Chapter Forty Two

„My mum invited me to dinner. Do you think you feel ready to meet my parents?", Tom asked Evie, who was currently in his office picking up the papers he wanted her to skim.

„I've met your brothers so I think it would be best to meet your parents now.", she said uneasiness evident in her voice.
„My mum is going to love you. Don't even worry about it.", Tom reassured pulling her close to him by her waist. „I really hope so. But I am excited to see Tessa.", she beamed making him chuckle. „You're stealing my dog aren't you?", he smiled.
„Not my fault your dog is the most amazing and handsome girl ever."

„It's alright. As long as I get to keep the prettiest girl ever.", he said looking down at her lovingly. Evie's cheeks flushed red and she felt all giddy inside at the compliment. „Thank you.", she whispered as she wrapped her hands around his neck to pull him into a quick kiss.

Right then the door opened and Evie pulled away as quickly as possible. „Sorry lovebirds but I have this contract that needs to be finalised.", Liz entered the office making Evie release a relieved breath.

The other employees still didn't know for sure that something was going on between their boss and the newest employee even though they were highly suspicious of them.

In order to reassure her, Tom wrapped one arm around Evie's waist pulling her back to his front as he took the contract with the other hand. „You'll have this back by noon.", he promised wanting to be alone with his girl again.
„Alright. But I am stealing her for lunch.", Liz claimed making him groan. „You've been with her all weekend let us have some of her too.", she laughed leaving the office.
„Did you want to have lunch with me?", Evie asked turning around to see his brown eyes.
„It's fine. She's right I occupy all of your time."
„No you don't. It's not like I don't want to be with you every second of every day.", she giggled making his smile return.
„Just join us for lunch. Liz won't mind."
„Alright, guess I'll have to share you all day today.", he said pouting, making her heart melt at his cuteness.

"Lucky for you you'll have me all night to yourself.", she giggled kissing his pouty lips.

"I have to get back to work or else my boss will kill me.", she said getting out of his grasp.
"He'd be happier if you worked in his office.", he answered cheekily. "You could not concentrate Holland.", she teased making him laugh.
"I don't think I'd mind the distraction."

——
„Can we invite Haz to lunch?", Evie asked wanting to see the blonde boy again. „I've already asked him, he's down. Not like he has anything else to do.", Liz laughed. „It's still a mystery to me what this boy does all day.", Evie agreed, happy to see him again.

Right before lunch the blonde boy appeared in the open plan office. „Hazzy!", Evie exclaimed, allowing herself to be unprofessional because all the other employees on her floor have already left for lunch. Harrison opened his arms to catch the girl running up to him, throwing herself into his arms. Tom, who was on his way to return the finalised contract to Liz couldn't help to feel the slightest pang of jealousy. Not because he didn't trust his friend or Evie but because Harrison was there for Evie when Tom wasn't. And secretly Tom knew Haz might be the better boyfriend.

„Hey you peng ting.", Haz teased greeting the brunette girl. "Stop flirting with my girl.", Tom said jokingly pulling Evie away from his arms. "Don't be like that I haven't seen Haz in ages!", Evie pouted trying to get out of Tom's grip, flailing her arms at Haz. "It's not like you guys don't text everyday.", Tom chuckled holding her tightly to his body so she couldn't escape.

"Let's go I am starving!", Liz interrupted linking arms with Harrison.
The group of four decided to ditch the cafeteria and have lunch at a pretty restaurant. Unfortunately, some colleagues of them had the same idea. Their suspicious gazes where on the group the whole time, which really bothered Liz. "Those noisy hawks, can't they just mind their own bloody business?", she whispered yelled as she once again caught their eyes. "They just want to figure out so badly whether you two are getting it on or not.", Harrison agreed pointing his fork to Evie and Tom. "You know what. We should just announce it publicly so that everyone will stop bothering us.", Evie sighed, hating to be the talk of the month.

"Are you sure you want that?", Tom asked looking at her with worry filled eyes. After she got bullied by her two colleagues he was very cautious at what other people say about her. "I just want them to stop bothering us."

After receiving her confirmation he told Haz and Liz to close their eyes, which of course, they didn't and grabbed Evie's neck to pull her into a slow kiss. Even though she knew it was just to make a statement Evie still felt butterflies at the sensual movements of his lips against hers. She felt her cheeks heat up, knowing she was being watched. When he let her pull away she hid her face in his chest so she could be hidden from their eyes.

"Well, now that that's official, we should get back to work.", Liz announced grinning from one ear to the other.

——
"How fancy do I need to be for this dinner?", Evie asked, entering Tom's room wrapped in a towel.
"Maybe we shouldn't go anywhere.", Tom said once he laid eyes on her figure. "Why?", she asked confused, since she didn't notice his heated gaze yet. "I suddenly am not hungry anymore.", he chuckled wrapping both of his strong arms around her waist to pull her as close to him as possible. "Don't start anything we can't finish.", she giggled trying to escape.

"You don't need to be fancy at all.", he said sighing while releasing her from his grip. Evie turned around and got up on her tip toes to she could pull his neck closer to hers and kiss him.

"Now you are the one starting something.", he teased before deepening the kiss using his tongue. "Tommy we need to stop.", she whispered between kisses not wanting to pull away either. "Alright, alright.", he said defeatedly putting his hands up and stepping away from her.

Evie rushed out of his room, knowing if she didn't leave now she never would. She decided on a white denim skirt paired with a light pink blouse. Since she never did anything to her hair anyways she just left it down.

"Ready, baby?", Tom asked leaning on her doorframe, taking in her outfit. "Do you like it?", she asked unsure, suddenly feeling nervous again.
"You look amazing. I like the skirt on you.", he teased clearly looking at the curve of her butt.

"I am glad you like it.", she said giggling. "I like your shirt a lot."
Tom was wearing a dark poloshirt that was hugging his muscular figure perfectly. He paired that with dark dress pants making him look really handsome. His dark curls fell into his face while still looking neat.

"Don't look at me like that or I am not leaving.", he smirked as he noticed her look.
"I m totally not looking at you in any particular way.", she denied and closed her eyes. "Too bad, I really wish you were looking.", he teased kissing her lips. "Let's go, Tessa is waiting for you."

The drive to Tom's parents house wasn't too long and when they arrived Evie felt her nerves build up. Questions like: What if they don't like me? Or what if I don't like them? Kept popping up in her head making her go crazy. "Relax babe, I am sure everything will go fine. My brothers already love you, there is nothing to worry about.", Tom said reassuringly while squeezing her thigh. The house was very pretty and in a secluded neighborhood. When they pulled into the driveway the door opened and Tessa ran out. "Told you she was waiting.", Tom chuckled as he got out and opened the door for Evie.

They greeted Tessa lovingly and then walked over to Sam, who opened the door. "Hey div.", Tom greeted and hugged his brother. Evie followed suit by greeting all the brothers first. Since they've just recently seen each other it was easy to carry a conversation. Then a pretty lady came out of, what Evie assumed was the kitchen and hugged her son.

"You must be Evie. I am really excited to finally meet you!", she greeted hugging the smaller girl.
"Likewise, Tom has told me much about you. Oh I love your apron! Do you need any help?"
"You can help me set the table, love.", she said taking her hand and leading the way.

Evie was relieved that this went well so far and that she had something to do now. Tom left them be, to go find his dad.
"So Evie, tell me a little bit about yourself. Tom didn't tell us much.", Tom's mum admitted as she handed her some glasses.

"Well I just finished school and moved here right after. My parents live 2 hours away. I work in Tom's department, actually. I've lived alone for a couple of months until Tom asked me to be his roommate.", she summed up giving general information. "Moving out so early sounds really scary."
"It was, but once you settle and find friends it feels like home pretty quickly.", Evie admitted smiling at the woman. She seemed genuinely nice.

"Boys, come to the table. Dinner is ready.", she exclaimed, making the boys appear at the dining table.

One parent down-second to go.