Chapter Fifteen

She stayed with her little arms wrapped around him until the chocolate was fully melted and Tom filled it into two mugs. He gave her one and excused himself to go and change out of his work attire to be more comfortable. Evie went back to the couch her water bottle resting on her stomach and hands warming up against the grey mug. The heavenly scent of the hot beverage filled up her nose and she felt more at ease than before.

Tom returned wearing a white T-shirt and grey sweatpants. When Evie looked up at his attire she had to do a double take. He looked hot. His strong body was shown off perfectly under the tight see-through material of his shirt, the small v-neck teasing her. His biceps was on full display making him look even stronger than he was. She allowed her hungry eyes to trail downwards and immediately wished she hadn't when she realized why all of her girl friends were always gushing about boys in grey sweatpants. They left nothing to the imagination. As he came closer to her with his laptop in his hand she gulped and tried to shake her dirty thoughts off her mind. She wasn't exactly successful though.

"Would you like to change into something else too, darling?", Tom asked hiding the grin that spread on his face because of her staring so bluntly at him. "I'd love to actually. Do you have anything I'd fit into?", she asked slowly getting up. He lead her to his beautiful master bedroom with a stunning view looking down on the city beneath them. Tom pulled out a sweater while she was staring out the large windows completely in awe.

Thanking him she quickly moved into the bathroom and took off her skirt as well as the jacket and shirt she had on. Tom's grey hoodie was big and soft and went down just above her knees. It wasn't much shorter than the skirt she had been wearing previously so she didn't need pants. Engulfed in his scent the sweater felt like a warm hug from Tom. She left in her butterfly clips and left the bathroom to find Tom sitting on the couch already staring at her.

Now it was his turn to be completely blown away by the girl in front of him. Seeing her like this in nothing but his sweater deeply satisfied his possessive side in a way he never felt it before. It was animalistic really. He nearly groaned when he saw how small she looked yet her exposed legs managed to still make her look sexy. She was a goddess.

"I love your clips.", he complimented her as she sat down blushing furiously because of his eyes on her. "Thank you! I love wearing them too!", she smiled widely, finally forgetting about why she had been so scared the whole day. Tom gave her back the hot water bottle and made sure she was tugged in with the blanket when he gave her the laptop. They both started working and were actually able to be quite productive for three hours.

"Let's stop for today shall we?", Tom said closing his laptop and rubbing his tired eyes. His hair was messy from running his hands through it mindlessly during work. Evie got up and placed both of their mugs into the kitchen as Tom turned on the television in an attempt to get both of their minds off of work.

When she returned he was overpowered by his needs, so he stretched out his arms in order for her to come sit in between his legs. He covered her exposed legs with the blanket again not only to keep her warm but for his own sanity as well. Startled by his actions Evie soon relaxed against his muscular body enjoying their proximity just as much as he did. When they were this close she felt like she was able to finally breathe after being under water for hours. She felt at home.

Feeling brave she took his big hand into her small one and intertwined their fingers, holding him as close to her heart as possible. She wanted to subtly show him what he was doing to her and it worked. Tom felt her heartbeat increase every time he would move his body or touch her by her waist with his free hand. He surely enjoyed that deciding to play a little game of touching her and feeling her soft skin against his hands while waiting desperately for her reaction. Evie held completely still, curious to know about what he was going to do next. When his hand met the naked skin of her thigh she couldn't help but let out a little gasp her heart tumbling in her chest. Tom smirked satisfied with knowing what an effect he could have on her if he wanted to. Not wanting to take advantage of her though he stopped exploring her body much to Evie's dismay.

She suddenly felt like a whiney child who just got his lollipop taken away, when he removed his hand from her aching body. She let out a small whimper and started to move unsettled against his body. Her hand went up to his neck trying to get him closer again. Her head moved around his chest until it fell into the perfect place for her where his neck met his shoulders. She let it rest there still moving the rest of her body in ordere to find a more comfortable position again. Tom wasn't expecting her to move against him so much and was quick to hold her waist down with both of his strong arms holding her in place. "We don't want to wake up sleeping lions, do we darling?", he whispered into her ear his hot breath fanning her neck making it hard for her to concentrate on his words.

She didn't understand what he was saying at all her innocent mind stopping her from figuring it out but she didn't care. She was a mess in his arms right now and she just wanted to feel him everywhere. In a bold second she suddenly turned herself around in his arms facing him making him look down at her expectantly. "I am sorry I am like this today. You know I am suffering from anxiety and some days I really just can help but feel like this.", she explained looking into his beautiful dark eyes. In her brown orbs he saw nothing but honesty and her dripping innocence making him smile softly at her. "I am glad you've told me and I am glad you can calm down with me around.", he admitted while starting to stroke her soft hair. He realized how much she needed his comfort right now and wrapped both of his arms tightly around her frame.

"Next time you feel like this I want you to text me right in the mornings, then we'll either spend the day here or at your place. Unless you want to be alone okay?", he said secretly hoping she didn't want to be alone. Hearing that she furiously shook her head against him. "No I want to be with you.", she dismissed as quickly as possible making a warm feeling spread around his heart.

Seeing him smile down at her made the strong feeling of wanting to kiss him appear in her chest again. She couldn't contain herself so she closed her eyes desperately wanting the feeling to pass and pressed her face against his neck trying to ease it. Tom didn't understand what was happening but he enjoyed having her pressed even closer to him finding it hard not to let out a moan when she gripped his shirt tightly into her small fists and unconsciously rocked her whole body against his. He held her in place at her waist and started to stroke her back with both of his hands making her calm down slowly. When she was able to breathe normally again she hesitantly opened her eyes afraid to look at his face and having to deal with the same problem again. He noticed and took her chin into his large hand making her look up at him with widened eyes. "You're okay.", he reassured making her feel all warm inside. She smiled at this and threw her small arms around his neck pulling him close. She closed her eyes and was met by a much needed sleep.

With the peaceful creature hanging on his neck covering him like a blanket Tom himself felt his eyes go heavy and soon enough he was gone as well.

He didn't even wake up when Harrison entered with the spare key he had given him for emergencies, a gift Harrison often abused for his own benefit. He was planning on having a guys night and watch some movies when he heard that the TV was on, surprised that Tom was already home from work he made his way into the living room. When his eyes met with the sleeping pair he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Grinning like a maniac he snapped a picture and sent it to Elizabeth. Her reply was immediate. "Noo way! No wonder I couldn't find either of them at work all day!" Satisfied with his findings Harrison left the apartment still grinning because he knew that his friend has finally found someone who is going to make him settle here and make his life a lot happier and a lot less centered around his work and success.

Of course Harrison knew how important his job is to Tom but he also knows that not having a stable private life has been nagging on his best friend the past few years. He was so focused on working that he stopped hanging out with anyone but Harrison and started seeing his own family less and less. There was no reason sometimes for Tom to even leave his office and go back home to his empty apartment. He made so much money, yet he had nothing to spend it on. Leaving him unsatisfied and tired.

Having Evie in his life is going to change that, Harrison was sure of that. She was from his company meaning she herself was a workaholic, ambitious and smart. Yet there still was this pure and lively side to her that keeps her from being just a machine, purely living for her career. She was looking for a happy private life as well and that is what Tom has been lacking. With her in his life Harrison finally didn't have to worry as much about his best friend anymore and he was very thankful for that.

Evie managed to change his life for the better already and they are not any where near a relationship yet.