Chapter Eighteen

Evie woke up surrounded by soft white blankets inhaling her most favorite scent in the world. Tom.

She was in Tom's bed. Oh god.

Not really sure how she got here, since she wasn't aware of the plans the others made after the movie she called out for him from the bedroom. "Tommy?" He soon appeared after hearing her cries for him taking his time to take in her pouting face before approaching her and sitting down on the bed as well. "Good morning beautiful.", he said stroking her hair out of her face. Her eyes were still tired from her sleep and her hair was a mess. She looked adorable to him. "What am I doing here?", she pouted. "We all came here to cook some dinner together after the movie was over but you were still asleep.", he explained smiling at her confused face. "Did you carry me?", she asked with flushed cheeks as he nodded. "Tommy I am heavy you should have woken me up!", she exclaimed hiding her embarrassed face in her hands. "Angel you are not heavy and if you were I'd just work out more then.", he smiled pulling her hands away. "You are too good to me sometimes.", she said lowly getting up from the comfy bed. "It's what you deserve."

The other three couldn't help but share knowing smiles when the first thing they heard from Evie after waking up were her cries for Tom. Especially because Tom rushed to her as if she was in danger. "They are so cute!", Liz sighed watching Tom enter the bedroom closing the door behind him. "I never realized Tom needed a girl just like that but it makes perfect sense.", Harrison agreed. "Evie really is one of a kind. And I don't know Tom that well but I approve of him, he's just what she needs.", Jake added. "Still this will take a long time to happen."

"Why? It's so obvious they are in love!", Liz exclaimed. "Evie is the most oblivious person when it comes to things like that. You could literally tell her and she would think you were just being nice.", Jake explained making both Harrison and Liz roll their eyes at the girl. "We'll do our best.", they promised.

They subtly changed the topic when the bedroom door opened and the two love birds appeared. Evie, who still looked a little sleepy grabbed ahold of his hand and let him guide her to the kitchen where her friends were awaiting them. She gave all of them a tired smile and started to look inside the pan to see what they were cooking. "Will there be dessert?", she asked suddenly very awake. "Let's bake some cookies!", Liz joined in on her idea and the other agreed. Evie took over the role of bossing them around, mainly Tom because it was his kitchen and he was the only one who knew where everything was. Together they made chocolate chip cookies while singing along to Harrison's early 2000s playlist, because he took over the role of the dj, a very important part of baking cookies of course. Once they were finished the dinner was ready as well so they all sat down at Tom's table and dug into the food.

"Wow we're really good at this.", Jake complimented himself and the group making them laugh. "We should all just quit our jobs and open up a restaurant at this point.", Harrison agreed.

"At what time is your train leaving tomorrow?", Evie asked her best friend. "9am.", so we'll have to get up early. "Ugh the train station is across town.", Evie pouted feeling already tired from having to get up early tomorrow. "It's not too far from here and I have a car. The streets won't be too busy on a Sunday morning that early. We can get your stuff now and you can crash here.", Tom suggested. "Oh could we really? Tom you're an angel! Thank you so much.", Evie got up from her seat excitedly and hugged him tightly. "Yes, thanks man.", Jake agreed grinning at Liz and Harrison. He'll make sure Evie will get to spend the night with Tom, maybe this will help get their relationship started.

"I'll go get your stuff, Liz do you want me to drop you off at home on the way there?", Harrison asked in hopes of getting out of doing the dishes. Liz agreed feeling tired and the three left with Evie's key. The pair started to clean up the table with Evie washing and Tom drying the dishes they were done pretty quickly. Evie asked Jake to bring her an overnight bag with all her necessities. Tom set up a place to sleep on his couch, making it more comfortable with blankets and extra pillows.

 "Evie do you want to sleep on the couch or on my bed? I could sleep on the floor.", he asked from the living room. "Excuse me, Tom this is your home you will not sleep on the floor. Also your bed is huge I bet we'd all fit in there just fine if we wanted to. I'll be fine on the couch Jake will just have to scoot over then.", she smiled at him for even asking her. "You can really sleep on my bed Evie.", he tried again not wanting her to be uncomfortable on her very first night in his apartment. "I'll ask Jake, but I'd love to sleep in your bed, you have very comfy sheets you know.", she admitted making him laugh. "I should make that my pick up line.", he joked making her laugh with him.

Soon enough Jake returned with his stuff and Evie's overnight bag. She took it to the guest bathroom and started to brush her teeth. "Jake did you forget to bring me a shirt to sleep in?", she asked very confused coming out with her shorts in her hand and the toothbrush in her mouth. "Oops, must have left it somewhere in your flat I guess.", Jake apologized hiding his smile. "It's okay Evie, I can give you something of mine.", Tom stepped in oblivious to Jake's doing. He gave her one of his many black T-shirts that she loved so dearly because they showed of his body so well. Thanking him she went back to the bathroom putting it on as well as the shorts, which were kind of unnecessary, since the shirt went down to her mid thighs anyways.

"Jake would you be okay with me sleeping in Tom's bedroom or do you want me to stay on the couch with you? I just think you'd be a bit more comfortable with me gone.", she asked him hoping he would say yes. Jake immediately agreed, happy with how his plans worked out so easily today. "Good night then Jakey.", she said wrapping her small arms around him cuddling close to her. "Night Evie. Sweet dreams."

With that she went into Tom's room closing the door behind her to give Jake some privacy. She made her way to the bed when Tom stepped out of the bathroom. He took a few seconds to admire seeing her in his shirt until he went to lay down. Usually he'd sleep with his shirt off but he decided against it, not wanting to intimidate Evie or give her a wrong image of his intentions. He desperately wanted her to feel comfortable sleeping over at his apartment because only then she'd maybe do it again.

 She secretly admired him in his grey sweatpants with his hair slightly messed up from running his hand through it throughout the day. When he got under the covers next to her she rolled over to hug him tightly, surprising him a little bit. She was kind of laying on top of him with her arms wrapped around his torso, he was very happy he wasn't shirtless now. Her face was nuzzled into the crook of his neck when he felt her smile against him as he wrapped his arms around her tiny waist. "Good night Tommy, sleep tight.", she whispered. "You too angel.", he answered loosening his grip slightly giving her the option to roll back over.

She intended to do that, she really did but she was just too damn comfortable surrounded by his scent and warmth. "Tommy.", she whispered. "hmm?" "Do you mind if we stay like this?", she answered happy he couldn't see her flushed cheeks right now. "Not at all.", he answered happily pulling her even closer and leaving a little kiss on the top of her head. He was secretly hoping they would end up sleeping somewhat like this. Both content to be so close to the other they both fell asleep instantly.