him. The pair decided to fix up some fancy looking cocktails to make the little party seem a bit more official and tried to follow a recipe Evie found on Pinterest. Due to Tom's brilliant idea of dipping the rims of the glasses into sugar they actually turned out nicely.

"Oh sugar it's already 12am I have to change out of my nighty!", Evie exclaimed noticing the time with a horrified look on her face. Tom chuckled at the stressed looking girl and took the juice she was holding out of her grasp to indicate that she was free to go while he'd finish up.

"You're my hero Tommy.", she gave him a toothy smile and allowed herself to waste some more precious time by hugging his waist shortly. "I try my best princess.", he answered into her hair holding her close to him with his free hand. Evie's cheeks reddened as she heard that nickname leaving his lips. She loved it when he called her one of those precious names. It made her feel like she's something special to him.

"Now go before Liz turns up and sees you in your nighty.", he chuckled releasing her and watching her skip out of the kitchen all happy. That girl surely was something.

Evie decided on a black lacy dress that was comfortable but still looked fancy. They weren't even going anywhere so she didn't need to get all dolled up. She finished up her look by putting on some sparkly earrings and clipping pastel colored hair clips into her brown hair. She was done just in time because as she was walking back into the kitchen the doorbell started to ring.

"I want to get it!", she exclaimed making Tom chuckle at her excitement. "Welcome to my home!", she greeted the guests making them laugh. "Girl you look like you own this thing! Wow!", Liz exclaimed as she hugged her friend. "I want to see you room.", Harrison just gave her a quick hug and immediately ran inside to inspect what they have been working on for the past week. Liz followed him quickly leaving her alone in the corridor until Tom entered.

"You look stunning.", he said quietly making her turn to him. "Thank you Tommy. You look very  nice too.", she complimented him and smiled at his outfit. He had changed into some light pants and a tight sweater. He looked dashing actually.

"I tried my hardest to impress you.", he chuckled as she walked closer to him. "You don't have to try to impress me. You impress me every second of the day.", she admitted blushing.

"Oh do I?", he smirked walking closer to her and slightly pinned her to the wall hoping they were not about to be interrupted. Again Evie lost her ability to breathe and her heart apparently forgot how to act as well.

It's only her first day living with him and he managed to make her breathless twice already. It's not even past lunch yet!

"Does that mean I impress you right now?, he asked still smirking down at her. And he really did. She was amazed by his handsome face, the carved out jawline and cheekbones, his sparkly eyes and rosy lips. She was indeed impressed.

But Evie wanted to be a part of this game he was playing so she took a second to recollect her thoughts and smirked back at him while gliding her hands over his shoulders and collarbones. "You've actually been better." she grinned and pushed him off of her slightly as she walked away from him to join their friends in the living room. Tom grinned at the figure walking away from him leaving him wanting more. Such a tease.

It drove him mad that she was so innocent and putty under his touch in some moments and then she was this confident woman in others. He couldn't control her completely and he loved it.

Even though she was young, inexperienced and alone she didn't need him. She was strong enough by herself and that was what drew him to her the most. Still he wanted to give her every thing she needed, be there for her and protect her with his life. It was paradox really.

Evie felt the same conflicting feelings. On one hand he made her feel secure and like she could be as careless and as small as she wanted to be but on the other hand he made her feel confident and stronger than before.

Haz grinned at his best friend as Tom walked in seconds behind Evie holding the cocktails they prepared. Just by looking at his eyes you could see how soft he was for her. Evie really brought out feelings inside of him he never experienced before, even though she was the inexperienced one between these two.