Chapter Twelve

When Evie left Tom's office still a little flustered she was greeted by a smirking Elizabeth. "Where are you coming from looking all hot and bothered?", she teased making Evie blush even more. "I am not. I just had lunch with Tom."

"First name basis I see. Well then you'll have no problem with our after-work-plans.", Liz told her. "We have plans?", the news made Evie look up from her computer. "Remember Harrison? He invited us to watch movies at Tom's.", she said acting all casual. "Excuse me? Tom doesn't know anything about that! He is still our boss Liz we can't just watch movies on his couch." "Oh please, you two get along so well just forget his status like you do everyday during lunch. Harrison is sure Tom won't mind."

Evie was still not convinced until the door opened and Tom in all his glory stepped in catching her attention. "I guess you'll be coming around my place tonight to watch movies?", he asked holding up his phone showing a message from Harrison. "No." "Yes", both girls said at the same time. Elizabeth glared at Evie then turned to smile at Tom. "Only if you don't mind of course."

"No it's a great idea actually. See you then.", he smiled at Evie then left the room. Leaving the young girl very concerned. "I hate this idea."

--

"Remind me to ring the doorbell to one of his neighbors before we leave, so I can marry them and move in here.", Liz gushed in awe of the beautiful apartment complex. "If I lived here I would never leave the house.", Evie agreed. This house was beautiful, Tom sure had good taste. Intimidated Evie rang his doorbell waiting for the boy to open the white door. And when he did open it she lost her ability to speak or think straight. Tom stood in front of her with messily pushed back hair, a white tight shirt and grey sweatpants. She has never seen him dress casually before and now she wished he would never wear anything else. They say men in suits are the most handsome but Evie had to disagree. Seeing Tom like this made him look even more dreamy to her. For a second she just stood there staring at him with widened eyes and parted lips. To Tom she looked absolutely beautiful with her glistening eyes and long hair, that she has just taken out of her pony tail. She wore a big sweater and leggings, an outfit making his mind turn wild because on one hand those little leggings hugged her curves so perfectly but on the other hand she looked like she's drowning in that big sweater. The perfect mixture of innocent and sexy.

"I'll leave you two to greet Harrison.", Liz broke the silence and smirked at the two love struck puppies in front of her. This made both of them snap back into reality. Evie blushed feeling caught and gave him a shy smile which he returned. The girls entered the apartment and were not surprised at how beautiful it was on the inside, matching their expectations after seeing the outside. "It's so beautiful here Tom.", Evie complimented him turning to meet his eyes again. Harrison was waiting for them in the living room surrounded by snacks. He smiled cheekily as Evie entered and got up to greet her with a hug. "We haven't properly met. I am Harrison." "Hi I'm Evie.", she smiled hugging him back tightly. When they parted Evie saw out of the corner of her eyes how Tom clenched his jaw. That was so attractive she didn't dare to take a good look at him, scared of being overwhelmed by his beauty.

Harrison nudged his best friend smirking at him, realizing how Tom disliked seeing him hug Evie. Liz watched the whole scene from the couch and couldn't help herself but giggle at the pair, who are undoubtedly so attracted to each other but no where near ready yet to confess their feelings. It's so weird seeing her boss like that. Never in a million years she thought an innocent girl like Evie would be the one making him go weak but seeing them now she realized how perfect they were for each other.

They all found their seats and started a random movie on Netflix, deciding on Thor 3. Tom sat in an armchair alone, while the others sat on the couch. He spread out his legs and took up the whole seat with his toned body. With the blue light coming from the TV hitting his face, this being the only light in the room, he looked even more beautiful than ever. Evie was curled up on the couch hugging a pillow to her chest sitting the closest to Tom. She couldn't help herself but let her eyes unconsciously turn from the TV towards Tom. He was invested in the movie and watched everything going on cautiously. His arm was resting next to him, making his strong biceps visible to her for the first time without being covered by a shirt. His head was leaned back to rest on the chair, making his strong jawline look even more prominent giving her a good look at his neck and adams apple. Suddenly Evie felt the urge to place her lips on the delicate skin right under his jawline on his neck. The urge was so overwhelming she had to look away from him in order to stop herself. These feelings surprised Evie.

Tom noticed her looking at him making him smile but when she snapped her head to her lap he turned to look at her fully. He'd pay a lot to read her thoughts right now. When Evie looked up again he saw she was blushing furiously making him nearly coo at the girl so close, yet way too far away from him. He wanted to comfort her and kiss those flushed cheeks, but he couldn't.

Both Harrison and Liz noticed how Evie was so lost in staring at Tom she didn't even hear them whispering about her. "Bet she's thinking of ripping his clothes off.", Liz giggled in Harrison's ear making him snort quietly at her comment. The pair decided to leave the lovers alone for a bit and made up a lame excuse as to why they had to go to the kitchen. Neither Evie nor Tom cared though. Tom turned to Evie looking at her curled up with his pillow, suddenly he wished she was hugging him like that instead. They both reached out to grab a cookie making their hands touch. Evie wanted to pull away embarrassed by the tingles she was feeling but Tom closed his large hand around her delicate one. She looked at their intertwined hands curiously and then met his eyes. He tugged on her hand slightly motioning for her to get up, which hesitantly she did. She had a rough idea, or more so a hope, of what he wanted her to do but she didn't dare to assume he'd actually want that from her. But Tom did want exactly that.

Still holding her hand in his warm one he tugged her towards him making her stand in front of his spread out legs unsure of what to do. He looked at her biting her lips out of uncertainty, which seemed to give Tom the rest of desperation he needed to actually pull her down to his warm body. She sat between his legs resting her back on his strong torso, very aware of his abs. Her head was placed perfectly where his neck meets his shoulders completely engulfed in his warmth and scent. His arms were draped around her, holding her impossibly close to him. They both wanted to stay like this forever. Evie felt as safe and secure as when he hugged her after saving her. She dreamed of being back in his arms again so many lonely nights she couldn't believe she actually got to experience it in real life now. Tom felt his usual feelings of loneliness wash away just like that and for the first time actually felt like he had a purpose and like he was needed.

In her needy state Evie still felt like she didn't touch him enough yet. So she reached out to grab his large hands into her small ones caressing each of his fingers lovingly making tingles run down his arms. He couldn't help but stare down at the small girl in his arms. This moment was never meant to end.

Of course their relationship was no where near this far yet and being so cuddled up to each other was way too quick but neither of them cared in that moment. They just acted after what felt right. And cuddling like this did feel so right. Nothing else mattered, not that they have only known each other for three months or that he was her boss or that Harrison and Liz where in the same room with them. Everything that mattered was that their need for the other was finally fulfilled. Still Evie felt the urge to turn her head and actually give in to her feelings and kiss his neck but she couldn't. She was sure this would ruin everything so she didn't dare to do anything. Even though her body was aching to.

When she shifted in front of him to finally give in at least a little and turn her face to look up at him Tom forgot how to breathe. It wasn't only her movements against him but also her hot breath on his neck. The mood suddenly shifted from just innocent cuddling to both of them being all hot and bothered for the other but none of them acting out on their feelings. When they finally locked eyes both of them saw the desperation and the storm going on in the other. The need to share a heated kiss was so thick in the room both Harrison and Liz were holding their breaths in anticipation watching from their place on the couch after having returned as quietly as possible. But the kiss never came. Instead Evie heavy heartedly closed her eyes and rested her face in the crook of his neck. Her lips touching the skin she was aching to suck on but she didn't dare to move them and leave a kiss there. Instead she was hoping Tom would brush it off as unintentional.

Tom decided to be happy with just holding her and closed his eyes too in hopes to remember every detail of how it feels to hold her so close to him. He wasn't sure he'd ever get another chance to hold his Evie again.