Chapter Twenty Three

Evie's head snapped up from his chest and she looked at him wide eyed. "What did you just ask me?", she said not comprehending what was happening at all.

"It would be perfect, we can make up the guest bedroom the way you want it, you'd even have your own bathroom. We could drive to work together and go back home too. You wouldn't have to pay any rent and we can go out to buy groceries.", he started to ramble trying not to think about the question he just involuntarily spilled out.

"Tom wait. You want me to move in with you. Like roommates?", she repeated looking at him as if he just told her she were a wizard. "Yes I honestly do. I hate living alone this apartment is way too big for just one person anyways.", he reasoned. "I can't live here. That apartment costs more than what I make. I also don't want to disturb you. I love spending time with you don't get me wrong but you'd have to be around me 24/7.", she said still not convinced.

"Just think about it. I love having you here, you make this apartment finally feel like home. I also won't let you pay anything so don't even worry about that. Please just consider it for just a second. But I get it if you'd rather stay in your apartment, I don't want to be too much for you."

"You're not too much for me Tom. I don't think I could ever get tired of being with you. And I am honestly very lonely in my small flat so living with you would only bring advantages for me.", she admitted. "Then say yes. I know it might sound too rushed and crazy but maybe it's going to be just perfect because it is so spontaneous."

She studied him with curious brown eyes. Could he be for real? What about her was it that made him want to actually spend every second of his day and his personal life with her? How is this amazing man offering her to live with him?

"I'm gonna live with my boss. I'm gonna live with you!", she exclaimed feeling a jolt of excitement rush through her body. This was crazy and maybe absolutely stupid. This will very likely end in an absolute disaster but none of them cared in that moment. The excitement of what was to come and the relief of no longer having to feel alone, spending time apart in their flats was bigger than their rational thoughts and fears.

"So this is a yes? You're going to live with me?", he asked gifting her a genuine smile making her heart flutter. "Yes Tom I'll live with you!", she exclaimed flinging her arms around his neck now laying completely on top of his body. Tom immediately wrapped his arms around her waist feeling like he was on top of the world, holding his most priced possession in his arms knowing he will get to see her everyday from now on. He couldn't even describe the relief that was washing over him knowing he'd never have to walk into this huge apartment alone with nobody waiting for him. From now on it will be filled with Evie's things and she will bring life to these beautiful yet cold walls.

"We will go out and buy you everything you want. You have full permission to change everything here.", he said looking at her in awe thanking her for doing this for him. "I already love it so much here Tom, we are not going to change much I promise. I really can't believe you are willing to do this for me. I am such a burden on you.", she worried hiding her face in his chest. "You are not a burden Evie. You are the one doing me a favor by moving in with me, trust me.", he admitted truthfully lifting up her chin gently with his fingers making her look up at him. "I've never met a person as good hearted as you.", she whispered in complete adoration for the boy in front of her. "It's you, who makes me be this way.", he answered in a husky voice not breaking the intense eye contact.

Their faces were inches apart and without realizing they both leaned in to get closer to the other. Evie was so caught up in his eyes she didn't even realize what was about to happen. A kiss. She promised herself to never kiss someone after that whole incident with Jake. Tom's eyes involuntarily snapped down to her rosy lips completely enchanted by their proximity.

"Why didn't you invite me to hangout too?"

Harrison's voice made the two jump apart and come back to reality. Evie was panting from the anticipation, slowly letting it sink in that she had been so impossibly close to Tom and that it had felt good. Tom felt a rush of anger in the pit of his stomach making his jaw clench involuntarily at the disruption. But if Harrison hadn't come in would they really have kissed? Tom didn't dare to answer that question because he didn't want to assume something and then be wrong about it. He knew how oblivious Evie was and also how scared she was of kissing another guy again, too scared to experience the same awful kiss she had before. Harrison, oblivious to what he had just interrupted, entered the living room holding snacks in his hands. "Liz told me you were going out for breakfast I am offended I wasn't asked to come along.", he said playfully knowing that he wouldn't have come since he actually wanted them to have some alone time. Still he decided to interrupt their day because he missed his best friend.

When he saw Evie laying on top of Tom with her little arms draped around his neck he couldn't help but smirk. Anyone with a healthy mind would immediately assume these two were in a healthy relationship yet neither of them seemed to realize that the way they are treating the other is not just friendly. Harrison was very aware that Tom has never felt anything for a girl before so it is no surprise that he is taking a little longer to recognize what he is feeling are actually romantic feelings towards Evie.

"Haz guess what!", Evie exclaimed as Harrison sat down on the arm chair munching on his snacks. The girl got up from her cuddling position with Tom, who reluctantly released the tight grip around her waist, and sat up to face Haz. "Tom asked me to move in with him."

Harrison mouth fell open, the chips he was just chewing on full display, his eyes grew wider. He couldn't say anything for a couple of seconds just staring at Tom and Evie. "He what?", he managed to choke out after taking in Tom's blank face and Evie's big smile. "I am going to live here. In this beautiful apartment. With Tom.", she explained again as if he was a child. "Oh god I am so happy for you!", he then exclaimed growing just as excited as Evie looked right now. Evie started bouncing on the couch grinning like a maniac. "Thank you! We will be roommates, it's going to be like having a sleepover but it's every night." Tom admired the ecstatic girl, who wasn't able to contain her excitement about the future and still bounced in her seat. Tom was happy she wasn't sitting on him anymore.

"Just like girls' night.", he chimed in to tease her making her grin widen.

"Oh you don't even know what you're getting yourself into by saying that.", she answered winking at him.

--

Soon after Evie decided she was hungry again and volunteered to cook lasagna for the three of them. Haz and Tom stayed behind on the couch talking. "I'm happy for you, man. I know how much you hate living alone and I would've come to live with you but you know I also love living with my parents for as long as I still can. Evie will be very good for you.", he said smiling at his best friend. "It was a spontaneous idea but I think it will be good, at least something new. I just really hated yesterday, when I was alone the whole day and I missed having someone here." "No you missed having Evie here.", Haz teased nudging his side. Tom didn't answer which made Harrison smirk at him. "Come on you are not seriously still denying you have feelings for this girl. You are completely whipped, man. And it's goddamn great seeing you like this."

"I am not whipped.", Tom denied furrowing his eyebrows at the boy in front of him.

"Tommy I can't find your noodles.", Evie whined from the kitchen making Tom jump up immediately to help her. "Totally not whipped.", Haz teased under his breath but Tom heard him giving him his middle finger.

"They're next to the cupboard with all the spices.", he explained opening up the cabinet for her handing her the noodles she needed. "That looks amazing, thank you so much for making this.", he said hugging her waist from behind while she was stirring the sauce in the pan. "I'll be making things for you much more often now.", she grinned turning around to face him.

Seeing her smile a genuine smile at him and how happy her glistening eyes looked made him question what Harrison has said to him in the living room.

Maybe he really was whipped for this beautiful girl in front of him.

Living with her and being with her 24/7 will probably show just what it was that he was feeling.